Surrendering needs to be changed to 3/2

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SouthSideBumper

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrooveTrain View Post
Hypothetically, I am a member of your team. I'm sorry, how is it my fault that you are not enjoying yourself? "Surrender at 20" should NEVER be something you count on (of course its an option, but you don't control other people and the decision over whether or not to surrender is ALWAYS out of your hands). Play to win or don't play, you're only wasting everyone's time if you don't.

Games of SR can last upwards of 40 minutes to an hour or more. You know IN ADVANCE that leavers and AFK's are a possibility. Why are you complaining? If you aren't planning for these contingencies and adjusting accordingly, you are the only person responsible for your resulting level of enjoyment of the game.
I shouldn't HAVE to plan around these issues, that's the thing.

Dregen

12-06-2012

No, no no. no, NO.

It is already way too easy to surrender winnable games already. People just have no idea how to play from behind, and aren't willing to learn.

GrooveTrain

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenphantom91 View Post
I shouldn't HAVE to plan around these issues, that's the thing.
Well that's the thing, you always have the option of playing another game. So no, you do not HAVE to plan around these issues. However you are looking at this the wrong way and you are only limiting yourself by doing so.

Lets take another subject: Driving. Other drivers can make boneheaded mistakes, and those mistakes can get me killed. We may put rules in place to counteract that, but come on. Realistically laws do NOTHING to keep us safe. Driving requires YOU as the individual getting into YOUR automobile to be aware of the fact that millions of things can go wrong that are out of your control, and YOU have to be able to react to that appropriately in order to stay alive. Speaking completely objectively, BOTH parties are ALWAYS at fault in any auto accident; the crash-er should have been driving better, the crash-ee should have been more "map aware" to better avoid it (PROPER WARDING HELPS IN DRIVING).

Whether or not you should or shouldn't have to is subjective and irrelevant. This is the reality: People CAN and DO do things that I DO NOT LIKE.

By making the change suggested in this thread, Riot would be essentially ensuring that 50% of ALL games of league of legends never make it to the nexus.

No, realistically, you need to stop thinking about how you WANT things to be, and start thinking about how they ARE. Then, adjust accordingly. Statistics drive your life more than you could ever possibly realize. Science can't even agree on whether or not we even have free will.

PrisonerOne

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dregen54321 View Post
No, no no. no, NO.
People just have no idea how to play from behind, and aren't willing to learn.
Pretty much this.

TheSnuke

12-07-2012

No.

SouthSideBumper

12-07-2012

Look, I'm not saying this just because I want to surrender a game as soon as it goes downhill. I've stayed in my fair share of bad games to come out with a win. But sometimes after playing with teh same tema who has just made 40 minutes of bad plays, constantly going in to fights 2v5, 3v5, and dont target the right people in teamfights, it just gets annoying.

Kovaris

12-07-2012

Honestly I would say half the time I'm on the "no" side of a 3/2 surrender vote we come back and win. People imo are to quick to surrender in league. If you get down on everyone and say stuff like "This game is over why don't you just surrender?" or be a tool and afk in the well, You're not helping, you're just making things worse (Although I will add that an afk should be registered as an automatic yes for a surrender vote.). One good team fight can turn around just about any game of League, and all you need for that is teammates who are still willing to try, even if they think they might lose. If you guys get into 2 or 3 team fights and get stomped again, people will usually change their minds and agree to surrender anyway. But unless it's a lost cause completely there's no reason to surrender before the 30 minute mark imo. Give it the extra 10 minutes, and something awesome may happen. Those are the best games to win.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-07-2012

If more than one player thinks the game is winnable, I don't have a problem with Riot giving them the benefit of the doubt.

QRSx

12-07-2012

Quote:
Lets take another subject: Driving. Other drivers can make boneheaded mistakes, and those mistakes can get me killed. We may put rules in place to counteract that, but come on. Realistically laws do NOTHING to keep us safe. Driving requires YOU as the individual getting into YOUR automobile to be aware of the fact that millions of things can go wrong that are out of your control, and YOU have to be able to react to that appropriately in order to stay alive. Speaking completely objectively, BOTH parties are ALWAYS at fault in any auto accident; the crash-er should have been driving better, the crash-ee should have been more "map aware" to better avoid it (PROPER WARDING HELPS IN DRIVING).
so its a womans fault when she gets raped and we should not have any additional (or modify any) policies to deter or sublimate rape/murder/etc. because "that's the way things are" and we should just plan to live like that.
how did laws ever get created.
poor counter-example.

EUniqe

12-07-2012

i disagree. If you can decide a majority surrender based on a 3/2 majority, that gives the one player Who changes it from 2/2 to 3/2 huge power and control over the future of the game and negates the entire vote as a team function. I've played many, many games that have seen a few 3/2's, yet we have then gone on to win. I don't think the entire team should suffer as a result of one player's pessimism.