@Riot-- Damage intervals of Liandrys and Blackfire?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fat of the Land

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

What are they? I assumed both were 1s between ticks but this line-

"...spell damage burns enemies for 5% of their current health as magic damage over 3 seconds...Half duration for multi-target or periodic effects"

suggests that the damage is dealt at a maximum of 0.5s intervals since half of 3 is 1.5 and it isn't possible to trigger half a tick. Some might wonder why this is relevant, and the answer lies in rapid fire spells like Kennens ultimate. The lower the interval the less rapid fire spells benefit.

For example the bolts of Kennens rank 3 ultimate fire off every 0.33s, so if Liandrys ticks every 0.5s then each will deal 0.833% current health. But if the interval is 1s then each bolt will deal 1.66% of current health.

So Riot, what are the damage intervals on these items?

Fat of the Land

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

bump for clarification please!

Fat of the Land

12-05-2012

1 more time

Raasu

12-05-2012

bump this is a relevant question 100% for technical players

Ur little sister

12-05-2012

Yeah, bump too. Relevant indeed.

FancifuHarlequin

12-05-2012

The effects of Hp regen are calculated every half-second IIRC, so I assume this would follow the same rule.

Raasu

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancifuHarlequin View Post
The effects of Hp regen are calculated every half-second IIRC, so I assume this would follow the same rule.
^ Could be the answer. It makes sense.

Fat of the Land

12-05-2012

It does but I'd still like to know for sure. Also Blackfire has a charge system that depletes on a per second basis so a 0.5s interval doesn't fit there.