Are people in normal games nice to new players?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aznskillz1

12-06-2012

I just started playing a few days ago, and have been trying to learn the basics from playing against beginner ai, but it's been getting kind of boring since I'm guaranteed to win.

I've been thinking about starting to play in normal games, but I'm not sure that people will be helpful/supportive as opposed to just raging at me for being bad.

Another option would be to try intermediate ai games, but I've heard that they may not be very good for learning how to play pvp.

What do you guys think?

Kill3dyou81

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznskillz1 View Post
I just started playing a few days ago, and have been trying to learn the basics from playing against beginner ai, but it's been getting kind of boring since I'm guaranteed to win.

I've been thinking about starting to play in normal games, but I'm not sure that people will be helpful/supportive as opposed to just raging at me for being bad.

Another option would be to try intermediate ai games, but I've heard that they may not be very good for learning how to play pvp.

What do you guys think?

some people are nice to new people as long as you dont feed and feeding is dying alot of times and having not alot of kills
but some people are mean no matter what!!!!! So just look out for those people and report them right away!
D

Tadrage

12-06-2012

I started playing this weekend. I haven't played a single AI game outside of the tutorial. MOST people are really nice or you will have a strong leader of the team. They will make suggestions and direct us where to go. Some players can be pretty rude but I honestly don't see it too often. My biggest complaint as a low leveler is when I get two or more players that just won't work together. The end result is they are picked off. They will start to feed the team even on accident.

Most of the negative comments are players complaining of 'kill steals.' Kill steals don't bother me in the slightest. One of my strongest games I played this afternoon and I had 15 assists. Didn't bother me at all because we worked together and we won.

Just do your best and don't worry if you are too aggressive and end up dying. We all make mistakes and it won't be game breaking.

GON the Mage Guy

12-06-2012

Gamers are gamers, fortunately and unfortunately. Some are good, others are bad.

If people are superjerks, mute them by hitting Tab and click the bubble on the right side of the box, and report afterwards.

Your best bet is to add people from around these forums and not play alone. The game is always better with people you're pretty sure won't tear your head off if you make a mistake. There's also plenty of us that will add you that are higher level. I'm one of those, but I believe in baptism by fire, so I'll give advice on the fly, and you'll learn your mistakes the hard way.

aznskillz1

12-06-2012

Gon, I sent you a friend request. I'd be happy to learn from you.

Anyone else that wouldn't mind teaching a new player, please let me know

Thanks all for the advice.

GON the Mage Guy

12-06-2012

When I log in sometime later tonight, I'll accept.

Scoteecopter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Well it is the internet, so people love to act like ******bags. However, in normal games you are grouped with players of similar level as you so more than likely you are with players who are just starting out (or starting a new account). Generally people tend to be more understanding at this level and freak out a lot less if you don't play that well. I mean, if you run into a 5v1 situation and die, you may get yelled at. But overall I find people tend to be relatively helpful at that level. Just keep in mind there are ******bags on the internet, and when you run into them don't take it personally. You are new to this game and to expect perfect play from you is just silly.

SmashleyNom

12-06-2012

I played with some friends of mine who knew what they were doing. In fact, one of them was in the same room as me and guiding me through it. I'm TERRIBLE at the moment, but when things started looking bad for me, instead of raging, they just told me to stay out of the way and kill some minions or jungle somewhere to level up while they did the hard work, and they'd tell me if they needed my help. It helps to play with good friends

FearOfTheFlesh

12-06-2012

If you are looking for an honest answer most of them don't say much but of those that talk you will probably see more negative than positive. The community has a lot of ragers, short-tempered, and uncaring players to go around that you will probably run into many. This is sadly why more and more players these days do coop vs ai to farm ip and occassionally either just do ranked for an elo or duo que.

A great community with a very positive set of players though is lowelo. They have several chat rooms at lowelo, lowelo2 etc and have a supported by riot and featured podcast. They take anyone basically and play gmaes together prioritizing attitude over wins/losses. I am sure there are others but I know its one of the largest.

Thats my honest opinion of where things are. Gladly though the tribunal seems harsh enough its forcing some of the more rotten apples to be quiet during games.

ReMeDyIII

12-06-2012

Nearly every random I play, someone is raging. What's worse, even if you play well, some of these ragers live in the moment, meaning even if your score is outstanding, they still rage you if they see bad play.

Example: I was Pantheon. I became "godly" very quick, up 8/2/3 at the ~25 min mark. I was carrying my team with awesome ganks top, great gank bot, and a great gank mid. Xerath (the rager) was mid and kept questioning why I wasn't ULT'ing mid to take advantage of his stuns (as if my ULT CD is short!). I also made one bad play where I got caught in river. Xerath was quick to pick up on this and criticize. Throughout the entire team, he was on my case, even though I remained quiet. I eventually just muted him.

I find playing as Shen is the worst, because a lot of ragers assume you will save them low on health and join in on every team fight. Again, the ragers falsely assume my ULT grows on trees.

So morale of the story: Nothing you do or say will appease ragers. Your best bet is to mute them.