@RIOT: How to discourage AFK and get people wanting to not leave the game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jiayou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Why give rewards?

Make the punishment more harsh.

youmadbroimnasty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

wards aren't that big of a reward but i would love ip or rp boost over anything i agree with this idea

youmadbroimnasty

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiou View Post
Why give rewards?

because people just make smurfs when they get banned and they end up having 3 lvl 30's so they don't care about bans

Aerinx

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiou View Post
Why give rewards?

What punish? You can't punish something you can not know it was intentional without a big margin, just like the leaverbuster system does. Leaverbuster will never be much more restrictive and never should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youmadbroimnasty View Post
wards aren't that big of a reward but i would love ip or rp boost over anything i agree with this idea
That will not work, you need something that can be awarded and taken away, unlocked and locked back. You need something aesthetic that doesn't impact the gameplay. Plus ip is meaningless once you have enough games under your account and have veteran status and rp is never gonna happen, RIOT makes their money that way.

Caedis

12-06-2012

As long as the ward skins are exclusive, I think that with an accompanying 1-day IP boost or so would do wonders.

Aerinx

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikôstre View Post
As long as the ward skins are exclusive, I think that with an accompanying 1-day IP boost or so would do wonders.
Of course, the skins should be exclusive.

Intent

12-07-2012

supported

Fallen Virtue

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerinx View Post
Do you think ward skins is not something people want? Or do you think it would not be enough?
An IP boost would probably be the better option here. I would rather myself have an IP boost over a ward skin. I don't stare at my own wards long enough to make them worth while to me.

I mean if we really wanted to stop AFKs you could also add an IP gain penalty to AFKing. So after X% of games AFK'd in your recent games you receive a % reduction for your next 10 or so games. The reduction and number of games go up if your ratio of AFKing doesn't go down.

And of course you'll still get banned if you AFK continually.

MigeruX

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerinx View Post
Do you think ward skins is not something people want? Or do you think it would not be enough?
Aren't enough

Gage

12-08-2012

Honor could give Ward Skins and not going AFK for X many games can give mini-boosts.