Alarac, The Son of Death

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zarkof

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

For your Darkness, having 0 passive regen is not a good idea as it makes your champion completely reliant on last hitting. Imagine a new player trying to pick up the game and they come across this champion. They won't be able to last hit effectively and would be completely resource starved the entire game. This gives your champion too high of a skill requirement.

The passive health gain from Minion kills makes his sustain unparalleled. Every creep wave you last hit you'd effectively be getting a free health potion. Tone down the hp on creep kill.

Next thing I noticed is that you only give 4 ranks of scaling. Change this. Some other things you might want to consider are using the terms "Bonus AD" or "25% total AD" instead of "non-base AD" and "0.25 per AD" for clarity.

Q: You say taunt, then you say fear. Which is it?

W: Very Lackluster. You should tie it in with his passive. Reduce its darkness cost to 0 and cause it to apply a mark-type-debuff that, when triggered by your auto attack, restores darkness. Or, have it be like a "Dark Siphon" that causes you to regenerate Darkness for every enemy hit, but try not to make it too much like Mordekaiser's Siphon of Destruction.

E: Does not fit his kit. You need some sort of mobility or survivability skill here. Take a look at every other melee champion. They have some kind of movement buff/debuff, dash/blink, or tanky steroid.

R: Your skeletons' movement speeds are too low. Any champion with boots will be able to outrun them. Increase it by a large amount or give them an on-hit slow like Decrepify or something

5/10
Needs a lot of work. Hopefully this will help you out.

If you would since you offered... here is Rennal Spiritmight, the Bookworm

DarthDevor

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryoshell17 View Post
Alrighty...Let's get right into it.

Passive : Built-in life-steal. Always nice to have.

Q : Interesting ability. Doesn't do a lot but it does taunt them (although you also said it fears them.) good way to set them up for something bad.

W : I'd buff this up a bit. Doesn't really scale that well and it costs too much once fully leveled while still not doing very much.

E : A nice DoT. Good amount of damage but that's a really long cooldown at early levels. Talon's DoT's CD is only 8 seconds at level 1 for a comparison.

R : Two Tibber's are better then one! :3 They do a solid amount of damage and the fact that they persist after you die will make the enemy team rage if you kill them. :3

All and all. Not a bad idea. Buff up your W and shorten the CD on your E and he'll be golden.
Thanks for the review. In the Qs chase I changed from a from a fear to a taunt, and I thought I deleted the fear, but that was my idea.
I have taken all of your suggestions into consideration. By the way his passive isn't really life steal, but he gains HP for killing champions minions, and monsters.

DarthDevor

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarkof View Post
For your Darkness, having 0 passive regen is not a good idea as it makes your champion completely reliant on last hitting. Imagine a new player trying to pick up the game and they come across this champion. They won't be able to last hit effectively and would be completely resource starved the entire game. This gives your champion too high of a skill requirement.

The passive health gain from Minion kills makes his sustain unparalleled. Every creep wave you last hit you'd effectively be getting a free health potion. Tone down the hp on creep kill.

Next thing I noticed is that you only give 4 ranks of scaling. Change this. Some other things you might want to consider are using the terms "Bonus AD" or "25% total AD" instead of "non-base AD" and "0.25 per AD" for clarity.

Q: You say taunt, then you say fear. Which is it?

W: Very Lackluster. You should tie it in with his passive. Reduce its darkness cost to 0 and cause it to apply a mark-type-debuff that, when triggered by your auto attack, restores darkness. Or, have it be like a "Dark Siphon" that causes you to regenerate Darkness for every enemy hit, but try not to make it too much like Mordekaiser's Siphon of Destruction.

E: Does not fit his kit. You need some sort of mobility or survivability skill here. Take a look at every other melee champion. They have some kind of movement buff/debuff, dash/blink, or tanky steroid.

R: Your skeletons' movement speeds are too low. Any champion with boots will be able to outrun them. Increase it by a large amount or give them an on-hit slow like Decrepify or something

5/10
Needs a lot of work. Hopefully this will help you out.

If you would since you offered... here is Rennal Spiritmight, the Bookworm
Thanks, I have taken your suggestions into consideration. I came up with this champion to really test the skill of a player, so it wouldn't be like another garen(who I enjoy playing) or another warwick who really require very little skill because to many champions who a melee are like that. So I wanted to make him difficult, but I do see where you are coming from, and will consider changes.
Thanks for The review and I will review your champion this weekend along with editing mine.

Breylin

12-05-2012

I'm not a fan of "The Notorious Killer" as the name for your Q. It could be personal preference but since the ability is more of a taunt than a true damage burst kill move, I would rename it. It also sounds a LIL silly, but again that's just me. Some alternative suggestions: Dance of Death, Reaper's Blade, The Underdark etc

I do agree with other posters that the CDs are a bit too long, especially on the E. Unless you plan on building as much CDR as a Sona, which might sacrifice some damage potential, I would reduce the CDR and maybe lessen the initial damage, but increase the bleed damage. Devoting your Q for a "true" damage skill and the E as a bleed may be more effective than trying to do both in one.

Your champion sounds good other than that, but I'm a very visual oriented person. If I can't see any concept art it will be hard for me to get a true sense of your champion.

DarthDevor

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breylin View Post
I'm not a fan of "The Notorious Killer" as the name for your Q. It could be personal preference but since the ability is more of a taunt than a true damage burst kill move, I would rename it. It also sounds a LIL silly, but again that's just me. Some alternative suggestions: Dance of Death, Reaper's Blade, The Underdark etc

I do agree with other posters that the CDs are a bit too long, especially on the E. Unless you plan on building as much CDR as a Sona, which might sacrifice some damage potential, I would reduce the CDR and maybe lessen the initial damage, but increase the bleed damage. Devoting your Q for a "true" damage skill and the E as a bleed may be more effective than trying to do both in one.

Your champion sounds good other than that, but I'm a very visual oriented person. If I can't see any concept art it will be hard for me to get a true sense of your champion.
Alright, thank for the review. As like you am not gifted with art, so I stick to drawing weapons, and armor, along with eyes, but past that I am Okay. I have used art in other champs but have not made a real picture of Alarac yet so I will do that this week end.

To all people I said this weekend to earlier I am going to be those shortly, so ya...

DarthDevor

12-06-2012

Anyone want to review. A thumbs down doesn't really help me, but I get not everyone has time to review, but if anyone does, please review.

DarthDevor

12-08-2012

bump

DarthDevor

12-08-2012

Bump

DarthDevor

12-09-2012

Bump

DarthDevor

12-09-2012

Anyone want to reveiw this?