Tribunal is broken (Not complaining; the technical aspect)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Harry Balsak

12-05-2012

Im going through the tribunal today and I hit a case where there are NO chat logs whatsoever.
I've noticed this in some reports where it seems like a good chunk of text is missing ala the report saying "Racism" or "offensive language" with no text showing in the chat log for that player, but now I have founded proof on this ticket I am working on now.

5 reports in 5 games for feeding and verbal abuse.
It is not that there is no text from the player, There is just no text AT ALL. Be it enemy or ally.

Clearly a bug in the tribunal system, needs to be addressed post haste.

These are people's accounts we are dealing with.

http://i.imgur.com/rzPox.jpg

Harry Balsak

12-05-2012

yeah.

Kirska

12-05-2012

I've noticed this too, actually.

Harry Balsak

12-05-2012

Srs no evidence makes for really bad calls on matches

Kirska

12-05-2012

Here is one that has a game with no chat log that popped up in my queue that I ended up skipping: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../6007984/#nogo

I find it highly unlikely that there was no chat whatsoever.

Great Pyrenees

12-05-2012

I think this is intentional. I believe (But cannot prove) that there are two possible explanations for this. 1) Chat logs over X ammount of time old dissapear. 2) Riot does this occasionally to weed out bad judges by making cases clear cut Punish or Pardon's. Maybe I am a little too skeptical but I just do not believe this is simply a technical flaw. However I redily admit I could be wrong =). If you want to learn more about the math behind the tribunal I have a guide posted in the guides section =)

Harry Balsak

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pyrenees View Post
I think this is intentional. I believe (But cannot prove) that there are two possible explanations for this. 1) Chat logs over X ammount of time old dissapear. 2) Riot does this occasionally to weed out bad judges by making cases clear cut Punish or Pardon's. Maybe I am a little too skeptical but I just do not believe this is simply a technical flaw. However I redily admit I could be wrong =). If you want to learn more about the math behind the tribunal I have a guide posted in the guides section =)

ah, That would make sense.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

I just skip these, unless the evidence in the other games is enough or the KDAR/build is almost guaranteed feeding/trolling.

Yes, it needs to be fixed.

tbagchamp

12-05-2012

Yeah I've noticed the same. It's just important to skip it if there is no evidence.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

12-05-2012
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Thanks for the report! I'll make sure our Justice team is aware of this.