Sparkling Shoreline Resort (Open RP)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dark Reiora

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias Beyolve View Post
Finally, after some time spent inconspicuously peeking over at the girl while flitting about the beach to help some of the other patrons, he returned. It was very obvious that he was trying far too hard. He expected her to be bothered by him, though he couldn't be sure. Instead, he merely asked "Can I interest you in a room, ma'am?"

"As you wish, madam." The Yordle bowed deeply, his nose almost touching the sand, before darting off to fetch the drink she had requested. He was quick, returning with a simple, if effective, vodka lemonade, presenting it to her with both paws.

"Is there anything else I can get you, Miss...?" He asked, clearly aware that she hadn't checked in, yet fully aware that use of the beach was not exclusive to hotel patrons. More than anything, she seemed distraught. "Strictly unacceptable for a patron to be unhappy. Do anything in your power to change that, this is a place of enjoyment".

Or so Mr. Beyolve had stressed to his employees.
Reiora took a surprisingly long sip, and closed her eyes in approval.
She lay on her stomach, resting on her elbows and holding her drink, still looking about the area.

She was no TF, but all she had done was ask "take me somewhere important" and her powers sent her here.
Alone, standing under an umbrella, with a towel already laid out under her and a bag with all the necessary items meant for swimming, complete with a properly fit outfit that matched the setting.

It made no sense at all, but what bothered Reiora most was that she was apparently supposed to go out and swim... she didn't know how.
She continued looking around, hoping whatever it was she needed to do was on land.
The teleport also had a knack for sapping her of all her energy. Lying on the towel and being lazy was her option.

"Um... do you know of anyone... important, coming today? Any celebrity, or some event? Sorry to ask."

Tobias Beyolve

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paltala View Post
"I'm just saying. No need to take offence." Christina said, finally turning her attention to the man, "Take it as advice for the future, if you will."

With a smile, she then turned back to her book, fresh drink in hand as she playfully crossed her legs.
The man seethed internally, almost insulted, but his outward appearance was all that mattered to the other guests. "Duly noted, madam. If you require anything further, do not hesitate to ask any of us" With a quick nod, he turned and fled, insofar as his job allowed him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Reiora View Post
Reiora took a surprisingly long sip, and closed her eyes in approval.
She lay on her stomach, resting on her elbows and holding her drink, still looking about the area.

She was no TF, but all she had done was ask "take me somewhere important" and her powers sent her here.
Alone, standing under an umbrella, with a towel already laid out under her and a bag with all the necessary items meant for swimming, complete with a properly fit outfit that matched the setting.

It made no sense at all, but what bothered Reiora most was that she was apparently supposed to go out and swim... she didn't know how.
She continued looking around, hoping whatever it was she needed to do was on land.
The teleport also had a knack for sapping her of all her energy. Lying on the towel and being lazy was her option.

"Um... do you know of anyone... important, coming today? Any celebrity, or some event? Sorry to ask."
"Important, miss? Well, as today is our grand opening, I have heard tell of a smattering of nobles from various city states checking in. Mr. Beyolve had excepted Champions to wish for a bit of a break, but I've only noticed the Tidal Trickster so far. He was, however, conversing with Mr. Beyolve. Beyond that, I'm not certain." The Yordle server bowed deeply again, pausing for a moment before he continued. "You seem tired miss, are you certain there's nothing more I can do for you?"

Paltala

12-04-2012

Christina noticed that she had managed to insult the man unintentionally. As he walked away, he would hear Christina's voice in his head apologising, slightly meekly. She would also introduce herself as Paltala instead of Christina, just a formality of hers. That put a damper on her visit as the smile faded from her lips, trying to lose herself in her book once more.

Drunk Reiora

12-04-2012

Quote:
"Important, miss? Well, as today is our grand opening, I have heard tell of a smattering of nobles from various city states checking in. Mr. Beyolve had excepted Champions to wish for a bit of a break, but I've only noticed the Tidal Trickster so far. He was, however, conversing with Mr. Beyolve. Beyond that, I'm not certain." The Yordle server bowed deeply again, pausing for a moment before he continued. "You seem tired miss, are you certain there's nothing more I can do for you?"
It had been a while, and Reiora's tolerance to alcohol has... fallen.

"No, 'snot what I'm looking for... nothing more...? Well... I need to sleep soon... and it's much easier to do so when you're cuddling something......."

She eyed the cuddly yordle like a hawk.

Tobias Beyolve

12-04-2012

Quote:
Christina noticed that she had managed to insult the man unintentionally. As he walked away, he would hear Christina's voice in his head apologising, slightly meekly. She would also introduce herself as Paltala instead of Christina, just a formality of hers. That put a damper on her visit as the smile faded from her lips, trying to lose herself in her book once more.
Time passed before the man had returned, a small black box in hand. He offered it to her, by way of apology. "This is from me, not the establishment. Er... It's out of their pocket but that's not important. I'm sorry if I may have... come off the wrong way"

The box held a fairly simple armlet, silver, with the same wave patterns as the female servers wore on the uniforms. It was fairly stylish, though where he got it was only clear to those who checked in. A free gift, clearly one he'd taken while no one had been watching, for those who had booked a night on the grand opening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Reiora View Post
It had been a while, and Reiora's tolerance to alcohol has... fallen.

"No, 'snot what I'm looking for... nothing more...? Well... I need to sleep soon... and it's much easier to do so when you're cuddling something......."

