Need help with jungle kha' zix

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XElement

12-05-2012

Lvl his Q first, faster CD.
you wan tto max his W first though and evolve it.
Max wise...it should be W,Q,E and always R whenver you can.
Evolution...W, E, then whichever you want. Q or R. I have notice there are times I want the range boost on Q and be nice in a solo fight. But, R makes you look cool (not important) and gives you 3 stealth/ms boosts and allows your passive to turn on (220 at lvl 18, so you get to deal 660 with all 3 ults used...), I think it comes down to opinion.

W heals you for more, clears the jungle faster. And with it evolved you can slow them as you open your gan
E, now that W is evolved first you hopefully dont have to blow this to get close. Also, it is just so much better evolved...i get it second becuase I like having a reliable escape, unevolved it sucks. Bad range, long CD. With it evolved...still long CD, but nice range and refreshes. So that helps a lot in fights.
Q, Decent damage, great damage on isolated targets. Great for killing a chaser. If ganking mid/top it can be great when they isloate themselves. the melee/cast range boost is always nice.
R, helps slightly disrupt the flow of focus on you, try to use the full duration of it or else enemies jump on you. Though I think they need to lower the time inbetween theh stealths and maybe boost the duration. But, it is nice chasing/ganking and escaping with.

With the change I cannot tell you how to build until I play him and learn about the new items some more.

Focus Sash

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketsTheGreat View Post
... His Q deals extra damage based on how much HP they're MISSING. Q is by far his best skill, and the only one you should be evolving at 6.
I find that to be highly erroneous, but I respect your right to have an opinion. E allows for picking up quick kills that could otherwise escape you, and also allows for a duck-and-weave type of playstyle if you're so inclined. If you max your Q first, it would be best to evolve your wings because you're already hitting like a truck and you want to take advantage of any isolation bonus you can, and most of the time that's when they're running away or otherwise a good distance away from both teams. If you level W first, you want to evolve it to increase its effectiveness, as it becomes your main source of damage. If you're going a tanky deeps route, you'll probably want to max your W first and evolve your R at level 6 so you can get as many passive procs as possible; you're not going to be doing much damage with Q without damage items, but you have built in damage and slow via your ult + passive, plus survivability and speed boost for sticking.

You really only evolve Q at the later stages of the game when the percent missing health actually matters. When everyone's running around with 1000 health, if they're missing 400, that's only 48 extra damage when you're already hitting for ~340 or so, as opposed to the extra 55+ you could apply to your W by evolving it, instead.

But everyone has their own playstyles. Part of Kha'Zix intricacies.

XElement

12-05-2012

Quote:
Pretty sure the saint vicious jungle Kha is where I started. Q > W > W > E > Max Q. Evolve Q first. Wriggle's > treads > brutalizer leaves you exactly where you want to be around level 11. Evolve wings and you'll clear house.

Been playing nothing but jungle kha for 3 days now.
No point in evolving Q and maxing it first.
Q is strong. So why max/evolve it togehter.
Why not like max one then eovle the other? So you ahve two strong spells.

Also, Wriggles On Kha isn't really all that great IMO.
With the new jungle I think you'll WANT W max so you can clear waves faster and have some sustain. As of now the new jungle will probably destroy him.

Also, I just dont like Saint's build...I tried it. Just not my thing.
Solomid had some better ones.

Poundman

12-05-2012

Quote:
... His Q deals extra damage based on how much HP they're MISSING. Q is by far his best skill, and the only one you should be evolving at 6.
Correct, sorry I'm sleep deprived atm. I still don't see a reason to evolve it. You're losing an AoE slow and tons of mobility in exchange for a little extra DMG.

Vanblod

12-05-2012

Quote:
Should be evolving E at 6, to make ganking easier than most champs can make it, and safer since you can disengage a tower dive after a kill. Evolving Q at 6 doesn't give him enough damage or utility to justify it =/

Vanblod

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XElement View Post
No point in evolving Q and maxing it first.
Q is strong. So why max/evolve it togehter.
Why not like max one then eovle the other? So you ahve two strong spells.

Also, Wriggles On Kha isn't really all that great IMO.
With the new jungle I think you'll WANT W max so you can clear waves faster and have some sustain. As of now the new jungle will probably destroy him.

Also, I just dont like Saint's build...I tried it. Just not my thing.
Solomid had some better ones.
I've been able to jungle with him and do rather well twice now, both time I ignore W with only one point until Q and E are both maxed. I just really don't see the point of getting evolved W when I am not in lane. The camps die incredibly fast and his ganks are much more powerful with his E and Q leveled up.

Before the S3 changes I was also able to consistently do well with him

innervation

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by theuberone View Post
Ive been doing great my way, get w to at least 3 levels and max it first. 5 pots and machete and rush it into spirit stone and into its spirit for AD. Then brut cleaver and either GA or bt
This is what I was going to say, with the caveat of "never pigeon hole yourself into a static item build" If there's only one other melee on your team, you'll probably have to tank up more than normal.

In terms of ganks, look at the enemy team and their summoners. If you think they'll be gankable, evolve your leap first. If not, consider evolving something else first and focus a bit more on farming.

Don't be afraid to counter jungle with him either. The couple times I've played him since the changes, I've stayed on pretty good health. You know his q is great in 1v1 situations, and since a lot of junglers get low on HP now, you can think about taking some risks in the enemy jungle - the rewards are huge.