Preseason 3 Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

amsteroner

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

im sorry if im the only person who feels this way but i have quit playing because of this latest patch and i feel it ruined the game entirely... why buff support's and nerf carries? it just doesn't make any sense... not to mention tanks did not need a buff but they got one... even the 4 ppl buffed in the patch were already the strongest champs out there... it almost seems like your trying to stop us from playing, well you succeeded with me... i had been playing since the game came out and even before that on my ipod touch with the tower defense game were you create the defensive pathing with your champs (towers), not to mention some older patches were annoying to tolerate but this one just pushed me over the edge. i thought you would lose about half of your players but a lot of these people seem happy so i guess right on.... ill just go wallow in depression until another game with the brilliance of how this game started arises and then maybe ill be somewhat satisfied...

Hitsugasha taich

12-06-2012

i dont like the new lol
everybody gets feeds
and the new items are extremly op

Hitsugasha taich

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsteroner View Post
im sorry if im the only person who feels this way but i have quit playing because of this latest patch and i feel it ruined the game entirely... why buff support's and nerf carries? it just doesn't make any sense... not to mention tanks did not need a buff but they got one... even the 4 ppl buffed in the patch were already the strongest champs out there... it almost seems like your trying to stop us from playing, well you succeeded with me... i had been playing since the game came out and even before that on my ipod touch with the tower defense game were you create the defensive pathing with your champs (towers), not to mention some older patches were annoying to tolerate but this one just pushed me over the edge. i thought you would lose about half of your players but a lot of these people seem happy so i guess right on.... ill just go wallow in depression until another game with the brilliance of how this game started arises and then maybe ill be somewhat satisfied...
i feel the same way

GangNami Style

12-06-2012

ohnoes ...change..I fear change! I am incapable of learning and adjusting to new ideas!

Sorry just summing up the posts on this page.

PoweredByZeph

12-06-2012

I feel this is the worst patch by far. the new interface looks ugly, items are weird and op. riot completely destroyed the game.

TheFool35

12-06-2012

Naturally people are abusing new items. A perfect example would be Teemo. Always builds the new mask item gives 10% of base health dammage on shrooms. Now that oracle is only 5 mins no one wants to clear shrooms because it's a waste of money.

Riot will realize things like this and fix it. It's just a matter of time.

People will get used to the interface, so no point in complaining about that.

DeusEx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Dota 2 was always a better game, but league had flare, it was simple, unadulterated fun. it was simplicity done well enough to be addictive.
This new patch has ruined that. You're just another DOTA 2 clone, done poorly. Your execution under morello's guidence was poorly executed.

What were you trying to do? change the champ roster? Since when was nerfing buffing not enough? you want to change the jungle pace? Ganking has always been a trade-off and punished mistakes. Riot has chosen to ignore the obvious problems like champion balancing and instead wanted to choose a course of action that didn't involve changing such an diverse and integral part of the game; genuinely hard work.

What's the result? a sloppy mess of slant decisions has ruined the feel of the game. Whatever playstyle your trying to promote, it wasn't worth it. You didn't get your popularity off big changes, diverse mediums or profound choices. you got it off of simple moves, straightforward motives and fun implication that promoted creative thinking. Remember M5 double jungle? I do and loved it.

Just a plain example of greed gone wrong, you've become consumed with how much influence you have over the gaming community and have let it give you tunnel vision. Your revenue will never be from new players who can pick the game up and do well from the start. It has and will always be the pros and veterans who have endorsed your game changes from day one and their respective fans that have grown with them AND the game.

It's unfortunate to see a Free to Play game i admired enough to spend 150$ on go to **** just because of the over-ambition you have. No one has respect for morello, and you shouldn't either.

GG Riot. WP

Th Doctor

12-06-2012

I love all these wannabe critics who think their say will affect the developers. It's their game, they can do whatever they want with it, so stop *****ing and either adapt or find a new game. No one is making you play this, and for those who are going to say, "BUT I SPENT SO MUCH MONEY ON THIS GAME", I laugh at you. I mean, it's not like this game is free to play or nothing, right?

amsteroner

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GangNami Style View Post
ohnoes ...change..I fear change! I am incapable of learning and adjusting to new ideas!

