IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FaceCheckMyBush

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukaro View Post
True. Even the Riot said"Despite the punishments and official warnings, his harassment score has risen more than 30% from early August to the present date, placing him at the top of the list of North American pro players and among the worst 0.7% of all North American players.". Out of all pro players he is the biggest a hole. He makes your average troll look great.
Yea. I love Dig and think IWD was a good jungler and other pro's really do need to clean up their act. Just as I love M5 but a couple of them need to shape up their act too. But the things I have seen and heard IWD say have been beyond disgusting. WildTurtle even said on Reddit that IWD calls him "N"Turtle. That's just not acceptable. Even if WildTurtle would laugh it off and not take it personally, it shouldn't be acceptable. I'm hoping other pro's will take this as "i need to improve my behavior cuz I'm not above the law". But again, they aren't nearly as bad as IWD was. Not even close. And the fact, like you quoted above, his harassment got significantly worse after being warned and banned 8 times for it.. it's obvious he thought he was above the rules or just didn't give a sht. He deserves this ban and I'm kinda annoyed when people mention other pros that should be banned then. I think they are unaware of just how toxic IWD was. Other pro's trolls or language wasn't nearly as toxic. Trust me.

And I think IWD already made another account called Free Dominate and has been playing. Unless that is another pro that changed their name to that. I can't be entirely sure. Someone said it was DontMashMe but I had just been watching him stream and this Free Dominate guy jungled every game. Dunno.. if he does make another account, I sure hope he doesn't start this same behavior again. It's a shame such a good player had an attitude so disgusting. I'm so disappointed in him.

Arthenios

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Tribunal reviewers are encouraged to punish if they even see 1 incident that is worth punishing--that is what they are supposed to do. For a player to even get into the Tribunal they have to have received dozens or hundreds of reports by players that are 'neutral' or 'positive' in the community. The Tribunal system is designed to be extremely conservative and give the benefit of the doubt to the player and always, always avoid false punishes.
Doesn't that conflict with the tribunal guidelines that say if you ask someone to stop their toxic behavior and they do stop in that same game that they should then be pardoned? I'm asking because as part of the process of reforming my own behavior instead of threatening to report people and getting into an argument I simply ask them to stop once and if they don't I try not to say anything else and simply report them.
|

Quellious

12-05-2012

This is massive... HotshotGG, you're on notice.

I think Dig will move crumbz to the jungle, and then rehire Voyboy. If they don't, they should. If he doesn't want to return, then they can get Westrice.

FaceCheckMyBush

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quellious View Post
I think Dig will move crumbz to the jungle, and then rehire Voyboy. If they don't, they should. If he doesn't want to return, then they can get Westrice.
I agree with the Crumbz to the jungle thing. WingsOfDeath is also a possibility for top lane.

Quellious

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceCheckMyBush View Post
Yea. I love Dig and think IWD was a good jungler and other pro's really do need to clean up their act. Just as I love M5 but a couple of them need to shape up their act too.
What exactly does M5 say and do? Are you getting this from their stream? Only Alex speaks English. Do you speak Russian and can translate what they say?

Or are you basing this on on-stage trash talk interviews (which the GD community blows way out of proportion) which don't count toward the Tribunal? DBL and most NA teams trash talks way harder than M5 for promo interviews, but no one hates them or CLG for it. NA bias.

xJLx MCHammer

12-05-2012

Can we see the tribunal cases that were brought forward. Im sure if people see it, they wouldn't disagree with this outcome

Iupiter Iovis

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
This was a collaboration between eSports and Player Behavior. eSports had multiple meetings and discussions with relevant parties on both sides before they made a decision on the verdict and the timing. I'm not as involved in the timing side of things, so I can't speak to it.
Thank god. It's needed. On that note, thanks for banning me. I don't agree with the length of the ban, but it was needed.

If you want e-Sports to pick up in popularity and success outside of the hardcore gamer audience - [The ~150k people who watch streams? Out of 30 million supposed players?] - you need to take yourselves seriously, among other things. Does Riot really want to stir e-sports and have North America be as good/support/etc as Korea? Soloq isn't playing a single player game. This is comparable to Pavel Datsyuk suddenly playing in pickupgroup street hockey. People saying IWD and pros shouldn't be banned are basically saying they'd be okay with Pavel Datsyuk calling them ******s and telling them to sell their hockey gear.

So act like it. There are bad apples in all professional leagues, but if you lay the groundwork and expectations that they are ambassadors of the e-sport, they will behave. Seems like only Eu [save m5] have any kind of behavioural protocols. Fine/punish them [you can do this in S3 with your salaries] and ban them.

Good job. I don't have all the answers or know everything, but I think my points lead into the right direction!

Caid KillZ

12-05-2012

Yeah, I got banned 4 times and it was a PERMA for me... Hmm. Yeah this seems totally fair. I think if you are going to perma ban people, you should at least give them 50% of the money they spent on your FREE game back. just sayin..

DreMLoK

12-05-2012

/sarcasm

looks like he couldnt dominate himself

hue

/sarcasm off

N0TxSMURFING

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quellious View Post
What exactly does M5 say and do? Are you getting this from their stream? Only Alex speaks English. Do you speak Russian and can translate what they say?

Or are you basing this on on-stage trash talk interviews (which the GD community blows way out of proportion) which don't count toward the Tribunal? DBL and most NA teams trash talks way harder than M5 for promo interviews, but no one hates them or CLG for it. NA bias.
Apparently Genja has been tribunal banned before.