Clearing up the Ranked issue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Fizznity

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bierfaust View Post
Well to be perfectly honest, there wouldn't be that much involved. They have already coded everything, it would just be a matter of substituting "DOM" for"SR" in 99% of the titles in the forms and database records.

I'm not saying it's simple, but it's infinitely easier when you have done it once before, so you have encountered all the issues in the past and know how to resolve them, leading to a much quicker deployment/development 2nd time round.

As for the stats thing, well not really. They already lump TT and SR stats together. Why would DOM be any different. Ranked is ranked. Doesn't really matter what map you're playing. But yes, they could just have list to break down Champs played, kills, etc. for each map type inside the ranked stats page itself if they really wanted to. But I think that's unnecessary myself.
I don't know how to say this more bluntly: it's not true. You have no idea what you're talking about, and flat ignoring the words of someone who does (a rioter for crying out loud). You're also insisting a new queue which would at best draw sustained usage of a few percent of the current, already low Dominion population would somehow magically revitalize a mode which has big enough issues to make any major attention thrown its way just cement in the minds of the playerbase at large that Dominion is a joke.

FOODFOOD

12-04-2012

Quote:
As for the stats thing, well not really. They already lump TT and SR stats together. Why would DOM be any different. Ranked is ranked. Doesn't really matter what map you're playing. But yes, they could just have list to break down Champs played, kills, etc. for each map type inside the ranked stats page itself if they really wanted to. But I think that's unnecessary myself.
They can't really lump Dominion stats in with TT and SR stats, because your metrics for success are totally different. TT and SR gauge success on income, minions slain, K/D/A, etc. Dominion measures points captured, neutralized, score (lol), etc. They'd have to get a team together to figure out which stats they'd want to put in, and they'd need to make sure it sticks.

Quote:
Funny you mention population size. People don't play DOM or take it seriously because there is no ranked option, that is the primary reason aside from champion balance, that people lost interest in DOM. Having Ranked would definitely peek more interest and maybe even bring back those that initially left because of the lack of ranked. Hard to say exactly, but there is no doubt that it will increase the population. (I mean it's not going to cause the population to get any smaller)
You are like the king of conjecture. I play dominion, and I take it seriously, and there is no ranked. The same goes with most everyone that participates in this forum. You need to stop presuming that you know everything about this map and how to make it succeed, just because you're in IT.

Unless we're all being trolled. If so, well done sir.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

So as said, there never will be ranked dominion, since ranked dominion needs more players, and there never will be more player unless there is ranked.

The matter has been settled.

Damieh

12-04-2012

I think there was a ranked dominion once? But riot took it down? Am I mistaken?

I honestly think that ranked could make dominion better, but it's just my opinion... I mean I do want ranked, but I'm blaming no one if we don't have it. I won't start criticizing riot or nome. If they say that they can't make it... well they probably have their reasons. If we think that those reasons are stupid, telling that to Nome will take us nowhere.

Moral: If you love dominion like I do, then play it. Don't expect ranked. It won't come. It's sad and EFFING frustrating, but you cannot change that.

Nekrogen

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damieh View Post
I think there was a ranked dominion once? But riot took it down? Am I mistaken?
You're thinking of Draft Dominion.

Jokes aside, they never implemented ranked Dominion.

Aroyok

01-16-2013

I played Dominion since day 1. I've more-or-less quit Dominion since S3. Why? Because it's so F'in non-competitive. The matchmaking formula for LoL tries to budget you on a team...SO MANY TIMES I've been budgeted as the highest person on a team with a bunch of low ELOs against a team with pretty generously spread ELOs. One guy with 1400 Dom games CANNOT carry SR vacation trolls with a combined total of 150 wins against a team where they average 200 wins per person and have nobody under 150 wins. **I know wins and ELO are not directly related, but I definitely think total games played and experience are related**

Anyway, what I'm getting at is that for anyone wanting to be competitive in Dominion right now, there is no outlet for it except for the weekly tournaments. I live in Korea, and most of the tournaments would be taking place during Monday morning for me....work time, not an option. Occasionally I poke into a blind mode match to try to experience the awesomeness of a good Dom match...but it fails every time - my team picks a bunch of squishies, call not bot, pick flash/ignite, then proceed to not have a bot and the team gets rolled. Why don't I just play bot? Cause I figured out that high mobility champs that can fight at windmill then quickly gank bot 'carry' Dom MUCH better than just winning bot.(This has been my experience at my level at play). Until something is done to address the lack of competitive play in Dominion, I will be trolling and generally being bad on the Proving Grounds and teaching my bro and his friend to play in TT(cause they also don't like SR).

wingstreet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

i don't care so much about ranked anymore. i would love to see some actual buzz about dom and some proof that riot actually gives a **** about the only game mode i play though.