[User Interface] - Few Missed Details / Feedback.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExjK

12-04-2012

So far I am really liking the new patch, the user interface specifically looks fresh and is more engaging than the old style. That being said there are a few minor details that I think were either missed or not considered when making the interface. I ask that Riot stop and assess the points I bring up and consider the "quality of life" they may bring to the UI. Please feel free to comment and up/down vote!

Shop Interface Overlap - When the shop is open, it is impossible to re-arrange the items in your inventory. This is an issue we did not have with the old interface that I would absolutely love to see fixed for the new UI.

Surrender - The only thing that seems wrong to me is that there is no clear distinction between the number of yes vs no votes. In the old display there were clear spaces between each vote, now they all look blended together. This may or may not have been the intention, however I find it extremely awkward looking.

Charges Display - While playing I found myself wondering why I could not tell how many charges I had left of my Crystalline Flask or Sightstone. Obviously we can simply take mental notes of how many we use, but it seems odd that it's not displayed right in front of me. I feel charges could be displayed exactly how potions are when stacked.

~~ EDIT ~~

Shop/Scoreboard - Would be nice to have the freedom of re-sizing both of these interfaces, Riotpls.

Color Schemes - People seem to be turned off by the new UI color scheme. While I don't seem to be having this issue, I could see where it would bug someone enough to not want to play at all. In general though I think it would be neat if Riot worked on additional color schemes that are themed (maybe based on Noxus, Demacia or other smaller factions)! This would give the UI some level of customization that I think the players would love.

ExjK

12-04-2012

Bump.
I am trying to add as much as I can to this thread, opinions are welcomed!

ExjK

12-05-2012

Bump.

Thundertouch

12-05-2012

I would like to add that the new shop lacks the category "gold per minute" items. I know there are only a few of this but then again, there is a category called tenacity, with only 3 items xD.

LowPolyCount

Associate Flash Engineer

12-05-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExjK View Post
Charges Display - While playing I found myself wondering why I could not tell how many charges I had left of my Crystalline Flask or Sightstone. Obviously we can simply take mental notes of how many we use, but it seems odd that it's not displayed right in front of me. I feel charges could be displayed exactly how potions are when stacked.
The number of charges that Crystalline Flask has is displayed on a buff on top of the center hud bar. It's a weird edge case, but all the items that use the "charges" keyword like statikk shiv are at least consistent in how they display charges. (If there's an item that is not, let me know) There is probably a better way to handle it, but we have a lot of other things to focus on at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExjK View Post
Shop/Scoreboard - Would be nice to have the freedom of re-sizing both of these interfaces
We're working on making the scoreboard and shop more readable and size friendly.

Jixson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowPolyCount View Post
The number of charges that Crystalline Flask has is displayed on a buff on top of the center hud bar. It's a weird edge case, but all the items that use the "charges" keyword like statikk shiv are at least consistent in how they display charges. (If there's an item that is not, let me know) There is probably a better way to handle it, but we have a lot of other things to focus on at the moment.

We're working on making the scoreboard and shop more readable and size friendly.
do you have a timetable for this?

For many of us it makes the game almost unplayable, and communication is darn near impossible, because we can't even see that someone typed to us.

I have to ask, how did it pass through to live when the issues with how much the coloring hurts peoples eyes, to font issues have been brought up since the first patch they hit the pbe.

Lightofduskandda

12-05-2012

My friend and I are both having issues with this: in the shop only, the top gold total and the bottom gold table flicker at the same time, and the buy button flickers as well. I think they're trying to switch the text for some odd reason. Also, my chat flickers and sometimes it erases everything I've written.

Brogue

12-05-2012

It's probably been addressed in other threads, but I would really like the option to scale the chatbox text. At the moment, it's too small for me and it makes reading what people type out a strain on my eyes.

Qsario

12-06-2012

The shop also lags you for about 3 seconds whenever you open it, even though it's a lot nicer now when you know what you want thanks to search.

Muaadib

12-06-2012

Is there an option to remove the small boxes at the bottom left corner of each inventory slot or skill slot where normally the hotkey would be placed? i smartcast all my spells so they just appear as black boxes with no hotkeys in them which is kind of annoying.