Facts behind the Tribunal (A guide with math)!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS117be18cb36375cb53365

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pyrenees View Post
Finally you admit you did wrong in that game lol. It took hours for you to admit this but admitting you have a problem is the first step my friend. You are well on your way to becoming a positive force in our community. I believe in you!

PS remember we did not get to see every game you were reported in, only a select few. The fact that you admit to being guilty in one case shows that you deserved the punishment.
I find it quite hilarious how you are still going "finally you admit".
I know I did something small wrong in there, but it does not change the fact that three of those warnings had nothing bad in them.

Artemis Enterori

12-06-2012

Wow. To be honest half of the games I play I see someone who does worse than mekachikiku. So 98% of players never face the tribunal? I see this kind of behavior (and much worse) very often, and I do report these people... Also, could someone get a perma ban for that? I mean, yes, he did it often and after receiving warnings, but he would get a perma ban just for saying bad words?

Also, sorry to pop your ballon but the tribunal system can not be 100% accurate and has to have some flaws. 20% pardon doesn't mean innocents are pardonned...

IS117be18cb36375cb53365

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis Enterori View Post
Wow. To be honest half of the games I play I see someone who does worse than mekachikiku. So 98% of players never face the tribunal? I see this kind of behavior (and much worse) very often, and I do report these people... Also, could someone get a perma ban for that? I mean, yes, he did it often and after receiving warnings, but he would get a perma ban just for saying bad words?

Also, sorry to pop your ballon but the tribunal system can not be 100% accurate and has to have some flaws. 20% pardon doesn't mean innocents are pardonned...
See? Somebody gets it.

E: Also, let's add that most likely like 80% of the "intentionally feeding" reports are actually reports that should have been classified as "unskilled player". The Tribunal doesn't exactly work like you think it does.

fuzzyjon

12-06-2012

Quote:
I would just like to share this with you guys. Yesterday I logged into my Justice review and 9 of my 20 cases from the previous day got Permabanned! lol wow what a record! It took me weeks just to get 1 permaban and now 9 in a single day. I feel on top of the world knowing LoL is better today and getting better all the time! Stay thirsty my friends =)

You are happy people got their accounts banned because they probably feel things in a more resonating way than you do. Speak in a way you may not like even though there is a chat ignore function in the game. This is a competitive game pushing the best up and the worst down. Please stop trying to get perma-bans on focus on doing the right thing by punishing people who truly deserve it like people who harass an individual very badly, or bring in extremly hateful statements

Artemis Enterori

12-06-2012

Quote:
Also, let's add that most likely like 80% of the "intentionally feeding" reports are actually reports that should have been classified as "unskilled player". The Tribunal doesn't exactly work like you think it does.
Yes, I do not doubt it is true... This brought a question to my mind... Can you get banned for being reported as ''unskilled player''?

Great Pyrenees

12-06-2012

Quote:

You are correct. In my 6 months of researching the tribunal there was 1 innocent person who got a warning. Lyte personally took action and corrected the mistake. So if 1 in 240k cases is not 100% its 99.999999999.

I am sorry to hear that you see verbal abuse in most of your games. Verbal abuse is a bannable offense and I reccomend reporting them after the game. You seem to not have a problem with this so I doubt you will help out your community by doing the right thing. Yes he will get a permaban for saying bad words if he does not improve his behavior. Riot just permabanned a Professional player for foul language, do you think they wont do it to a average player?

Great Pyrenees

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyjon View Post
You are happy people got their accounts banned because they probably feel things in a more resonating way than you do. Speak in a way you may not like even though there is a chat ignore function in the game. This is a competitive game pushing the best up and the worst down. Please stop trying to get perma-bans on focus on doing the right thing by punishing people who truly deserve it like people who harass an individual very badly, or bring in extremly hateful statements
Dont try to bring emotions or empathy into the tribunal. There is a summoners code period. To play their free game you have to sign a EULA to follow the summoners code. Verbal abuse and harrasment are against the summoners code no matter how you candy coat their intentions. Listen I do no get a reward for doing cases so when I see someone get permabanned I feel GREAT! That is my reward knowing that my little niece can play beginner bots without 50 obscenities being thrown at her every game. The LoL community is a better place because of the tribunal period.

Great Pyrenees

12-06-2012

Quote:
Yes, I do not doubt it is true... This brought a question to my mind... Can you get banned for being reported as ''unskilled player''?
After 6 months of research I have NEVER seen anyone banned for being a unskilled player. Now i have seen someone get a warning for cursing, a time ban for harrasement, a time ban for failure to communicate and a perma ban for helping the enemy team. You could argue that this person was a unskilled player couldnt you =). Do not worry about the innocent ones they will face the tribunal 1 time, get a warning at the worst and never face it again. My point being you have to REALLY try in order to get a permaban. If you looked at my stats you would see that a person who gets a permaban ruins the games of almost 12k people.

Great Pyrenees

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekachikiku View Post
See? Somebody gets it.

E: Also, let's add that most likely like 80% of the "intentionally feeding" reports are actually reports that should have been classified as "unskilled player". The Tribunal doesn't exactly work like you think it does.
This will be the last post in reference to your case. Do you judge tribunal cases? No you do not, so I think I know a little bit more about how the system works than you do. I urge you to take a break from pvp, play maybe 100 bot games and help some new players out with your knowledge. Make some friends and give your cases some space so the percentage against you can even out.

IS117be18cb36375cb53365

12-06-2012

Quote:
Do you judge tribunal cases? No you do not, so I think I know a little bit more about how the system works than you do.
That's like saying "Do you go to McDonalds every day? No you do not, so I think I know a little bit more how the burgers are made than you do."

You don't need to know how the system works to punish people in the Tribunal.
You don't need to know how the burgers are made to eat that stuff.

You know what you're told. Are you being told the absolute truth?