IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

civ

12-04-2012

Did you guys specifically warn him of being permabanned?

And Iím not talking about getting a cut and pasted email about the possibility of an account being permabanned, Iím talking about an actual dialogue with him and his team about being banned from e-sports?

If not then this is incredibly unprofessional. Banning a pro player doesnít only affect him, it affects his entire team. Youíre punishing the whole of Dignitas with his ban.

Iím gonna catch a lot of flak for this but he, as well as every pro player, are special cases because of the impact a ban has on teams and entire organizations. The repercussions of this are huge and I hope the appropriate steps were taken.

What are the appropriate steps? These are:
1. Inform Dominate and his team of his past tribunal cases and the fact that he might be permanently banned from the game and epsorts.
2. Wipe his reports previous to this discussion to accurately track his ďrehabilitationĒ
3. If his behavior continues then ban him

If you did this then he deserves what he got, but if you didnít then I congratulate the whole of Riot for crippling a pro team to placate people who play this game as a hobby and not as a job.

Splicer006

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Riot making the hard stands.

GhostStalker

12-04-2012

I'm happy they're enforcing this. He's one of the players I've seen on stream being complete garbage to other people.

thizzen

12-04-2012

i dont understand, dyrus is THE NUMBER ONE PERSON that always trolls and rages and afks, spams emotes , why didnt u ban him

Nasty Neighbor

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
So has been banned before, 8 times and this never overlapped with competitive play?

They want the player not the account, lol

So confused on how this affects him in any way other than his inability to use his screen name.
Are you kidding? He's outright banned from tournaments if he shows up they wouldn't allow him to play simple as that.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaito Yuujou View Post
That's because it is about me. I'm eventually going to be sent to the Tribunal for petty garbage and I'm going to get permanently banned, that is unless I can somehow convince the rest of the community not to be pampered children (ha). You may have your head in the clouds, but it can happen to you too. The community is garbage, and the Tribunal is only reinforcing negative behaviors of the ones doing the judging. It's sick, and it needs to be stopped.
You seem genuinely worried about this, so I am going to try and be as straight forward and non troll as possible about it man.

Don't worry about it. Just have fun, and don't take the time to even type out something when angry. It is a waste of time, and most often it wonít even come out right. If you really don't troll or rage you will not be banned. I have been playing on this account since pre season 1, and I have yet to receive even a warning. Not one. I will even admit that I have left games out of anger or told someone to go **** off. The thing is, I donít do this regularly, and if my team asks me to STFU when defending myself I just say sorry and continue to play while STFUing because no one wants to read a bunch of lines of chat arguing. It is about being anti-confrontational, try it. It really goes a long way.

IS13940001471ffbdf28d0e

12-04-2012

yo, Dyrus rages EVERY game, ban him too.

Ikuuu

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by thizzen View Post
i dont understand, dyrus is THE NUMBER ONE PERSON that always trolls and rages and afks, spams emotes , why didnt u ban him
Get more people to report him.

Sevorast

12-04-2012

Always said this kid was a dickbag of epic proportions. Glad he won't be able to drag Dignitas down any longer.

Was always strange to me that Scarra and Qtpie (probably the 2 nicest guys in LoL) were on a team with Dominate (probably the biggest jerk in LoL) for so long...

Raivik

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by insertcreativity View Post
First post... came here to say:

You are taking away his entire life because of words he said over the internet. Congratulations on your making him an example, like no one else (pros especially) has raged ever. Ban him from public games, he rages at the public not in LAN tournaments...
But his entire life HASN'T been taken away. The kid plays videogames. He got sponsored. He gets large amounts of money for playing ONE video game. There are how many other e-sports out there he could easily pick up? And how many other jobs in the real world he could get? They didn't cripple him. Or physically harm him. Or mentally harm him.

As others have said the big problem with this was that it was IN game, and he flaunted his sponsorship. Yeah, a lot of other streamers and pro people rage. But not always in game. That's like saying if you're in a skype call with your close friend and rage about your bad teammates while streaming you can get banned for it. Unless they ghost you at their OWN risk, you are not negatively impacting them at all with what you say out of game.