IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CG Steady

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivia Chachi View Post
was making a whole thread about him really necessary? you might as well sticky this thread and put it on announcements xDDDDD
Yeah because they know this is going to cause an outrage in the community. It's better to make a thread explaining the situation clearly rather than people talking **** about Riot.

c0reyp0wner

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PermafrostHD View Post
That's what I was thinking. Just make another account under a completely different name. If Riot come back and so no he can't then why are other people allowed to instantly make another account and continue being toxic? It will be interesting to see what happens.
Because he was banned from circuit play. He's not allowed in any tournaments for a year.

Bakraah

12-04-2012

Damn, how bad do you have to be to get permabanned?
I mean, really?
Well, at least that's one less toxic player gone.

m0biusloop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

I'm sure this is gonna get buried in the posts, but if Riot is going to set this precedent then like half the pro players are going to get banned. What's the line? Are they going to start policing streams for bad attitudes because these players are "role models"? Or is the attitude not the problem, and only expressing the attitude in game? Where does the "role model" standard stop?

Seriously though like 50% of all the pro players that stream are ******bags and talk **** nonstop. That's the nature of a competitive game. Banning his account would have been punishment enough, having to level, re-buy champions/runes/etc would be AWFUL. To destroy someone's actual CAREER over stuff that they said in game is pretty harsh. If it's someone actively ruining games by intentionally feeding/etc ok, but not for "offensive" language.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

12-04-2012
4 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raftina View Post
While the facts speak for themselves that pros are not exempt from being banned for toxic behavior, I have to ask: Is the quoted section why pros get a separate track (eSports vs Player Experience) for Riot reviews than normal players?
For Season 3, eSports and Player Behavior will be collaborating closely to maintain a high standard of player behavior. I wouldn't say the tracks are independent--pro players go through the same process that normal players do for all player behavior systems.

Benny Boy

12-04-2012

Banning from e-Sports is too much Riot. Have a heart.

Housemate

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letkhar View Post
Meanwhile, in TSM land Dyrus rages, intentionally feeds, and ragequits every other game.

If you want me to actually take you seriously about this you need to be consistent.
Dominates behavior sounds like it has been going on for some time. Dyrus didnt lose control until after the season 2 championships, give the system some time.

The KS King

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowKlown View Post
I'm sure you don't say anything anytime someone critiques you or talks **** to you. wait you're noone in soloq. Noone would recognize your name in game and it wouldn't go anywhere...

2+2=4 but there are other ways to get to 4 too... fact.
Guess what, you are no one in solo queue.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Exploding Barrel

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0biusloop View Post
Seriously though like 50% of all the pro players that stream are ******bags and talk **** nonstop. That's the nature of a competitive game. Banning his account would have been punishment enough, having to level, re-buy champions/runes/etc would be AWFUL. To destroy someone's actual CAREER over stuff that they said in game is pretty harsh. If it's someone actively ruining games by intentionally feeding/etc ok, but not for "offensive" language.
That would take a pro player like 3 days.

ohgreatone32

12-04-2012

Riot probably had a face to face discussion about his behavior and how it needed to change, and the consequences of it not changing.

A side effect that I could see of this is---less 'pro' players solo queuing. It is a lot easier to not get reported if you know everyone on your team.