Sorry just summing up the posts on this page.
that's not summing up my post, i feel i have several valid points as to how horrible this patch was and how it broke the game as well ass a lot of other people commenting...

its not because it is change, it is the change itself that has ruined the game... take for example the fact that you get less gold from farming and more from standing around doing nothing, that does not support any motivation to actually farm considering ill have almost the same amount of gold if i don't farm at all, they might as well remove the how to video on last hitting because you don't need to do that anymore.

My earlier complaint was never explained and so i'd like to say that the support is a support for a reason, if you give the support just as much money as the ADC then your throwing the old meta completely out the window and the old meta is what we used to love about the game... I think it was said best when someone said your trying to fix something that's not broken, you've been gaining players and being successful thus far until this patch where out of nowhere you decide we want to kill League of Legends and create a new game for people to play and hey that's fine if you do but can we at least get a server dedicated to the game we've come to learn and love instead of being forced to learn a completely new game when we already liked the old one?

Also i would like to address the changes to the jungle: it appears your trying to make the jungle so difficult that it drives people out of it and everyone lanes... why even have a jungle then? you might as well remove all jungle camps if your going to make them that hard, it's just an open window for someone to fail miserably jungling and possibly throw the game... I've been seeing posts by riot saying that somehow this opens the door to new junglers and how they want to make the jungle more viable to more champs, well this was the exact opposite... Am i missing something or are we maybe playing different games? how can my view be so different then yours? how does buffing the jungle make it easier for different champs to jungle exactly? I'm just going to assume that you guys at riot know that this change denied a lot of champs from jungling and continue to lie and say it doesn't for some strange reason? i cannot come to any other conclusion as to how you feel about this situation.

Now to address the new items: simply said there will always be an optimal build for each class type that everyone will follow, its completely inevitable.. taking away, adding and modifying existing items just causes everyone to find the new build that works best for their champ. All in all as far as items i don't think it was a bad idea to add new items, remove old items or even modify old items but you just did too many changes at once and at the same time changed the store so on top of not having our builds were used to building and having to try to figure out a new build with new items were unsure of the name and details, we have to try to find them in this new shop thats based on a search bar to search for items we don't know because you've basically changed the build for every champ.

Now to address the masteries: In the offensive tree you can only go about 9 points in whilst choosing AP options before you hit a dead stop and have nothing else to put into, unless you wast 3 points for 1.5% more damage or so which helps you get to the bottom of the tree, but wait why go all the way to the bottom of the tree when all thats there is a 3% buff in damage anyway? Why not play every champ with defensive masteries because all of the new defensive masteries are ridiculously godly, how can u compare the offensive masteries to the defensive ones? and no im not talking about the bottom of it because it only gives a 3% buff while most of the earlier masteries in that tree give 10-15% buffs and so on...

My overall outlook is: jungling and ADC's are being broken to help buff the support... which only leads me to believe the new meta will not include a jungler nor an ADC, it will include a tank, a tank, a tank, a tank, and another tank or support type tanky champ... because the only masteries that make sense are tank or support masteries. idk why the support is so important to buff teh **** out of but i guess whoever loved to play support before (nobody) is really going to love it now and whoever loved to play ADC or jungle (everyone) will start feeling like they should either start playing a tank, support, or just simply another game.... I am trying to keep myself busy while still longing to play the old league that appears to be gone forever, but i have hope much like a lot of other people here that we might get a revert... until that happens i won't be playing, sorry to rant and rave on and on but that guy trying to say I'm just scared of change made me feel like i had to explain my frustrations because he lacks the intelligence to see it for himself

amsteroner

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th Doctor View Post
I love all these wannabe critics who think their say will affect the developers. It's their game, they can do whatever they want with it, so stop *****ing and either adapt or find a new game. No one is making you play this, and for those who are going to say, "BUT I SPENT SO MUCH MONEY ON THIS GAME", I laugh at you. I mean, it's not like this game is free to play or nothing, right?
the point is we liked the game so much the way it was... we will probably pick up other games now because even if we stay playing this game we will have to learn it considering it is a completely new game... ignorant people like you are the reason they changed the game in the first place in sure... and you have no remorse, you just try to make fun and do a poor job at it because you obviously don't understand the logic behind our comments