IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Town Park Radio

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Attitudes like yours are what get people special extra permission to break the rules. When I play basketball I don;t get to break the rules and you know what? Neither did Latrell Sprewell. Top or bottom end of competition, all of our teams abide by the same rules. There were literally DOZENS of teams who played by the rules, all of them. If someone on Dignitas should have been banned but wasn;t until later, that means everyone they knocked out before they lost themselves was cheated, and they were cheated _by Riot_.

SqueezeMeGently

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
They specifically said he had ~300% more reports than the other toxic pros.
What's 300% of zero? Him being MORE toxic doesn't mean a thing. If Riot only banned the 'more toxic' players (Like they used to do with regular players.) then there wouldn't be such a big stink raised here by a few people. A few people like me.

The fact is, anything but sunshine and daisies is getting people banned right now, and a LOT of the professional players are much worse that. This is one pro player being banned as a stunt. You know what else? It's working. People are actually commenting about how pro players are not receiving special treatment. Clearly, had they read the posts made by Riot here it would be clear nothing about this isn't special.

Let me know when another pro player gets banned Riot, because there are others who deserve it. The only thing you're going to do by banning one is show me how much bull you are trying to feed people.

Potencial

12-04-2012

miuahuahua good one

Blindsorcerer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Dunked.

Infractus Animus

12-04-2012

Wow. I'm impressed. Well done Riot ^.^

SneakyAdolf

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
For a player to even get into the Tribunal they have to have received dozens or hundreds of reports by players that are 'neutral' or 'positive' in the community..
You're a god damn liar.

SgtSarros

12-04-2012

A couple things people don't quite understand, so I am going to help explain a bit.

His accounts are perma-banned. FOREVER. Well 200 years or so, but that's close enough. Riot is not unbanning them after 365 days.

When they say he is banned from eSports for 1 year is people can make new accounts ( in fact some people do learn their lesson after a permaban and improve ), and Riot has mentioned before they have tools to detect smurf accounts. However, even if they make a new account, they cannot qualify on a team for any eSports event.

I Am Spock

12-04-2012

-Wastes an hour of her life reading 40+ pages of this.-

I'm at a loss. I can't quite grasp why 30% of the people on this thread are against this ban. Seriously? Can you not see the logic in this? In Riot posting a warning for others? Sure, a million people can troll everyday...but this guy must have been trolling the entire twenty-two hours that he was signed on for so many people to have reported him, in the first place.

It's one thing when some average-joe trolls. But when a pro player, that everyone knows, trolls? That's completely different (and I do believe that all trolls should probably be banned, if they make a point to troll just because someone isn't as blessed in skill as they are). And like it or not, the pros of LoL -do- set the view for the company. So, he gets what he deserves. Maybe he'll learn to get off his high horse and not take things for granted.

Just sayin'...

AlexDnD2

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkyCrystal View Post
-Wastes an hour of her life reading 40+ pages of this.-

I'm at a loss. I can't quite grasp why 30% of the people on this thread are against this ban. Seriously? Can you not see the logic in this? In Riot posting a warning for others? Sure, a million people can troll everyday...but this guy must have been trolling the entire twenty-two hours that he was signed on for so many people to have reported him, in the first place.

It's one thing when some average-joe trolls. But when a pro player, that everyone knows, trolls? That's completely different (and I do believe that all trolls should probably be banned, if they make a point to troll just because someone isn't as blessed in skill as they are). And like it or not, the pros of LoL -do- set the view for the company. So, he gets what he deserves. Maybe he'll learn to get off his high horse and not take things for granted.

Just sayin'...
Cus sports is about seeing the BEST play against the BEST. Not the BEST who are nice vs. the BEST who are nice. But the absolute BEST.

FargoneMyth

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarkhon View Post
He was permabanned. Yet, in one year, his permanent ban will be lifted.... He can create a different account, like others who get permabanned, but yet, Riot has the opportunity to ban him from competitive League of Legends for his actions within the community, and somehow manages to drop the ball. It's not hard. Perma-ban. Permanent. As in, forever. Not, forever until 365 days later when it is no longer permanent.

Ban him for life. That will send a very resounding and very CLEAR message to the other pro's. Don't do it. Trolling is NOT an option.
You idiots don't seem to get it. His ACCOUNTS are permanently banned. The person himself will be allowed to play in 1 year's time.