The Preseason Update Site is Live

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Joe10112

12-04-2012

First game after the patch was live, I jungled. The new Machete is really nice to be honest. I jungled Warwick and I started Machete + 5 Pots (idk if that is good), and did pretty well. I might try to jungle Fiddlesticks in a few games, because they said that they wanted to bring Jungle Fiddle and Jungle Warwick back. The interface is interesting…its new. That’s all I can say, I probably like it, but I’m just used to the old interface…but I totally love the Search feature in shop now. Now I don’t have to click around (and forget what category an item is under), I can just go to “All Items” and search for what I want. Now if you forget the item name AND what it is listed under…overall I am not disappointed with the new changes. Well, maybe I lied. Heart of Gold is now gone…no more Kage’s + Philo + Heart of Gold for Supports now…and now my Darius won’t be able to get a HoG either :/

Also, Lord Darius’s Q Animation still isn’t fixed >.> hopefully NEXT patch (with Nami!)

Fkin Be Rad

12-04-2012

WHERE IS My Nocturne Skinnnnnnn?!?!?!

Verlo4

12-05-2012

anyone else think this update needs... a total revamp

Smeezer

12-05-2012

Holy wow... my jax... went from doing ok usually to SERIOUSLY OP
I don't mind mind you but just saying

Josh86

12-05-2012

I love the new HUD on the play window. Ability levels are clearly seen. The style is nice and crisp with its subdued background and bright gold pop of color. I for one, am not a fan of the buy menu design, though I do like the categories and search function. One of my biggest setbacks in getting into DOTA2 was that the item buy screen was overwhelming and I never really knew how to build properly/quickly. I kind of feel that way in LoL now, but it's a good thing I already know most of the items well. On the plus side, I guess the menu will help me make an easier start in DOTA2 when I want to play that. Tried it half a year ago and I had a very hard time!

For the new items -- there are some neat additions and I do like that Aura/buffs were given specific names now. It seems that critical striking and AD items took a slight nerf (except for hydra and tiamat) but I think that's a good thing since so many game ending builds are just straight attack damage building on critical hits. It looks like major AP items were added on the whole. I would like to see some more variety in the future with diverse functions for active items...instead of just slowing enemies or whatnot. Something that changes the gameplay even more than the same old CC or damage. Twin Shadows is an awesome example. I love that item. Maybe items that create minions or effect the environment more. An item with an active that lays traps perhaps?

One thing I don't quite understand is how the jungling items that were added will be very helpful. Maybe I don't understand how the neutral camps have changed (they do seem stronger in general) but I think we will have an even less variety of junglers. +10 and %10 attack damage doesn't do much for a jungler when you can just as easily grab madreds which is a much better choice in my opinion with that bonus damage chance. I admit madreds doesn't build into much, but by the time you are hitting 3000-4000 gold to build the new machete (and whatever else), you already have the abilities to quickly clear a camp without jungle items.

I think we will actually see lesser variety of junglers and see people sticking to ones that are easier to use and already effective like: Warwick, Olaf, Fiddlesticks, Nunu, Lee Sin, etc. I know I definitely had a harder time jungling as a tank early on and will be sticking to those mentioned above. They have natural healing and attacks/speed to take on the main monster in the camps.

EDIT: Something I forgot to mention about performance. I play on my laptop windowed @ 800x600 and the new chat text doesn't scale very well at lower resolutions. Framerates seem more or less the same (20-30 which is still playable impressively), but I have noticed that the some of the updated textures/sprites/graphics don't render as well (I'm on an intel series 4 express...so I don't complain about these things). Will often seen that black texture mask over the nexus crystal model and the models of various skill shots.

Not graphic related, I also notice some bugs in the damage report window after a death, often enemy skills will be displayed as a blank box with no description (showing "..."). Still some tool-tip menus that are a bit buggy too under certain situations. Either floating around or won't disappear...or certain actions will show the wrong tool-tip when hovering over something.

Kayu

12-05-2012

Yes... A lot of new stuff to learn about and manage masteries and items shop.... but IT IS GOOD !!