She eyed the cuddly yordle like a hawk.
The Yordle bowed again, this time in an attempt to hide his frown. When he righted himself again, he was once again smiling. "I've heard Yordle fur is very soft, ma'am. We're here to please."

Internally, the Yordle was panicking, knowing it was his job to keep those he was serving happy, yet not entirely sure if this counted as 'fraternizing' or not. After a few moments of thought about it, he concluded that as he didn't particularly find humans attractive, it wasn't a big deal.

Paltala

12-04-2012

By the time the man returned, Christina had finished her book and was now enjoying the sun, working on her tan with her sunglasses off, eyes closed. However, when the man spoke, her eyes jolted open in surprise, allowing him to see the way they shimmered in the sun. The sapphire blue matching that of the blue ocean nearby.

"That's very nice of you but...you didn't need to." Christina stammered, eyeing the box curiously as she carefully took it and opened it, her eyes widening slightly at the sight of the armlet. After a couple moments of looking at the armlet, Christina closed the box and gently set it down with her bag, attention diverted back to the man.

"Thank you but...you really didn't mean to...that must have been expensive, and for someone you don't even know." Christina finished, deciding not to mention that she had seen the armlets as she walked through the hotel.

Ask Fizz

12-04-2012

Quote:
"For as much expense as I have gone to make this place a beautiful, compelling resort... I believe I underestimated the staff I would require, yes. There have been issues with staffing. We are short every kind of chef you can imagine, we have half the amount of bell hops we should and 'zere appears to be a very pressing shortage of lifeguards in Valoran." The aging Tobias sighed, his accent slipping out here and there while he spoke. "Why do you ask, Fizz?"

All about him, the place bustled. For as short staffed as he claimed to be, the black and gold uniforms darting too and fro seemed much like dutiful ants, none stopping for anything but that which was required of them.
Fizz tosses the now empty water bottle into the nearest bin without so much as glance, then vaults onto his trident to put himself at eye level with Tobias. "I think I could help you. Lifeguard? Check. Chef? Check. Security?" At the word Chomper's fin would appear, circling around the manager's feet. "You name it."

"...and on second thought, forget the chef part."

Lord of Apoc

12-04-2012

Sapphire walked into the resort office and walked over to the front desk to ring the bell for assistance.

Scarlet Phoenix

12-04-2012

After a long while of swimming, Mizuhi walked back onto the beach, smiling widely, the water was perfect! She made her way over to her towel and spread it out, laying on top of it. The sun beat down on her and she felt its warmth enter her body. With a happy sigh she closed her eyes and relaxed.

Tobias Beyolve

12-04-2012

Quote:
By the time the man returned, Christina had finished her book and was now enjoying the sun, working on her tan with her sunglasses off, eyes closed. However, when the man spoke, her eyes jolted open in surprise, allowing him to see the way they shimmered in the sun. The sapphire blue matching that of the blue ocean nearby.

"That's very nice of you but...you didn't need to." Christina stammered, eyeing the box curiously as she carefully took it and opened it, her eyes widening slightly at the sight of the armlet. After a couple moments of looking at the armlet, Christina closed the box and gently set it down with her bag, attention diverted back to the man.

"Thank you but...you really didn't mean to...that must have been expensive, and for someone you don't even know." Christina finished, deciding not to mention that she had seen the armlets as she walked through the hotel.
He shook his head and offered a quick shrug. "They're meant for guests as it is, albeit overnight guests. If one goes missing, I'm sure they won't mind, especially if it keeps such an attractive customer returning."

He bowed to the lounging woman and took his leave for what he hoped would be the last time, at least where this kind of subject were concerned. He did still have a job to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Fizz View Post
Fizz tosses the now empty water bottle into the nearest bin without so much as glance, then vaults onto his trident to put himself at eye level with Tobias. "I think I could help you. Lifeguard? Check. Chef? Check. Security?" At the word Chomper's fin would appear, circling around the manager's feet. "You name it."

"...and on second thought, forget the chef part."
"Lifeguard, you say? We'd be very happy to have a champion on the payroll. The publicity would be amazing. And security as well. My my you're a useful investment. Shall we talk of figures? Numbers? What do I have to pay you to have you working for the Sparkling Shoreline?" Tobias was clearly very pleased with the idea, a gleam in his eye. Already he could see the champion sitting on the lifeguard platform, watching the sea.

"You name it, and I'll do what I can to match your price, Mr. Fizz."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Apoc View Post
Sapphire walked into the resort office and walked over to the front desk to ring the bell for assistance.
An energetic looking girl was very quickly standing on the other side of the desk from Sapphire, smiling broadly as she chimed "Welcome to Sparkling Shoreline! Are you here to book a room?" As quickly as the words left the girl's lips, there was a book open on the desk and a pen in her hand to take down the information for the check in.

"Or are you just here to visit the shoreline itself?" Her head tilted to the side slightly and her grin was almost contagious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ŠeityzX View Post
After a long while of swimming, Mizuhi walked back onto the beach, smiling widely, the water was perfect! She made her way over to her towel and spread it out, laying on top of it. The sun beat down on her and she felt its warmth enter her body. With a happy sigh she closed her eyes and relaxed.
A server approached the relaxing girl, asking if there was anything he could get her while she rested and if she'd enjoyed the waters. He was surprisingly more laid back than the rest of the servers, hands resting behind his head as he looked at his charge with a smile.