December MCCC - Christmas Cheer!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prototypetwo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObscureClockwork View Post
I haven't heard from kaotics at all, so actually, im going to change naught or nice a bit
im going to add a requirement of 1 skill that has a different effect on allies and enemies

Sorry, if i screw up anyone's current champion, but the no aura/aoe is an odd thing, and im adding the extra part now so it has a smaller impact than if i had done it later

Have fun!
That sounds good. Having no aura/self centered AoE is a perfectly clear requirement, and the addition fits the theme well.

Now, in terms of that addition, I'm pretty sure you can read my mind. Or my notebook. And I think I will in fact enter a champion rather than judge unless you're hung out to dry alone. Now I just need to figure out an ultimate...

Luninareph

12-04-2012

I had a feeling you might make that kind of decision, Obscure XD; Glad I decided to stick that in my design from the get-go, just in case.

Katsuni

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObscureClockwork View Post
I haven't heard from kaotics at all, so actually, im going to change naught or nice a bit
im going to add a requirement of 1 skill that has a different effect on allies and enemies

Sorry, if i screw up anyone's current champion, but the no aura/aoe is an odd thing, and im adding the extra part now so it has a smaller impact than if i had done it later

Have fun!
Somehow not surprised. Fortunately, I'd already added such to my champion at a basic level since it made sense whether it was an official rule or not XD

Munkey20

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

I'm not really sure how to incorporate the new challenge into my current skills. I had a thought about adding any allies that are hit by the dash of Piltover Pusher gain bonus MS, but it seems kind of lazy. Can one of the judges let me know if that would work? If not I don't mind spending some time working up another ability that will fit the challenge. There are plenty of tech options out there I could use to hurt enemies and help allies.

ObscureClockwork

12-05-2012

well, atm, im the only judge, and that would work
i should probably change the wording to reflect that?

it is a difference between hitting an ally and an enemy, so it counts

Raptamei

12-05-2012

Christmas Cheer question:
You mention the champion should "embody" gift giving, but useTF as an example. TF mostly gives exploding cards to his enemies and just happens to have a passive that doesn't suit his kit and increases team gold.

So: to what degree does a champion need to "embody" gift giving? Because this could range from "Lux because she can shield people" to "must be Santa Claus".

Naughty/Nice question:
Is a global passive a forbidden "self centred aura"?

Naughty/Nice question:
When you say an "ability" must have a different effect depending on whether it is cast on an ally or enemy, do you mean a spell (as in something you click to cast) or an ability button? For instance Nidalee's heal in human form is a nuke in cougar form, would this qualify?

NA Rukhron

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptamei View Post
Naughty/Nice question:
Is a global passive a forbidden "self centred aura"?
Technically global effect are auras of infinite range. On the other hand one could argue it is actually a universal effect that hasn't exactly a "center" as it can't be cointained or have its boundaries determined to find it (Like the laws of gravity, it applies to everything without a source point).

Katsuni

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA Rukhron View Post
Technically global effect are auras of infinite range. On the other hand one could argue it is actually a universal effect that hasn't exactly a "center" as it can't be cointained or have its boundaries determined to find it (Like the laws of gravity, it applies to everything without a source point).
Clarification on this matter would be nice, since I kind of have a global effect present in my kit at the moment.

Since it's "global", it's not really centered on a single individual, and due to being a short duration, it's not really an aura, either.

Still, this can be changed if so needed, but it'd be nice to know if it's deemed in conflict or not.

Necamijat

12-05-2012

Here goes, not exactly the kind of thing you would expect from a gift-giver:

Sjel, The Soul Binder

Lore
They say a soul is something that can be measured. They say it's something that can be seen. And they said every person has a unique soul. But no one has said that a soul can be split and joined, pushed and pulled, stolen or given to someone. And they should have. Because that is exactly what Sjel is doing.
Sjel had a twin brother at birth, but his brother passed away shortly after being born. That moment, everyone could see a green glow emanating from the dead brother to the alive one. Some believe that during this time, the souls of the brothers united in a single body, to live together until their demise. Some, however, believe that Sjel's soul only stole parts of his brother's soul that it could find useful. All everyone knows is that when souls bonded, Sjel now had the ability to shape the souls of nearby living beings in a way he himself finds enjoyable. But the soul of his brother (or parts of it that were in Sjel's body) kept crawing for final resting peace, for liberation from another man's body. The thing Sjel couldn't achieve, even with his great powers, is spliting his soul from his brother's and giving him everlasting peace.
Becoming a teenager, Sjel went to the mountains, training in a forest, completely out of sight from every other human on Valoran. When he returned as a grown man, he was closer to his goal. He had more control, but still hasn't forgotten his goal. He was eager to help those in need, and could bolster a man's abilities by adding a bit of his own soul into them, for a short time. He could fight back when attacked by stealing away parts of his attackers' souls. He became the defender of people and magic, with no one knowing his true goals. Words of his deeds quickly got to summoners in the Institute of War, and Sjel himself learned more of the powerful establishment that League of Legends became, and all of it's members. He joined the League in hopes of finding someone who can help him achieve his goals, and now fights on the Fields of Justice as a champion.

