Preseason 3 Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mageknight5

12-05-2012

well looks like i'm quitting league of legends for at least one season.

GankedByEwoks

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaBeIIe View Post
This just seems like a Blizzard type of move tbh. Making it so bad players can do better than their skill permits where as good players now can't attain as large a lead as possible. Overbalancing + MOBA =/= Win.
haha i was thinking the same thing! lol have you seen WOW's new masteries thats LOL's future haha

KingIonTrueLove

12-05-2012

Why did promote get removed?

It never was meta or OP... but i always had fun with it... its fun to use because its always a bit unexpected. Once had a promoted minion take two towers and inhibitor on bot lane because everyone spent 10 minutes in a massively long team fight in mid. I never expected for promote to be removed.. v.v

furykiddo

12-05-2012

i am so confused with the shop lol

CounterProductiv

12-05-2012

The user interface is too graphically busy, especially in the actionbar. The level indicators are a nice idea, but they take up too much space, leaving less space for what I need to see at a glance.

Everything, in general, is too small. I used to always complain when I switched computers and saw that someone set the UI scale too high, but now, I strain to read the chat and the minimap even when I max out their scaling. The font, also, in my opinion, is too non-Arial-y. I don't like it.

And, what's too big: the scoreboard. There's way too much unnecessary border around the scoreboard. I like to be able to be aware of what's happening beyond the scoreboard even when I have it open.

The shop's size is unfavorable to me in more ways than one. The window itself is too big, similar to the scoreboard, except on a more massive scale. I found it difficult enough to cope with the unwieldy size of the shop before this patch, but now it's just overwhelming.

In spite of having to re-familiarize myself with the new sorting, I can't say I dislike it. Actually, I like it a lot. It's much more convenient than the old style of having to hit "Back" several times before going into another sorted group of items. I'm still trying to make up my mind on the scroll-left/right for the list of items that the currently selected one can upgrade to. What I don't like about the graphical rearrangement of items in the shop, however, is that there's only one item listed per row. Drastically fewer items visible in the shop at a time when looking for something. Blech.

One other thing on the shop's "size"... It lags me. Granted, my computer is easily considered to be low-end, but my game shouldn't have to freeze for 0.25-0.5 seconds every time I hit my hotkey to open the shop.

I'm not quite done yet, though, with the shop. Its general UI window is... unfamiliar in one more way. I can't keep the camera centered on my champion with my spacebar while the shop is open. I hate this. Absolutely hate. Just a pet peave.

I don't have a great proposed general solution other than to provide an option in Interface options for "legacy UI". I don't imagine it'd be difficult to support.

tl;dr: I don't like the sizing of anything in the new UI.

BuAuLuRuOuG

12-05-2012

Just saw a varus by the melee only item fix now! plz

Alec

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CounterProductiv View Post
The user interface is too graphically busy, especially in the actionbar. The level indicators are a nice idea, but they take up too much space, leaving less space for what I need to see at a glance.

Everything, in general, is too small. I used to always complain when I switched computers and saw that someone set the UI scale too high, but now, I strain to read the chat and the minimap even when I max out their scaling. The font, also, in my opinion, is too non-Arial-y. I don't like it.

And, what's too big: the scoreboard. There's way too much unnecessary border around the scoreboard. I like to be able to be aware of what's happening beyond the scoreboard even when I have it open.

The shop's size is unfavorable to me in more ways than one. The window itself is too big, similar to the scoreboard, except on a more massive scale. I found it difficult enough to cope with the unwieldy size of the shop before this patch, but now it's just overwhelming.

In spite of having to re-familiarize myself with the new sorting, I can't say I dislike it. Actually, I like it a lot. It's much more convenient than the old style of having to hit "Back" several times before going into another sorted group of items. I'm still trying to make up my mind on the scroll-left/right for the list of items that the currently selected one can upgrade to. What I don't like about the graphical rearrangement of items in the shop, however, is that there's only one item listed per row. Drastically fewer items visible in the shop at a time when looking for something. Blech.

One other thing on the shop's "size"... It lags me. Granted, my computer is easily considered to be low-end, but my game shouldn't have to freeze for 0.25-0.5 seconds every time I hit my hotkey to open the shop.

I'm not quite done yet, though, with the shop. Its general UI window is... unfamiliar in two more ways. One is that I can't keep the camera centered on my champion with my spacebar while the shop is open. The other is that clicks go through the window onto the rest of the UI.

I don't have a great proposed general solution other than to provide an option in Interface options for "legacy UI". I don't imagine it'd be difficult to support.

tl;dr: I don't like the sizing of anything in the new UI.
There should be an option to scale shop a la scale HUD.

ManOWar2Red

12-05-2012

This new patch made the game a different one, totally. All the game mechanic has been reworked and this game now do not feel like LoL anymore.

The removal of cores items and the nerfing of everything make no sense at all.

Trying to fix something that is not broken make no sense.

Riots should stop basing theirs actions upon the multiples comments of a small group of people who will eternally complain about things being too op.

The majority of lol players do not comments on forums and most of my friends who play lol have stopped to play and do not care anymore, even after many years of playings...

This is pretty sad. It looks like Riots is aiming at a younger public and faster games.

It was a good game, now I have no fun playing it at all.

Nightdancer ND

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by micaiahh View Post
well looks like i'm quitting league of legends for at least one season.
Old EVE-Online quote: 'Can I have your stuff?'

xTsXx

12-06-2012

Ok like to say cool ideals but something you ruined some of the game and some over site.

First the jungle.

Jungle rework you took out the early ganking lanes, But now you made the target the junglers themselves. While clearing camps they are now super vulnerable! Easy target to gank. Specially if a player that picks slow clearing type champ. You just refocused the target to gank and you reinforced the current meta of fast junglers that does super dps like Shyvanna, Skarner, and Lee Sin in the game. Players just gonna camp them in their bushes while they clear then ambush.. Bad change predict Diamond is loving it.

Second changes to support.

Supports now forcing them to use utility tree. You killing the creativity of builds for type of support. (like Tanky Support, AD kill lane support, Ninja AP burst support, and etc) To just making them to be way more squishy and easy targets. Not fun for support when your always the target because you can be one shot'ed. Yes some of the items changes make sense. Specially you slim down the GP5 items down in game for bank builds then be amazing late game, but ruin the early and mid game. I agree with that change. Just that your forcing support to go full utility isn't so fun either. I would've made the changes to utility to make a support to be lots more tanky passive that way a support can do his job instead of health and mana regen. further down the build.