Source of homosexuality

Homosexuality is a choice, but people want to avoid the responsibility of it, so they deny it. 9 34.62%
It is genetic, it is something that happens upon conception or birth, not choice 13 50.00%
It is neither genetic nor choice, it is His will. 4 15.38%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Do you think homosexuality is genetic or a choice?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sokadikos

12-04-2012

I'm gay myself, I tried to convince me it was a choice, but it wasn't for me, I have no sexual attraction to females, I tried to have *** with girls, but I did not feel aroused at all, I wanted to convince myself I was attracted to females because my parents told me that it was evil and bad to be gay.

I always felt attracted to males, I just find them more attractive, the more masculine a man is, the more attractive I will find him. And to those who are saying that gays play with Barbies and **** like that. Guess what? Not every gay is a stereotypical flamboyant gay, some are regular men that can act and talk about any subject a regular man can talk about.

And if you think homosexuality is a choice, I have news for you, you are bisexual, if you think you can chose who you are NATURALLY attracted to...

standin

12-04-2012

The last time you made this topic you got owned Ssraeshza. Give up dude.

CatchandKiss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Regardless of whether actually being gay is a choice or not, I think the thing for **** to note is acting gay still is. So long as you still bring honor to your family by making babbys in heterosexual marriages y'all can be as gay or as straight as you'd like.

Kohana Sushi

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchandkiss View Post
regardless of whether actually being gay is a choice or not, i think the thing for **** to note is acting gay still is. So long as you still bring honor to your family by making babbys in heterosexual marriage y'all can be as gay or as straight as you'd like.
ಠ_ಠ

Sokadikos

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatchandKiss View Post
Regardless of whether actually being gay is a choice or not, I think the thing for **** to note is acting gay still is. So long as you still bring honor to your family by making babbys in heterosexual marriage y'all can be as gay or as straight as you'd like.
what the hell? What is someone want to make babies, but don't want to get married?

As for the first part of your post, I have no clue at what the hell you tried to say...

CatchandKiss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokadikos View Post
what the hell? What is someone want to make babies, but don't want to get married?

As for the first part of your post, I have no clue at what the hell you tried to say...
Then shame on them for that as well for being selfish and irresponsible. Babbys made outside of marriages are extremely disadvantaged.

NiksBrotha

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elan Tedronai View Post
This, but for other reasons.

Genetic predisposition can't really be used as a defense for the acceptability of any set of actions that can be influenced by choice. Bob is genetically predisposed to be an alcoholic. Should being an alcoholic be socially acceptable? Susan is genetically predisposed to be sexually attracted to young children. Should pedophilia be socially acceptable?

I don't say such to compare homosexuality with alcoholism or pedophilia. I say this to point out the logical flaw in using genetics as a defense for action. There are other, more logical defenses to homosexuality than riding the coattails of genetics.
But I never used that in defense for any wrong actions that negatively impact others' life. That's an assumption you made. I just said that being Gay shouldn't affect how you are treated within society. You should be treated fairly and equally. No special privileges or what not.

DeathByWaffle

12-04-2012

I think genetics does influence all traits, but I think choice is the far bigger factor.

For example, a person can be genetically predisposed to get fatter than other people more easily, but he could still be totally fit and buff if he decides to work out actively.

DeathByWaffle

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiksBrotha View Post
But I never used that in defense for any wrong actions that negatively impact others' life. That's an assumption you made. I just said that being Gay shouldn't affect how you are treated within society. You should be treated fairly and equally. No special privileges or what not.
That's not what he's saying. What he's saying is that genetics shouldn't be used to defend the acceptability of anything (in this case, homosexuality) because it accepts the fact that traits are completely genetically hardwired into humans. If that is the case, then it makes no sense that we socially persecute alcoholics or pedophiles because it can easily be argued that those are also simply genetic traits.

In other words, he's saying the argument of genetics is a slippery slope.

Aliath

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathByWaffle View Post
That's not what he's saying. What he's saying is that genetics shouldn't be used to defend the acceptability of anything (in this case, homosexuality) because it accepts the fact that traits are completely genetically hardwired into humans. If that is the case, then it makes no sense that we socially persecute alcoholics or pedophiles because it can easily be argued that those are also simply genetic traits.

In other words, he's saying the argument of genetics is a slippery slope.
These are such good points. I love equating homosexuals with alcoholics and pedophiles. It is a good comparison. I think black people didn't choose to stay in the sun to get so dark, but they definitely chose to eat fried chicken. There may be a genetic link, but it is a slippery slope. Regardless, society shouldn't accept their chicken eating based on any of those terms.