[CHALLENGE] Write a League/Touhou crossover

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BarcIay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-05-2012

Hey guys, just as a bump from the original writer, I want to clarify a few things that I may have left unsaid.

When I said to expect it by sunday, I meant *a full, written work* finished and completed by then, but I'll never be able to do that without people supporting it. I won't write if people don't want to read my work. I'm a LoL player and Touhou fan first, and writer second.

That said, leave feedback! I'm not taking this super seriously, in fact, I'm not quite sure where I am going to take this fanfic or how it might end. If you don't like something about it, or feel it could be better, let me know!

Yousonerfed

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormNehalem View Post
Chapter 1.

“Hey, wait up!” shouted Kallistra, a novice summoner, the latest summoner to be accepted into the League of Legends at that. Still new to the summoner’s annual celebrations, she didn’t want to be late to The Signings, a ceremony in which The League celebrates all the connections forged between Champions and Summoners in the heat of battle.

Most matches that take place are for show nowadays, a main sport of entertainment, but even for show matches can display exceptional and outstanding feats of valor (on the Champions part) and amazing strategic skills (on the Summoners part). Such was a connection forged between Summoner Bob, who attained the rank of “Guardsman,” and Udyr, way back when sections of Ionia were under Noxian control. The two have been drinking buddies ever since.

“Well then don’t be so slow!” shouted back Miles, a more senior and well versed summoner. The two met during Kallistra’s Summoner Trials, the final test for a Summoner to be truly accepted into The League. Miles was overseeing the exams, making sure no one was cheating. Reaching a rating of 1657, Miles wasn’t considered the best, but being a mid-range Gold tier summoner, he was allowed certain privileges and was given certain duties.

“I heard that every champion and nearly every summoner will be there. Its one of core principles for The League of Legends. It reminds us of our duty, and why The League was created in the first place. We’ve made long ways from its original creation, we can’t go back to the old ways of the Rune Wars,” Miles said contemplatively, stopping right outside the entryway to the Hall of Justice’s Central Garden, one of the largest areas of the Hall of Justice. Here, champions relax in their spare time, but its also more common than not that major celebrations and events are observed there.

“Every champion?! Even Leona?” Kallistra asks, out of breath and panting. Miles looks at her with an exasperated expression. “Yes, even Leona, but I don’t see what your obsession is with her. She’s not even that good of a jungler,” Miles scoffs back. All he can think about is the jungle. “She isn’t meant to be played in the jungle! She’s a very tanky front line support, who you could also probably play solo top if you tried hard enough....” “Shyvana still outclasses her in everyway.” “Oh I bet you’d like to get in Shyvana’s jungle, wouldn’t you.”

Miles turns instantly red, going to face one of four large, exquisite doorways that lead to the Central Garden. As they enter, the see tables circling the perimeter of the garden, with food from all over Runeterra. Fresh fish from Bligewater. Cooked and freshly seared Yeti meat from Freljord, something that Willump was *extremely* unhappy about, yet he was assured by the supposed fact that the yetis on serve were lined up for execution anyways. Exquisite animals from both Ionia and Noxus, and even cooked rats from Zaun, something that Renekton kept his distance from. He had too many rats when he first arrived in Runeterra, after the mistake that sent both him and Nasus, his now mortal enemy, to the Institute of War in the first place.

The entire place is well decorated, lights strung all about, with a general festive theme. Despite this being a very solemn event, the atmosphere is very relaxed. Champions stand about talking to Summoners, Bob and Udyr drinking in the corner. Nunu jumping up and down on Willump’s shoulders, happily chatting away with General OddOne. Elise is busy leading a sermon, all who want to hear her just need to stand by her. Wickd gawks over Irelia. Nidalee hitting on HotShot. Mutters something about ‘Mating season.’ HotShot turns red.

“Wow! This is unlike anything I’ve ever seen before!” exclaims Kallistra, taking in all the new surroundings. “I’ve seen champions before in the Hall of Justice, but not all of them together in this one spot!”

Miles chuckles, rubbing his eyes. This is his first Signings celebration as well, he didn’t achieve a rating before the new season came in, despite showing extreme promise in the lower tier entertainment matches. “Please, have some self-restraint. Granted, you’re new, but at the same time, not everyone is acting as you are.” Of course, Kallistra barely pays attention to him, circling around all the tables, trying just a little bit of every food for herself. Being a Piltover native, she didn’t get to experience much cuisine from other city-states, as Piltover is heavily regulated by bureaucrats.

After a while, a man taps a microphone in the center of the Central Garden.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, Summoners and Champions, I am Bertrand Wordsworth, keeper of history in the Arcanum Majoris. As you all know, this is a very special event, more so than others. This is where we observe and remember the dark and terrible history of Runeterra, and thank all the champions who have joined The League of Legends.” He coughs, pulling out a handkerchief, wiping some liquid away from his lips. “As you all know, the Summoning Ritual is not something that we use lightly. It forces a being to come to us, and we request their participation in the League of Legends. It is not something that we use everyday, and there is no room for irresponsibilities. Such befell the fate of Istvaan, one of our oldest summoners.”

