IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SqueezeMeGently

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llann View Post
It's wrong to ask for special treatment for a pro-player.

It's especially wrong to ask for it when the team in question is barely functional, in a pro scene that is astonishing competitive and vibrant at the moment.
Clearly it isn't. They're giving him special treatment right at their first post. Load of bull.

Fukaro

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronicleX View Post
How is this a permaban if you are only banning him for a year? Not to be picky but a year's suspension is not a permaban.
perma ban account. one year ban from competitive play.

RYOThatesme

12-04-2012

They have 100-20,000 people watching them! They say a ton of ****, laugh at people, call them noobs and everything, but then I get banned for calling 1 person a noob in from of 9 people. Why do you favor them! WHY DO YOU FAVOR THEM! HOW CAN YOU FAVOR THEM? WHERE IN THE SUMMONERS CODE DOES IT SAY "YOU ARE EXEMPT FROM ALL OF THESE CODES IF YOU ARE PROMOTING OUR PRODUCT" Where in the **** does it say this riot?

You tell us to follow the summoners code, then you don't act fairly to us? Why don't you follow your own code instead of holding us to a standard that not even you guys can meet?

Riot! Why won't you follow your own code?!? You tell us to do it, why are streamers exempt! TELL ME WHY THEY DONT GET BANNED WHEN THEY DONT FOLLOW THE SUMMONERS CODE BUT I DO!

Hear our cries riot! You should not be aloud to ban only people that don't promote your product! You as a company, should hold everyone to the same standards, you should no make exceptions for these streamers! THEY ARE THE ONES WITH THE MOST INFLUENCE! Honestly, what if I started streaming, promoted smoking pot, and got all the kids to do it with me. Is there nothing you could do because I didn't do it in game? Would you just let me continue promoting the use of drugs with your game as a catalyst?

Are you dodging the fact that they signed the summoners code? That just because they promote your game they get exemptions. NO, so keep your word and ban the rest of them!

Cllorox

12-04-2012

I would just like to address all the complaints about Riot's timing/ announcing this ban over others. Think for a minute folks. This is a high profile professional player of this fine game we all enjoy. If the news was released by either Dominate or Dignitas then there would be an uproar over why this man was banned. Riot is avoiding this mayhem by being completely honest with you... and you're upset? This is an issue we all would've found out soon enough and I'm glad Riot handled it in this manner. This way, we all are aware of the circumstances and shows definitively that no one is above the Summoner's Code.

Numot

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
This was a collaboration between eSports and Player Behavior. eSports had multiple meetings and discussions with relevant parties on both sides before they made a decision on the verdict and the timing. I'm not as involved in the timing side of things, so I can't speak to it.
I think I know why its the only thing that makes sense.

They timed it for preseason because they are punishing IWillDominate, not his team. His team did not rage and harrass players in games, he did. So, logically they banned him in preseason, thus allowing his team to finish Season 2 with its current roster and then find a replacement before Season 3. This way they do not miss any tournaments due to their teammates rage.

SqueezeMeGently

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cllorox View Post
This way, we all are aware of the circumstances and shows definitively that no one is above the Summoner's Code.
Except other vitrolic pro players who weren't selected to be the PR sacrifice.

Town Park Radio

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SqueezeMeGently View Post
For the same reason a lot of other people have played the game for a long time and are only now catching bans.

Riot is making a show of 'cracking down tm' and he's just another victim. They let the community grow exactly the way it is, and now they are punishing people who believed fully their behavior was tolerable. Maybe not polite and proper, but not inexcusable in a game managed by Riot.

Probably should have let him know they weren't entirely full of bull anymore. Had they done that though, no scapegoat.
You act like lack of enforcement is ever reason to ignore the rules you agreed to. Your own word should have been enough.

PessimiStick

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wosie View Post
So just curious why do you broadcast his ban and not other peoples bans? Espically disclosing private information, aka his name. Granted, a good portion of people may already know it but this seems highly unprofesional then simply stating pro players are held to the same standards and that (1) had been banned for being toxic.

Im not sure how contracts with teams are laid out but this pretty bad to ban someone from a game then release their real name to million of people, essentialy blacklisting the person and can be construde as attack on the person.
His name is public, as he is a professional player. They *can* disclose bans on anyone they want to, they just choose not to as a general policy.

They chose to broadcast this one both as proof that the system applies to everyone, and possibly as a "warning shot" to other pros with toxic tendencies.

TDR Baby Firefly

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

good! after watching him rage in the finals at his team i say. see ya later!

PessimiStick

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SqueezeMeGently View Post
Except other vitrolic pro players who weren't selected to be the PR sacrifice.
They specifically said he had ~300% more reports than the other toxic pros.