Stats
HP: 452(+86) HP/5: 7(+1)
MP: 276(+54) MP/5: 6.4(+0.64)
AD: 48(+3.2) AS: 0.644(+2.7%)
Armor: 13(+3.5) MR: 30(+1.25)
MS: 350 Range: 175

"Tags": Support, Mage, Fighter, Melee

Innate(Passive): Essence Transfer
Whenever Sjel deals damage to a champion, he steals 1% of target's maximum health (Caps at 4+2*level).
{Counts as healing, target loses 1% of their max health. Applied after actual damage, cannot kill.}

Q: Spirit Pulse {Target ally champion, affects all enemy units in 300 AoE of the target, Mana cost: 40, Health Cost: 20, Range: 550, Cooldown: 0.75 seconds}
Passive: Every 7 seconds (affected by cooldown reduction), Sjel readies a Spirit Pulse charge. Can store up to 2/3/4/5/6 charges. For each charge, Sjel gains 5 movement speed.
Active: Soul Binder releases a charge at a friendly champion (can be cast on self), healing him for 30 (+0.1 AP) and dealing 60 (+0.2 AP) magical damage to enemies around the target. Damage to an enemy champion returns as aditional 20 (+ 1/15 of AP) healing to the ally. Applies a Stack of Soulblessed to the ally.
Soulblessed: Receives 7% more healing from aditional Spirit pulses and gains 7 Armor and Magic resistance, per stack. Stacks indefinitely, refreshes duration. Lasts 3 seconds.
{Does not interrupt previous commands, can be cast while moving.}

W: Dual-soul {Target ally champion, Mana cost: 70, Health cost: 70, Range: 600, Cooldown: 18/16/14/12/10 seconds}
Passive: Increases your health regeneration by 10/20/30/40/50 % of your mana regeneration.
Active: Casts Embeded Soul on an ally or self for 5 seconds. Sjel loses 25% of his health and mana regeneration for 5 seconds.
Embeded Soul: Increases health and mana regeneration by 75% of Soul Binder's health and mana regenerations respectively. Aditionaly, you receive 40 % of the healing Soul Binder receives and are granted Essence Transfer's effect. The buff is in effect only while in combat.
(Casting on self gives you an increase of 50% to regeneration and 40% to healing and doubles your innate's effect).
{Check for combat is done every second. If out of combat, effects won't apply, but the buff won't be removed until the duration times out.}

E: Soul Burn {Target enemy champion, hits enemies in 400 AoE around the target, Mana cost: 70/75/80/85/90, Health cost: 50, Range: 600, Cooldown: 13/12/11/10/9 seconds}
Sjel burns the soul of the enemy, stunning it for 0.7 seconds, dealing 70/100/130/160/190 (+0.6 AP) true damage and applying Soul Burned to all enemies around the target (including itself) for 2/2.5/3/3.5/4 seconds.
Soul Burned: 50% of healing and regeneration are transfered to Soul Binder, and true damage is taken every second equal to 500% of Sjel's health regeneration per second. Whenever hit by a Spirit Pulse, you are stunned for 0.3 seconds.
{"Transfer" means that the target loses 50% of their regeneration and healing. Debuff description translates to stunning the spell's target(s). Damages only the primary target.}

R: Beyond the Veil {Target champion, Mana cost: 100/125/150, Health cost: 15% of current HP, Range: 700, Cooldown: 100/80/60 seconds}
Soul binder deals 100/200/300 (+ 0.4 AP) (+300% of HP regen/5 seconds) (+150% of HP used to cast this spell) magical damage to a target champion (cannot be cast on self, and cannot kill the target). If the target is an ally, removes all debuffs and heals him for 35% of the damage dealt by this skill every second. If the target is an enemy, slows by 30% and deals aditional 20% of the damage dealt by this skill every second. Lasts 6 seconds.
{Debuffs are removed from an ally only upon cast.}

CLARIFICATIONS FOR CHALLENGE
Christmas cheer/gift giving: He is a melee support or a fighter, 3 of his spells are used to buff the survivability of your allies, while each makes you lose some of your survivability in return.
Naughty or Nice: None of his abilities are auras, whereas Spirit pulse has an AoE around the target. His ultimate ability heals allies and damages enemies. Removal or application of CC is also dependent of whether target is an ally or an enemy. Spirit pulse also utilises similar mechanism.
That big old sack: Spirit pulse relies on charges, and each charge gives passive bonuses.

Luninareph

12-05-2012

Oh, Clockwork, another clarification, if we may. "Your champion is not allowed to have an aura or self centered aoe effect." What about an AOE attack that can target any ally, including yourself? For example, Karma's Mantra'd Soul Shield is an AOE that she can cast on any ally, but she can also cast it on herself. Is that kind of thing allowed? (Specifically I'm worried about my W, if you wanted to check the particular champion. Strenna, page 1. Spell is called Cassonade.)