Fiddlesticks chuckles, standing alone in the corner next to a Nexus shard, in which only a swirling darkness churns in turmoil.

“However, we believe we have made contact with what....could potentially be the strongest being in the universe, potentially....eclipsing any single person on Runeterra, or even a group of people.” The gathered crowd falls silent. The single strongest known being in the universe? Some eyes dart to the nexus shard in the corner, others at Anivia. Some people glance over at Syndra, too scared to stare at her for too long. Karthus is no exception, everyone knows what would happen if he started singing for an extended period of time.

“We will attempt to make contact with this being by summoning them to Runeterra, and ask them to join the Institute of War.” Immediately the crowd yells in objections, the voices of more than 200 people talking at once. The acting High Councilor (following Reginald Ashram’s disappearance) puts up a single hand, the crowd quieting down.

“We realize that this is a very risky move, which is why we have chosen to do it on this day, with all of us here assembled. We are more than sure that with 107 well seasoned Champions, and even more Summoners, as well as the entirety of the High Council, we will be able to contain any threat that comes our way.”

With little further wait, the highest and most powerful of the assembled summoners there begin to chant the Summoning ritual, being sure to set up a magical barrier of the strongest magnitude. Cries come out from the crowd, but they silence as the ritual goes on and onwards.

Suddenly, the entire Central Garden cracks open as an endless purple expanse collapses on its ceiling. The summoning ritual instantly stops, and every champion and summoner prepares for the worst. Suddenly, a countless amount of eyes open up in the expanse, shrieks of horror and terror emanate from the crowd. In the madness, Nocturne breaks loose from his shard, darting off into the expanse.

A young looking girl, dressed in traditional looking white robes with purple accents, drifts slowly down to the gathered crowd. Within moments, two more creatures appear, one with thick, yellow tails and another with two thin brown ones.

As the crowd below silences and hushes down, the young girl with godly and astronomical powers only mutters a single line.

“So the outside world has decided to declare war on us. But don't worry, we'll take this kindness and repay it in turn."

Feedback is highly appreciated!
Ooh, Yukari sounds like she's going to enjoy this.

You have my support, man.

As for suggestions, I was more thinking of a situation where the Touhou girls ACCIDENTALLY get warped to Runeterra. Yours works, though.

Try not to make the Gensokyo girls too god-like, though. Yukari alone can be at that level of power, but I say that the others should have limits. For instance, Sakuya would not be able to stop time while in Runeterra, but at most slow or accelerate it (I'd chalk it up to the League disqualifying her if she used time-stopping).

BarcIay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yousogreat View Post
Ooh, Yukari sounds like she's going to enjoy this.

You have my support, man.

As for suggestions, I was more thinking of a situation where the Touhou girls ACCIDENTALLY get warped to Runeterra. Yours works, though.

Try not to make the Gensokyo girls too god-like, though. Yukari alone can be at that level of power, but I say that the others should have limits. For instance, Sakuya would not be able to stop time while in Runeterra, but at most slow or accelerate it (I'd chalk it up to the League disqualifying her if she used time-stopping).
Suggestion taken in, thank you. And Yukari can get away with being a god because, well, she's Yukari.

Makes me wonder though how Alice would work with League mechanics. She'd probably fit better in DotA because there you can control multiple units. Meaning, Alice stays back in the fountain while France and London and Shanghai and Hourai run around the map attacking everything.

Expect Chapter 2 sometime today. Chapter 2 will focus away from LoL mainly and will be a bit more about Touhou. The reason Ch1 was so focused heavily on LoL was because I had to set a stage for them. Now that we have our stage, we can begin to work further and deeper into this. The last time Yukari invaded somewhere was when she invaded the moon. And we all know how that turned out.

Yousonerfed

12-06-2012

Quote:
Suggestion taken in, thank you. And Yukari can get away with being a god because, well, she's Yukari.

Makes me wonder though how Alice would work with League mechanics. She'd probably fit better in DotA because there you can control multiple units. Meaning, Alice stays back in the fountain while France and London and Shanghai and Hourai run around the map attacking everything.

Expect Chapter 2 sometime today. Chapter 2 will focus away from LoL mainly and will be a bit more about Touhou. The reason Ch1 was so focused heavily on LoL was because I had to set a stage for them. Now that we have our stage, we can begin to work further and deeper into this. The last time Yukari invaded somewhere was when she invaded the moon. And we all know how that turned out.
Alice would have to have limited range in which she can control her dolls.

BarcIay

Recruiter

12-06-2012

Ran into a small writers block as what what I should do with Ran (see what I did there?) but, rest assured, Almost all of the Gensokyo girls are well on their way to Runeterra!

Yousonerfed

12-07-2012

Quote:
Ran into a small writers block as what what I should do with Ran (see what I did there?) but, rest assured, Almost all of the Gensokyo girls are well on their way to Runeterra!
All of them? That seems like a little much, no?

Well, at least include Reimu, Marisa, Sakuya, Sanae, Alice, Cirno, etc.

