Do you like these ideas?

Yes 20 46.51%
No 13 30.23%
I like Most 6 13.95%
I like part. 4 9.30%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Thoughts on Elo/Ranked.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MacaroniPenguin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighJew View Post
My team won the last game I played last night. I was the only one who had more kills than deaths on my team (18/17/16), barely. The other team had 3 opponents with twice as many kills as deaths. According to you solution, the enemy who lost would of gained in elo while the winning team loses elo. Sorry, but your solution does not work for team games where winning the game depends more than just kills and assists.
First off, your ignoring assists completely, also, sounds like 2 members of their team drug them down and cost them the loss, so yes, I do think they should be punished while the 3 that did well should be rewarded.

Also no system is perfect, however I think it would help.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MileHighJew

Senior Member

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacaroniPenguin View Post
First off, your ignoring assists completely, also, sounds like 2 members of their team drug them down and cost them the loss, so yes, I do think they should be punished while the 3 that did well should be rewarded.

Also no system is perfect, however I think it would help.
How am I ignoring assists? If my team mates don't have the kills, no one else is going to get the assists off the non-kills. Your logic doesn't make any sense.

My point is that team work wins games, not kills and assists. My match proves that point. Prove me wrong.

I don't like being on teams when you have a team mate who just cares about kills and assists instead of winning the game. That person should not have his/her elo go up as you suggest because they stole a bunch of kills while some champion like Sona does a lot of healing but dies alot loses elo.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MacaroniPenguin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighJew View Post
How am I ignoring assists? If my team mates don't have the kills, no one else is going to get the assists off the non-kills. Your logic doesn't make any sense.

My point is that team work wins games, not kills and assists. My match proves that point. Prove me wrong.

I don't like being on teams when you have a team mate who just cares about kills and assists instead of winning the game. That person should not have his/her elo go up as you suggest because they stole a bunch of kills while some champion like Sona does a lot of healing but dies alot loses elo.
Please read the earlier posts, I have already talked about the assists trying to steal kills ect.

Secondly, on the assists point, if you have 16 assists, then someone on your team has kills, also if you have 18 kills and your team is helping, then they should have assists.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

P BoXx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

12-06-2012

Not bad.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Atomicnick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

12-06-2012

Why hasn't this been done years ago? People should get rewarded for doing well, not punished for having angry little brats on their team 3 out of 5 games.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sev322

Member

12-06-2012

BUMP, if Riot actually can asjust the elo system slightly to accomodate just a tenth of the players who do well consistently then they are doing something right.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PvtBonum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

12-06-2012

Discuss it all we want, this will not get picked up. If a system is to be put in place to reward players for doing better it will more complicated then what you are suggesting. Which is one of the main reasons I do not believe it will happen. People have been suggesting new ideas for ELO for some time and riot is perfectly content to stay as is.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrooveTrain

Member

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacaroniPenguin View Post
That is my intent, that is the problem with using elo, as it is designed for 2 player games such as Chess where it is 1v1, not team games.
What are you talking about? Elo has been successfully adapted for team games and sports for years.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LogicalTautology

Senior Member

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
Elo rating is a measure of how good you are at winning matches.

Your system gives Elo weight to something other than winning matches, thereby making Elo less accurate.
Someone give this man a medal.

Anyways, to add to what he said: your teammates are drawn from the same pool of random players as your opponents. If you go 10/0/15 every game but are losing most games, then you are a much worse player than the guy going 0/7/4 that wins most games. There is really no debate at all possible about that.

Look at it this way. You say that a team that wins has a good kda so getting kills and assists is the best way of measuring performance. It's pretty easy to see that if KDA actually was the best way of measuring performance, this whole thread would be unnecessary: people with good KDA would already rise while people with bad KDA would fall. The mere point that you think that players with good KDA shouldn't get stuck at a lower Elo proves beyond any doubt that their KDA is not contributing strongly to their team's chance of winning.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MacaroniPenguin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrooveTrain View Post
What are you talking about? Elo has been successfully adapted for team games and sports for years.
With teams you know and agree to be with ahead of time, not random teamates.