IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letkhar View Post
Meanwhile, in TSM land Dyrus rages, intentionally feeds, and ragequits every other game.

If you want me to actually take you seriously about this you need to be consistent.

EDIT: Downvotes from TSM fanboys who are the reason Dyrus gets preferential treatment.
this, i don't care the downvotes but apparently him having a big name to back his up gives him preferential tretment with dumb summonners who either don't report him or just go out of their way to pardon his cases.

Lazien

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSOutlook View Post
Well now I get why there's never any friendly banter in competition games like the other MOBAs. This is a game and for him it's pretty much his life. You expect someone not to get emotional? "Just a game" doesn't apply to him. It would be nice to know if he was warned that this severe of a punishment was going to happen or if it came as a surprise. I'm guessing it was a surprise because there is no precedent for such an action being taken. Outrageous.

I'm sure if he was talked to instead of being sent the "Greetings from Riot's auto-ban service!" on his offenses this could've been resolved a lot better and quicker. Learn to deal with high-level community members, Riot. Please.

So you never read that he was in the tribunal NINE TIMES? and punished EIGHT TIMES? Do you honestly think that during those Eight punishments they never said "stop this or else we'll escalate our punishments"?

You my friend are a fool. It's far more likely that IWillDominate thought "I'm a pro, they aint gonna do jack to me cause I'm sweet"

Tempissed

12-05-2012

Quote:
Well now I get why there's never any friendly banter in competition games like the other MOBAs. This is a game and for him it's pretty much his life. You expect someone not to get emotional? "Just a game" doesn't apply to him. It would be nice to know if he was warned that this severe of a punishment was going to happen or if it came as a surprise. I'm guessing it was a surprise because there is no precedent for such an action being taken. Outrageous.

I'm sure if he was talked to instead of being sent the "Greetings from Riot's auto-ban service!" on his offenses this could've been resolved a lot better and quicker. Learn to deal with high-level community members, Riot. Please.
There is no precedent for players being permabanned after repeat offenses? He's been punished by the Tribunal 9 times, which means either warnings or time-bans, both of which come along with a message to you informing you that you've been punished and that if you keep slipping up things will get worse. He wasn't reported during championship matches, he was reported during regular laddering in ranked solo queue, so why should he be expected to get emotional? He's not getting paid for those matches, they aren't tournament matches, he's just being a dick for dick's sake.

MSOutlook

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Rider View Post
In the original post they mentioned repeated and increasingly urgent warnings that were sent to him, both in game and outside of it.
No, it doesn't, actually.

It says he was temporarily banned and "officially warned" which, I'm sure, is "if this action continues, your account will be more severely banned". As in, 1 hour ban, 6 hour, 12 hour, etc.. until a permanent ban is incurred.

As for "outside of game"... No, doesn't say that either. It said he had bad behavior outside of the game. Which, by the way, is an irrelevant justification. If he knew his paycheck was at stake I'm sure he would have toned it down if not stopping entirely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempissed View Post
There is no precedent for players being permabanned after repeat offenses? He's been punished by the Tribunal 9 times, which means either warnings or time-bans, both of which come along with a message to you informing you that you've been punished and that if you keep slipping up things will get worse. He wasn't reported during championship matches, he was reported during regular laddering in ranked solo queue, so why should he be expected to get emotional? He's not getting paid for those matches, they aren't tournament matches, he's just being a dick for dick's sake.
And you need to get some comprehension skills. There is no precedent for barring a player from competitive play because of his behavior outside of competitive play. You misunderstood more but I'm sure you'll misconstrue that to your own means as well so I won't bother. Bye.

Koldheartedjsp

12-05-2012

Uh why hasn't hotshot or saintvicious perma banned yet? Considering they are pretty famous for their rage they show on stream and in game

Creamstar

12-05-2012

Quote:

It says he was temporarily banned and "officially warned" which, I'm sure, is "if this action continues, your account will be more severely banned". As in, 1 hour ban, 6 hour, 12 hour, etc.. until a permanent ban is incurred.

As for "outside of game"... No, doesn't say that either. It said he had bad behavior outside of the game. Which, by the way, is an irrelevant justification. If he knew his paycheck was at stake I'm sure he would have toned it down if not stopping entirely.
If you play a game professionally, you not only represent that team, you represent the company hosting the tournament and the game. If you break the rules of the game continuously while being warned against such actions continuously, what the hell else did you think Riot was going to do?

If a player in a professional sport keeps breaking rules, doesn't matter in the sport or outside of it, they are going to get fired. Grow up, be a man and own up to responsibility.

IS1bf695a5f1d53bdc94097

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkingg View Post
destroyed his LIFE good job RIOT.
Smart, society destroyed charie manson life. he was one of the good guys !! or not....

JustDeckeredBoys

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulmis View Post
Smart, society destroyed charie manson life. he was one of the good guys !! or not....
THIS. I DUNNO WHAT HES SAYlNG, BUT ITS PROBABLY RIGHT. LOGIC.

orjo

12-05-2012

so well - i dunno if somebody mentioned this before, 123 pages are just too much to read for me right now, but i think i really have to share my thoughts.

so, i guess IWD missbehaved in solo-queue only, not in official tournaments or something like this. if this is right, then riot has all the rights to ban his accounts and don't let him play solo-queue anymore (at least for a long time). but i think IWD didn't do something wrong in official tournamtents/competitive games. so imho riot is allowed to ban his accounts, don't let him play solo-queue anymore.. but why can riot ban IWD from playing competitive games?
this doesn't make any sense to me. if we are talking about riot's own tournaments, like the championships for example, it's ok. but what about not-riot-related tournaments?
why does riot have the right to ban IWD from independent tournaments?

i guess solo-queue is something like training for most of the pro-league-players. if you are part of some sportsclub and playing basketball for example. and you missbehave in a training lesson - then maybe this club is kicking you out. but it can't ban you from playing for other clubs in competitive games. the problem with this comparison is, that riot has way too much influence on everything as the creators of this game. so nearly every tournament in some way is riot-related, what is kind of scary.

that's why esports will never be like real sports, cause there is no owner of sthg. like basketball, but there is an owner of the game "league of legends."

seriously - if IWD did missbehave in solo-queue - ban him from playing with his accounts - that's fine. and if IWD is missbehaving in competitive games - ban him from competitive games.

but don't ban him from competitive games if he missbehaved in solo queue.

Calys Teneb

12-05-2012

Quote:

And you need to get some comprehension skills. There is no precedent for barring a player from competitive play because of his behavior outside of competitive play. You misunderstood more but I'm sure you'll misconstrue that to your own means as well so I won't bother. Bye.
KOREA.

Thank you.