BarcIay

Recruiter

12-07-2012

The current line up is

Yakumo Girls Clan - 3 Characters

House of Eternity Clan - 6 Characters (Kaguya, Eirin, Reisen, Tewi, Mokou, Keine, but I doubt Tewi and Keine will serve *serious* roles. But they'll make an appearance somewhere)

Scarlet Devil Mansion Clan - 5 Characters (Not including Flandre in there on purpose)

Mainstream Characters Clan - Reimu, Marisa, Alice.

Team 9 - Eye am teh strongest. But I doubt they'll do anything significant story wise.

Netherworld Dwellers - 2 Characters (Yuyuko and Youmu)

Moriya Shrine Clan - 3 Characters (Suwako, Sanae, Kanako)

The protagonists here are going to be just Yukari, Reimu, Yuyuko, Marisa, and Alice....but I won't give any specifics as to who will do what :O

Azumagi

02-26-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3168002

Not the author of the story but it looks like there is a crossover with Touhou, LoL, Madoka Magica and more in the works. It sounds strange, but it's interesting..

Magister Gir

02-26-2013

honestly what is Touhou >> because we have a lux referance skin for it which I honestly just thought was a silly looking skin. If you do a cross over at least make sure everyone knows what it is like maybe a link to what the hell Touhou is for people like myself who have NO CLUE as to what it is. Is it a game? Is it a Anime? Is it some random bunch of characters that fans write stuff about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yousogreat View Post
League would probably employ nerfs to the Touhou girls. For instance, Sakuya's time stopping powers would be severely restrained.
and then this right here is a bit of a downer to me to actually read it when even Zilean can't stop time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasako View Post
Watch all the League champions get their asses handed to them.
that makes me want to never read it.

edit. Just read the story posted. Really?! "You've summoned me to a grand ball. Must declare war on you now thank!" I just got so confused, so furious that THAT was how this story starts. I even skipped through almost the whole thing because of how you integrated certain people into the story, especially Nidalee and hotshotgg Mr. Throwsalot, yes Nidalee born and raised in the jungle with the concept of only the strong survive and Hotshot is defintely not the strongest nor worthiest but she's going to be hitting on him like no tomorrow. Also the way that story was written just turned this whole concept off for me as well as the comments and that "motivational" post on page one... how is that motivating at all?.... alright I'm done now *currently awaits next ch. now to see if ANYTHING was changed*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovert10 View Post
Touhou is a brutal Japanesse 2D bulletstorm game that has pretty much created a fandom worldwide. Pretty much just google Touhou and read the wikis for more info.
http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Touhou_Wiki

But... Touhou would kick the League's ass in a heartbeat.

Pretty much the characters have "danmaku/spellcard" rules just so they don't essentially just nuke each other. Seriously, there's even a character focused on nuclear fusion and creating suns in her hand. And everybody else is pratically on equal footing or even more powerful (aka Gods both metaphorical and real ones).

- stop time
- control fate itself
- Eternity powers (immortality and spacial maniuplation)
and the list goes on...

There would be no point in joining.
Join the League? More like just screw that and take over/destroy Valoran, Shadow Isles, Void, etc...

The first chapter wrote here is base on Yukari which her abilities focus on gap and border manipulation. She can open holes anywhere and everywhere to do whatever the hell she wants.
She isn't the absolute most powerful but she's definately up on equal footing there on the top of Touhou "power tree".
^ this guy. This guy is awesome, he literally just said everything that I hate about this cross over. If you're going to do a cross over do it correctly where people are on equal footing, have the same, or at least new abilities, and just won't utterly single handly DESTROY the other side. Now some OC's are like this as well "dragon of desolation" for example which I won't go into but really if you want to do a cross over do something like the freaking X-men or hell even the Avengers and dare I say ever so say it TMNT would even be a better cross over and I mean old school TMNT actual comic book one, even though I know nothing of it! Why do I mention these though, because they can all be on equal footing with the champions we have as of now. Don't do a DC cross over though because Superman is freaking God, Batman never loses and always has a plan, and you have a man who can jjust use his Will Power to conjure a nuclear warhead.

ps: Thank you Rovert.

Rovert10

02-27-2013

Touhou is a brutal Japanesse 2D bulletstorm game that has pretty much created a fandom worldwide. Pretty much just google Touhou and read the wikis for more info.
http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Touhou_Wiki

But... Touhou would kick the League's ass in a heartbeat.

Pretty much the characters have "danmaku/spellcard" rules just so they don't essentially just nuke each other. Seriously, there's even a character focused on nuclear fusion and creating suns in her hand. And everybody else is pratically on equal footing or even more powerful (aka Gods both metaphorical and real ones).

- stop time
- control fate itself
- Eternity powers (immortality and spacial maniuplation)
and the list goes on...

There would be no point in joining.
Join the League? More like just screw that and take over/destroy Valoran, Shadow Isles, Void, etc...

The first chapter wrote here is base on Yukari which her abilities focus on gap and border manipulation. She can open holes anywhere and everywhere to do whatever the hell she wants.
She isn't the absolute most powerful but she's definately up on equal footing there on the top of Touhou "power tree".