IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeikxx

12-04-2012

Welp. I'm probably going to get banned now for trolling other players I play with.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

12-04-2012
6 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farm View Post
Wow what a ****ing joke.
Do you not care about all the other pros that troll solo queue? Are you just starting this now?
I see top players on stream rage at team mates and swear all day and you are just starting to ban pros now?
LOL so dumb. I'm so disapointed.
eSports is going to be collaborating with Player Behavior and monitoring all pro players in Season 3--especially those participating in the Championship Series.

However, IWillDominate had the worst toxicity metrics (by about 300%) compared to other pro players on NA so we had to act sooner rather than later.

Terantiel

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodoknight View Post
Why do they say he is permanently banned, but then say can not compete for a period of one year? Is there a difference? Is this actually just a 1 year ban?
From my understanding, Christian Rivera has been banned from competitive play for one year, but the account IWillDominate has been permanently banned. Another account played.

Uppah

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

This is how you lose players to other games. He's probably going to go to Dota 2 now. Slap a fine on actual cheaters during the finals. But banning this guy for bad behavior? Geez. Terrible decision.

Renaito Yuujou

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeikxx View Post
Welp. I'm probably going to get banned now for trolling other players I play with.
Nah, you'll probably get banned for being trolled.

1st HanarSpectre

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiamatsArePro View Post
Lol, this is why LOL as an ESport is a joke language has NOTHING to do with the game itself.

Take a hint from REAL sports. No one EVER gets "permabanned" from a sport because of what they SAY.

Joke company.
You are wrong.
Plenty of athletes were fined, fired and banned from competition for their actions.
In a videogame world, your words are essentially your action as far as relations to competitor and teamates.

It is definitely a harsh punishment (No one is saying that it is not), but people need to stop saying "OMG LOL ROFFLLAZOR THIS DOESNT HAPPEN ANYWHERE ELSE OMFGSWAGYOLO42".

Wayfear

12-04-2012

This type of decision indicates the integrity of the Tribunal system and that it should be taken very seriously.

howcanyouslap

Adjudicator

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Tribunal reviewers are encouraged to punish if they even see 1 incident that is worth punishing--that is what they are supposed to do. For a player to even get into the Tribunal they have to have received dozens or hundreds of reports by players that are 'neutral' or 'positive' in the community. The Tribunal system is designed to be extremely conservative and give the benefit of the doubt to the player and always, always avoid false punishes.

For more information about how the Tribunal actually works, there's an FAQ here:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2411284

There's an additional advanced FAQ here:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2726400

Right now on NA, we went through periods where only about 50% of cases were punished. A lot of players felt the Tribunal was being too lenient, so we've been optimizing and tuning the system. We're currently seeing anywhere from 60-70% punish rates on cases depending on the day of the week. In fact, now that we've removed IP from the Tribunal and introduced Justice Reviews, there are very few players just instant-punishing or spam-punishing.

In IWillDominate's case, his accounts were up for a permanent ban and were reviewed by multiple Rioters on the player behavior team and the eSports team.
I think this entire situation should have been better thought through. That you would make such a public spectacle out of this. Essentially a public hanging. It just comes across as hypocritical considering that the main obvious push is for a more positive atmosphere but then things are done in this manner which are completely unprofessional.

Menoros

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintshing View Post
one thing to note is that, riot is not just punishing iwilldominate, they are also punishing the team dignitas as a whole

if dignitas are aware of the severity, they probably would have done something to force iwilldominate to improve his behavior or look for a sub
Maybe Dignitas as a team itself should have done something to make him become a decent person. They did not, thus deserving the "loss", at least skillwise.

Janna F Kennedy

12-04-2012

POst his reform card!!