Tear in Dom

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Fizznity

12-04-2012

...sucks. And by that, i mean if you don't have a 2 second cooldown spell/spell rotation which doesn't depend on being in combat, forget about charging it in time (Ryze bot being the one exception). In SR, it has potential for a lot of champions to use it, but given that most champions will never charge it before a game ends, it's gonna be a super-niche item for like 3 characters.

Simplest idea IMO is to just have the passive charge one mana every 1-2 seconds. Not sure if this is enough, or if it makes it too easy to charge on champs that can, but it would be sad to see another 3-champion item.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Anivia, Singed, Karthus, Ryze, Kassadin, Swain might want to try it. ... any others?

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyx87 View Post
Anivia, Singed, Karthus, Ryze, Kassadin, Swain might want to try it. ... any others?
Sion charges it pretty fast too.

TCWA Tigerbite

12-04-2012

I wish Blitz could charge it in Dom. Robo Punch ftw!

Sazdek

12-04-2012

AD Malz says hai

The Fizznity

12-04-2012

Quote:
So basically like i said, champions who can keep the tear constantly charging even out of combat? Because I can name another half dozen champions who would like to try it but can't because they cannot physically charge it over the course of a Dominion game. =/

smXho

12-04-2012

With the lower cost, i wouldn't be surprised to see an eve with AA staff (Q spam) and Iceborn Gauntlets lol

Orphane

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
Sion charges it pretty fast too.
I might be missing something here, but how exactly does Sion charge it any faster than casters who actually have mana costs on 4 spells? Unless you're talking about Manamune and not Tear...

TheBeetle

12-04-2012

Quote:
Singed will never charge it in time, and for most characters it doesn't even begin to be worth it. You don't need sustain in dominion and the mana > ap ratios are nothing worth stacking over with so many other good items in the game.

If you need regen get a grail, if you need mana pool there's glacial shroud, ROA, lich bane, odin's, etc. In the end AA Staff and Manamune are gimmick items and people love to try to justify using gimmick items, it's why people try to work lichbane into every build no matter how bad it is on their champ.

ChaoticHypnotic

12-04-2012

Quote:
Even with the S3 updates it will still be exceptionally rare for any champion (including those in this list) to fully charge a Tear.

Dom definitely needs some sort of adjustment to make it viable.

Edit: Riot agrees too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Here is a list of changes I'm exploring for 1.73. It'll be updated as numbers are fleshed out and feedback comes in.
  1. Tear of the Goddess and upgrades get faster-charging Dominion-specific versions.
  2. Rod of Ages charges in 7 minutes.
  3. Slight tweaks to global penetration auras (will depend on your feedback).
  4. 20% increased energy regeneration (from 10/s to 12/s).
  5. 33% rage generation (5 to 6.7 per attack, 10 to 13.3 per crit/kill).
  6. Minion MR lowered, but replaced with some AoE resistance (numbers TBD).