Source of homosexuality

Homosexuality is a choice, but people want to avoid the responsibility of it, so they deny it. 9 34.62%
It is genetic, it is something that happens upon conception or birth, not choice 13 50.00%
It is neither genetic nor choice, it is His will. 4 15.38%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Do you think homosexuality is genetic or a choice?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Memorylame

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

I'm in the air about this....I knew a guy when I was a young child in grade school that had his own barbie set and played with the girls during recess when he was about 8...by the time he was 14 he was in the center of all the girl chat in the cafeteria at our school...all the while proclaiming his heterosexuality..I don't remember him having even 1 friend that was a guy....

I know from my own hetero experiences that if you have a deep down attraction to someone, be it physical or emotional, it's awfully hard to surpress....so I suppose if that same uncontrollable feeling happened with the same ***, which it hasn't, that it would be genuine...

but I also believe that some of these confused kiddies HAVE chosen....like they choose what to wear or what music they like (which are almost the same thing nowadays it seems)...and I believe that is because it was offered to them early as a choice in the new fruity *** ed programs....I can just envision a classroom of 30 grade 6s on the verge of puberty mulling this new choice over...and with the mainstream popularity of this choice it may come across to them as no different then music taste...

Elan Tedronai

12-04-2012

Why does it have to be one or the other? Why can't it be a combination of genetics, environment, influence and preference?

Arroo

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobagoh View Post
JtF wants to know because he "chose" to be hetero
Lol.

Kohana Sushi

12-04-2012

You forgot option 4: "it doesn't matter".

NiksBrotha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

People have their own opinions. I have mine.

To me as Fruity said, it doesn't matter. You should be judging a person by their actions/intentions and so many other things that truly reflect rather than **** like their gender/race/origin/sexuality/height blah blah blah. I believe it's a bit of both but mainly genetics. There's studies being conducted and stuffs. You can do your research. But once again, it shouldn't be a major question that we should think too hard about.

Colonel J

12-04-2012

I currently feel it may be a gene. However, there is no hard proof that it exists so I will accept that I may be wrong. My current stance is why I will not vote in this poll.

Though the problem that arises of the existance of "gay gene" is that sexuality is derived from genes. Therefore, sexual attratction to both genders, children, and animals, among other things, must also be related to genes, which I for sure know that must people will flat out doubt and disagree, automatically label these people as sickos and jail them and outcast them, which is a little hypocritical if you ask me.

Elan Tedronai

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiksBrotha View Post
it doesn't matter
This, but for other reasons.

Genetic predisposition can't really be used as a defense for the acceptability of any set of actions that can be influenced by choice. Bob is genetically predisposed to be an alcoholic. Should being an alcoholic be socially acceptable? Susan is genetically predisposed to be sexually attracted to young children. Should pedophilia be socially acceptable?

I don't say such to compare homosexuality with alcoholism or pedophilia. I say this to point out the logical flaw in using genetics as a defense for action. There are other, more logical defenses to homosexuality than riding the coattails of genetics.

Umbasa

12-04-2012

Its partially genetic and partially environmental. As humans, we are products of our environment, but we also have genetic dispositions. Bob could have a predisposition for alcohol addiction, but that doesnt mean hes going to be an alcoholic. It's most likely the same with gays. Things just click basically.

"Choosing" to be gay is totally bogus. I didnt choose to be heterosexual, I just am.

Elan Tedronai

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion Recovery View Post
"Choosing" to be gay is totally bogus. I didnt choose to be heterosexual, I just am.
The way I think of the choice to be gay is not through a one time decision to be gay but a decision on what we choose to surround ourselves with and what we choose to like. For instance, like any modern red-blooded teen, I had a strong dislike for oldies music. (40s, 50s, 60s) Then I got a job at an antique store that played that music for hours every day. Now I enjoy it. I have my own oldies Pandora station. I didn't choose to like that music, I chose my environment which influenced my desires.

I know this process doesn't work for everyone. Sometimes when people are over exposed to something they don't like it just makes them like it even less. I have the personality that allows me to learn to like things I didn't previously like if I want to. I could probably learn to like almost anything that's not harmful to me. If I wanted to be gay I could surround myself with a gay environment and learn to like men. If I wanted to be straight I could shun the gay environment and surround myself with a straight environment.

I know this doesn't work the same for everyone but that's my own perceptions on the "choice" to be gay or not.

Light LaserTower

12-04-2012

LOL oh Tim stop starting troll topics. O wait you're not Tim...

My friend did this on facebook to watch the halarity. People got so angry, nice try JTF, although I won't lie you are getting good results.