I want to make Champions for League of Legends

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Izzabelle

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaheki View Post
I am not sure if the new champ is from here, but i got to say when I saw the news, I immediately thought of this thread =D
Nice work!
Thanks! I'm going to continue making champ concepts here, and hopefully sometime in the future -- for Riot.

ProR2D2

12-06-2012

Good Job! Keep up with the good work =D

Jungfrau

12-06-2012

Dam, you should get hired !

Pabro

Events Broducer

12-06-2012
8 of 19 Riot Posts

Firstly, I'm a fan of your work here Izabelle! Very fun and creative stuff here!

Wanted to chime in here on Vi, a bit since people are curious about the coincidence. For the official record, It takes us anywhere from 4-6 months to concept and produce a LoL champ.

In Vi's case, she's been aeound in various forms for two years. At one point she was a steam-punk capoeira fighter with dreads and robot legs- which sounds way cooler than our drawings for her!

A year ago we started exploring a girl with bad ass metal/tech gauntlets but we couldn't find a way to make her compelling. We were running into challenges with Shyvana overlap, as well as struggling to define who she was as a person. Sometime around this past June, one of our champ concept artists took another crack at her- and came up with the punky ex-criminal persona. We all got super pumped on this new direction and began full pre-production.. GypsyLord's first playable protoype came into design playtest in early July- and we had her marquee charge punch ability day one.

When I first saw this thread a month ago, I was amazed at the coincidence! Kudos to you Izabelle for your creativity.

Hope you all enjoy punching people in the face with Vi.

Elementel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Bump for great minds

ComanderMolander

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

SUPER KUDOS! in 4 weeks Quinn became Vi!

I wish they kept the name though we need a champion that starts with Q! >_<

Mihlo

12-06-2012

How awesome that your Quinn concept aligns so nearly to Vi

I especially like the idea for Castor/Pollux, I think that they should both exist on the field at the same time, maybe some sort of wacky yordle event fuses the two at the hip so to speak.

Claire is another, I really like the tie in to Caitlyn's arch-nemesis who we only know as "C", champs like this are what make the lore behind the game so believable, its just a shame it went by the wayside.

Izzabelle

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabro View Post
Firstly, I'm a fan of your work here Izabelle! Very fun and creative stuff here!

Wanted to chime in here on Vi, a bit since people are curious about the coincidence. For the official record, It takes us anywhere from 4-6 months to concept and produce a LoL champ.

In Vi's case, she's been aeound in various forms for two years. At one point she was a steam-punk capoeira fighter with dreads and robot legs- which sounds way cooler than our drawings for her!

A year ago we started exploring a girl with bad ass metal/tech gauntlets but we couldn't find a way to make her compelling. We were running into challenges with Shyvana overlap, as well as struggling to define who she was as a person. Sometime around this past June, one of our champ concept artists took another crack at her- and came up with the punky ex-criminal persona. We all got super pumped on this new direction and began full pre-production.. GypsyLord's first playable protoype came into design playtest in early July- and we had her marquee charge punch ability day one.

When I first saw this thread a month ago, I was amazed at the coincidence! Kudos to you Izabelle for your creativity.

Hope you all enjoy punching people in the face with Vi.
I'd love to see some of the early concept work for her. Actually, I'd like to see all of her process TBH. I think it's awesome to have come so close to an actual champion concept already in the gun -- and I can not wait to play her.

I made Quinn because honestly -- I wanted this character to exist to play as. So to me, this is just way too awesome. I get to play the character I thought of -- even if I didn't think of her first, lol.

Shin0bu

12-06-2012

I love how Vi looks so much like Quinn, congrats for inspiring Riot to create my new favourite champ

Ryceman

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabro View Post
firstly, i'm a fan of your work here izabelle! Very fun and creative stuff here!

Wanted to chime in here on vi, a bit since people are curious about the coincidence. For the official record, it takes us anywhere from 4-6 months to concept and produce a lol champ.

In vi's case, she's been aeound in various forms for two years. At one point she was a steam-punk capoeira fighter with dreads and robot legs- which sounds way cooler than our drawings for her!

a year ago we started exploring a girl with bad ass metal/tech gauntlets but we couldn't find a way to make her compelling. We were running into challenges with shyvana overlap, as well as struggling to define who she was as a person. Sometime around this past june, one of our champ concept artists took another crack at her- and came up with the punky ex-criminal persona. We all got super pumped on this new direction and began full pre-production.. Gypsylord's first playable protoype came into design playtest in early july- and we had her marquee charge punch ability day one.

When i first saw this thread a month ago, i was amazed at the coincidence! Kudos to you izabelle for your creativity.

Hope you all enjoy punching people in the face with vi.
what y u no steampunk