IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

12-04-2012
8 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasako View Post
if this is true then why do the majority of cases that I review only consist of one or two games where only one person reported the person in the tribunal? that doesn't agree with your post
The number of games in the Tribunal Case does not reflect how many reports/games it took you to get into the Tribunal.

Let's say a player gets reported 100 times in 100 games. An absurdly high number. The Tribunal then begins building a case for the player. The Tribunal would then randomly sample the player's recent match history and pull a few recent games--it could be 1-5, but this number is not related to how many games or reports got you into Tribunal to begin with.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kari Arisu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
This was a collaboration between eSports and Player Behavior. eSports had multiple meetings and discussions with relevant parties on both sides before they made a decision on the verdict and the timing. I'm not as involved in the timing side of things, so I can't speak to it.
Having an argument with a friend here, does Riot have the legal rights to do this?
Is there anything IWD could possibly gain out of a lawsuit or anything here?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SLRMercedes

Senior Member

12-04-2012

@Lyte, what is your avatar (like what lore/champion skin did it come from?)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sporq

Senior Member

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2knowindeed View Post
He's not banned from the entire competitive scene for the year, just tournaments that count as the "League of Legends Championship Series". Riot can't control what happens at every single tournament so depending on how other organizations responsd he might still play in some tournaments.
But he can't play with Dignitas in the Championship Series, so why would they want to practice with and play with him in other tournaments. Dig is going to get a replacement ASAP. This is effectively banning him from any tournament unless he finds a team that is both willing to accept him and willing to forego playing in the Championship Series.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Bronze V Noob

Senior Member

12-04-2012

I guess he wont dominate anymore


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fabs457

Senior Member

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari Arisu View Post
Having an argument with a friend here, does Riot have the legal rights to do this?
Is there anything IWD could possibly gain out of a lawsuit or anything here?
It is fully within their rights who can/can't access their game servers.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Calys Teneb

Senior Member

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari Arisu View Post
Having an argument with a friend here, does Riot have the legal rights to do this?
Is there anything IWD could possibly gain out of a lawsuit or anything here?
Precedent is that once you make yourself a public figure, your rights to privacy in matters related to the field where you are a public figure is significantly reduced.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZestyLemons

Senior Member

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari Arisu View Post
Having an argument with a friend here, does Riot have the legal rights to do this?
Is there anything IWD could possibly gain out of a lawsuit or anything here?
Why would it cause any sort of lawsuit?

You have to agree to Riot's terms to play the game in the first place. They've got full right to suspend your account if you're going against those terms you've accepted.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ikuuu

Member

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari Arisu View Post
Having an argument with a friend here, does Riot have the legal rights to do this?
Is there anything IWD could possibly gain out of a lawsuit or anything here?
Well, you usually agree to the company to be able to do whatever they want to your account when you accept the EULA.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sydafexx

Senior Member

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
The number of games in the Tribunal Case does not reflect how many reports/games it took you to get into the Tribunal.

Let's say a player gets reported 100 times in 100 games. An absurdly high number. The Tribunal then begins building a case for the player. The Tribunal would then randomly sample the player's recent match history and pull a few recent games--it could be 1-5, but this number is not related to how many games or reports got you into Tribunal to begin with.
I've been meaning to direct this thought at you.

You say you have to be reported a bunch so that you can even become a candidate in the tribunal.

Logically once you get in, you either have to instantly become perfect or face permaban eventually.

The tribunal does not reward behavior improvement, at all.