Graphics bug after pre-season patch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LordSoren

Recruiter

12-05-2012

Having the same "acid trip" issues with a Radeon 1950XT (granted, the card is over 7 years old, but does its job)

crzymdscntst

12-05-2012

I'm not sure it's the same issue, but I was seeing black shapes across my screen during gameplay. This seemed to happen every time Trundle used his Contaminate.

EDIT: All Drivers are current, up-to-date, or "valid" according to Intel's Driver Update Utility. This hasn't happened in any other game thusfar.

SleepyDeath

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
It seems that you and Gold15 are experience a different issue than the other players in this thread. There is a problem we're working on where players using AMD athalon XP CPU's don't render the in game shop correctly. Unfortunately this isn't a problem that can be fixed by a driver update.
hey, im really not tech savy and all of this is kinda going over my head. i was wondering if there will be a fix for this in an upcoming patch?

if not, thats cool, i could just get one of my buddies to help me out.

either way I really appreciate you addressing the issue so quickly, if i wasn't such a moron it would definately help me

love the new items by the way, keep up the great work riot!

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

12-05-2012
10 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyDeath View Post
hey, im really not tech savy and all of this is kinda going over my head. i was wondering if there will be a fix for this in an upcoming patch?

if not, thats cool, i could just get one of my buddies to help me out.

either way I really appreciate you addressing the issue so quickly, if i wasn't such a moron it would definately help me

love the new items by the way, keep up the great work riot!
We are investigating a fix for issues related to the AMD Athalon XP CPU family. We would like to get a fix out with the next patch, however some times these kinds of problems take more time to be able to fix.

PittsbrghStealer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

Hey all,
I was having the same problem with the graphic artifacts whenever you went into any in-game menu, and was getting pretty annoyed with it.
But after updating my graphics card from AMD/ATI manually, it is fixed and no longer is keeping me from enjoying LoL; so I'd recommend doing that to anyone with the issue and a AMD/ATI card.
Thanks everyone for the fix.

Nightmare Magic

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittsbrghStealer View Post
Hey all,
I was having the same problem with the graphic artifacts whenever you went into any in-game menu, and was getting pretty annoyed with it.
But after updating my graphics card from AMD/ATI manually, it is fixed and no longer is keeping me from enjoying LoL; so I'd recommend doing that to anyone with the issue and a AMD/ATI card.
Thanks everyone for the fix.

How did you do this?

Pyro Jedi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare Magic View Post
How did you do this?
You have to find out what graphics card you have (Control Panel -> Device Manager), and then go to the manufacturer's website and find their own driver updates. For example, mine is an "ATI Radeon HD 4570" (which is an AMD graphics card), so I put that into Google and go to AMD's webpage for it. The website should guide you from there.

bLACKLOTUS90

12-06-2012

Well, who has swicthable graphics can't update ATI drivers... I've HD 5650 and Intel HD and playing with Intel graphics really sucks!
So riot, please, fix it asap!

bLACKLOTUS90

12-06-2012

Ok, I had followed this post, and worked with me, but will disable Intel HD graphics:
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=339823
Dunno if has virus or not, idc. I just have Windows to play LoL.
I hope that works with all people who has ATI HD 5650.

Gold15

12-06-2012

I see there was another update yesterday. Im not sure what issues it addressed but It made no difference to being able to see what is in shop on AMD. Please keep us posted. The game is very slow and very difficult to play
Thanks