Feedback on the state of 'Bottom Lane'

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Wasn't Irelia demolished by Jayce at the tournament before last?
Not sure, but i can crush Jayce's top lane with Irelia at the 1600-1700 rating through this method. Irelia must be camped by the enemy jungler to be stopped, which is what might have happened.

Quote:
Assuming the top players will always play to win, we also need to demonstrate that the status quo is not optimal.
If i had 4 players that would follow my every whim without question i could try out some strategies. But remember, no one likes losing, so it's difficult to deviate from the current meta of 4 top 1 bot in solo queue. It's much like why SR has bruiser top, AP mid, Tank jungle and ADC/Support Bot in solo queue. The only time you see different is in tournies.

Quote:
Empower the bottom lane rewards. It's the easiest tower to defend and take back. If it's worth more than the other towers, then more players will focus on it instead of Windmill.
I disagree with the bolded part. Mid is the easiest tower to defend and take back because of how far it is from the enemy base. Aside from that, providing better objectives is a good way to start fights in other areas outside of Windmill.

PerfectBlend

12-04-2012

I always play bottom lane either a pushy mage like Zyra... or most of the time the ad carry.. Ad Carry with Grazx lantern pushes bottom like craaazy. Its kinda op so far. Lifesteal, Armor, and bonus minion dmg ftw

Redenbacher

12-04-2012

I think Grez's Lantern will serve to be a band-aid. It might make more champions viable in bottom lane, but it doesn't fix the fact that bottom lane is just that; a lane.

Strong AD bot laners, like Jayce and Yorick, will just be more powerful with that item, I think.

@Nyx - Good point. I'll edit my post.

Rikukun

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bierfaust View Post
You mean stale like a typical lane on SR?

That is sort of inevitable, the lane will always become about trading, farming or diving and killing. That's pretty much how it goes, the only way to mix it up is to gank, but due to the proximity of the towers to the base, makes it unfeesable most times. A great way to fix this would be a map restructure. Have a single ramp out in front, with the first point a fairly generous distance from the base and then have the map split into it's circular form. That way a gank on bot, assuming both people survive, would actually be worth while as you could cap the point before the enemy returns, unless they revive. (which is sitll a good trade because you can just gank again in 2 mins and they ownt have revive)
Another way to spice things up would be to have more quests pop during games, and also give different buffs.
I agree that it is inevitable as things are set up now, which is why I think it would be nice if things were set up in a different way to stop that, as you attempted to suggest.

One thing I thought of was possibly for bot lane only giving you incentives to be more agressive. Perhaps from more gold for kills, or by making rewards for turret diving the opponent if you kill them, or making rewards for not camping on or near your turret for long periods of time.

RickyRickz

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectBlend View Post
I always play bottom lane either a pushy mage like Zyra... or most of the time the ad carry.. Ad Carry with Grazx lantern pushes bottom like craaazy. Its kinda op so far. Lifesteal, Armor, and bonus minion dmg ftw
Hmm would it work in combo with the Hurricane?

MyDeadGrandma

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
I think Grez's Lantern will serve to be a band-aid. It might make more champions viable in bottom lane, but it doesn't fix the fact that bottom lane is just that; a lane.

Strong AD bot laners, like Jayce and Yorick, will just be more powerful with that item, I think.

@Nyx - Good point. I'll edit my post.
Strong bot heroes like Yorick and Jayce never had any trouble pushing their lanes to begin with. Seems like they wouldn't need it.

bierfaust

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDeadGrandma View Post
Strong bot heroes like Yorick and Jayce never had any trouble pushing their lanes to begin with. Seems like they wouldn't need it.
Honestly we could see another BFT issue emerging. Giving an item to the average/sub par Champs to balance things out, but when the top tier Champs get it they run a muck.

Redenbacher

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDeadGrandma View Post

Basically what bierfaust said. They don't need it, but it only makes them better at what they're already good at. If Ashe goes bottom, and buys Grez's Lantern, and she's against Yorick who also buys Grez's Lantern - Ashe is still not going to be able to compete against that kind of pushing. She basically needs the item just to help stave it off, but the enemy pusher with the item will always do better. Not the best example, I know... but those were the first two champions that came to mind!

Time will tell - I certainly could be/hope I'm wrong.

DiscworldDeath

12-05-2012

My real issue with Grez is the lack of anything for it to build into. With the passive gold gain, an early laning item with nothing to build into is definitely not as hot on Dominion.

I'd get it against an enemy Talon bot lane though.

BeefJerkyHunter

12-05-2012

Nasus doesn't work.
I don't like it anymore.