Ranked games seem so scary to me

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shycadet

12-06-2012

I have been playing for about 6 months now and ranked scares the **** out of me. Can anyone tell me am I right to be scared, or is it overrated?

adc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

12-06-2012

If you're a good player, it's literally the same game. Only you can see your rating.

If you're not (ie. if you don't have a good win/loss in normals - good baseline), then you're going to get destroyed and have no fun, and ruin the game for other players.

mdiaz28

12-06-2012

practice draft mode, it'll get you ready for it, otherwise right now im sure a lot of people who like there elo might be practicing a bit before ranked games

shycadet

12-06-2012

But I hear things about Elo hell. What is that about anyway? Is Elo hell just about the same as what ppl deal with in normal games?

adc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

12-06-2012

Elo hell is the idea that you're a higher Elo than where you're at and can't get there easily (or can't get there at all) because the people you play with are too bad to carry.

It's not something holding back 2k+ players, but it affects lower Elo players (say, 1500-1600) who don't play a large amount of games. Over a large amount of games, Elo hell doesn't exist.

And it's not unique to ranked, people just have a number they can see in ranked so it frustrates them more.

Slashinghardest

12-06-2012

The difference between ranked and unranked is if you do good in ranked its not a momentary satisfaction, it feels like you actually accomplished something.

Lumberjock

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashinghardest View Post
The difference between ranked and unranked is if you do good in ranked its not a momentary satisfaction, it feels like you actually accomplished something.
lol

SpiritoftheFox

12-06-2012

What scares me is I'm a pretty good player, but main reason I lose normals is just bad team, no communication, no teamwork at all. Is there on avg better team work in ranked vs normal?

Slashinghardest

12-06-2012

Teams definitely are not better in ranked.

shycadet

12-06-2012

Lol so basically even with the drafting and banning champs in ranked before the game starts, it STILL isn't any better then normal?