About the new shop HUD...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Neko tan

12-04-2012

I was hoping that in the PBE testing you'd come to realize that having to click more times means wasted movement and more time shopping instead of playing.

This is not what you want.

Why exactly do you need to dedicate like 1/6 of the shop window to a thick blue bar with your gold count in the middle? Why can't you just load up a custom build in that bar so I don't have to click three times and move my mouse to buy a piece of Infinity Edge or something?

It looks nice, and overall is better, but there are so many little things that make the live design pretty sub par.

tl;dr - put recommended items on top and in recommended.

0Mint0

12-04-2012

Great idea, its annoying we have to click off of the recommended items to buy something better.

LowPolyCount

Associate Flash Engineer

12-04-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

The bar at the top of the shop is there so you can grab and move the item shop around. We did this because it's the same way that you move screens around in your operating system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Mint0 View Post
Great idea, its annoying we have to click off of the recommended items to buy something better.
If you press tab, you'll switch from the recommended pane to the all items view. We're still iterating on keyboard navigation.

18X Jake

12-04-2012

I find the new interface to be a bit of an eyesore... It looks pretty, but overall bulky and it's unnecessary for most of the stuff hanging off of the relevant information.

The shop seems to be a bit laggy, I know it is release day but still clicks don't seem to be registering on the first try for me. The old shop I could double-click an item to buy it from the side pane, but in this shop it takes the first double-click and opens up the item builds for that particular item, then I have to do it again to buy it.

I'm sure this has already been said but chat could be larger.

An option to revert back to the original HUD.

Zielmann

12-04-2012

Can we please get the option to scale down the size of the shop?

It may not be an issue on 16:9 monitors (I've not seen it on one to know), but I feel like it takes up the entire screen on my 4:3 (1280x1024). If I put the top left corner of the shop in the top left corner of the screen, I still can't see almost half of the minimap. I play support, usually with a premade group. When I'm shopping, I'm also always keeping one eye on the minimap to act as a second pair of eyes to watch for ganks and such in other lanes. I cannot do this with the current size of the shop.

DAVdaBRAV

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowPolyCount View Post
The bar at the top of the shop is there so you can grab and move the item shop around. We did this because it's the same way that you move screens around in your operating system.

If you press tab, you'll switch from the recommended pane to the all items view. We're still iterating on keyboard navigation.
Move it where exactly? I hate to sound like a naysayer because the new shop interface is fantastic, but if I can't re-size it I can't play this game anymore. It's so large that no matter where you move it, it still covers part of every other part of the interface.
You can't see:
  • The minimap
  • chat
  • your teammate icons
  • your own health bar
  • anything really.
The worst part is that you can still hear the audio, and your teams pings and whatnot, but instead of keeping you updated while you shop, that auditory information is now distracting.

Maybe the worst part is that it takes so much longer to select and buy items and get out. Finding items may be easier, but it's slower because you have to move your mouse all the way across the screen several times to do it.

The bottom line is it's taking 20 seconds or so longer from start to purchase even though the items are easier to search for. Please scale the shop window down so it's about the same size as the other one.

ScaryPandaBear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhüüm View Post
I find the new interface to be a bit of an eyesore... It looks pretty, but overall bulky and it's unnecessary for most of the stuff hanging off of the relevant information.

The shop seems to be a bit laggy, I know it is release day but still clicks don't seem to be registering on the first try for me. The old shop I could double-click an item to buy it from the side pane, but in this shop it takes the first double-click and opens up the item builds for that particular item, then I have to do it again to buy it.

I agree with this. I personally don't like the new changes. The navigation I think was much easier to go through and find stuff faster.

Tsurikaya

12-04-2012

I agree, i don't hate the shop but it is difficult to get to things and would take some time to get used to. So i do agree to have a button or a download to change the shop back and add the new items too it etc.

Ciel Phàntomhive

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowPolyCount View Post

I pressed Tab key, but it didn't work for me O.o?
I like the new shop tho.
I just need some time to get used to it =)

LawlessRipjaws

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhüüm View Post

I would like to be able to go back to the old one that would be a good choice to put in the options.