AnhMinh2505

12-05-2012

new update suck , the shop is mess up
the old lengue of legend is better

HolisticJalapeno

12-05-2012

They changed Warmogs, and now it is worse imho. They need to add some more MR items, as those are not all that common. (those that would be good on a tank.)

Appull

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

TO ANY RIOT EMPLOYEES
please pass this up as high as possible and all LoL fans who agree please pass this around.

League of Legends is the most played game in the world. That is truly an achievement and I'm very happy to know I'm part of that statistic. But why is it the most played game? It's a MOBA game, and there are other MOBA games, why aren't they? Why was it League? And that's a much simpler answer than it seems.

League of Legends is a much simpler and user friendly games. The large pictures, the bright colors, the ease of understanding. It draws in new players and becomes addicting to the ones who have played forever. I defend LoL constantly and have always had plenty to back up what I was saying when telling new people about it or fighting off "haters". But with this new update I have really lost most of my defenses.

I agree whole heartedly, I love the jungle changes, new items were heavily needed for the game. But changing the HUD(not sure if that is right), changing the camera angle, adding more active items and effects that heavily change the outcome of the game are taking it several steps to far.

To begin with the new HUD my health and mana and skills now take up to much of my screen, I'd much rather not see them than have them that huge. I'm a big mid player and now staring at the map is the only way to see an approach from the south side of the river, especially if you are purple or pushed up blue. But really I think that is a mix of the HUD AND the camera angle. I just played a game with anivia, and most my skill ranges go off the screen now if I am aiming below me. And anivia does not exactly have the longest range in the game, players who play Gragas and Lux must almost never be able to see their characters. And before anyone says it let me stop you now, I DO NOT PLAY WITH MY SCREEN LOCKED. I do however like to have my champion at least on my screen so I can watch all sides of me ESPECIALLY when I am being offensive. I was playing against an Oriana and was purple and could not harass because of the camera making it to dangerous.

One of the biggest things I always hear "LoL is just Dota" and I have always defended and explained the differences but making the item system, the health, the skills, etc. All look exactly like Dota killed any chance I will ever have of defending that. I was excited when I heard search bar, when I logged in and saw Dota I was very angry. My chat from that game, was certainly less than honorable. And I don't dislike it just because it is Dota, I dislike that system in general, I really do not like Dota, same as many many other league players, and the item system is a big reason. It LOOKS like it is easier to navigate but it really isn't unless you actually know what you are looking for. I loved the old navigation so much. Just a few clear bars and the section i wanted was few clicks away with a very very space eficent look. The item list did not clutter and the item was broken down in a helpful and non wasteful way with my recommends above. While I was learning the recomendeds above were very helpful as when I wanted to implement different items I could compare to reccomended items since they showed me kind of what this character needs and it made it easy to understand. having them as they are now separate and boxed and prices, it looks like clutter and doesn't exactly give the chance while in a game to read them and compare. Again yes I know it is possible to read items out of game and look up builds on mobafire. But most people (especially new people) are going to work with what is available in game, and will want to adapt a build of their own to their own play style.

The active items I do like having these options but I don't want them to ever get very powered or having big effects because LoL should not turn into a button spam game every team fight. So I'm not complaining on what is out right now really, it's more of please don't get carried away with this.

Now there are plenty of things I would like to praise about some of the new items and changes but you are going to get plenty of that from everyone else. I just wanted to make a constructed and thought out complaint/think about that could be heard and understood better than "This sucks" or "I hate the way this looks"

I love LoL I have been a die hard fan since I found it (around same time Ahri came out) and I don't want it to stop being LoL. I just really want Morello and all the other designers and developers to think about this. LoL made it for a reason, please keep that reason alive and well to keep people here and new people coming.

~Appull

Slowd0wnimwhite

12-05-2012

I personally like the update except for the changes for items. You took most of the items away and of course replaced them but i feel we are still missing a lot of items that we used to have. I miss having the old items and dont really like the new ones.