FeralPony and Roku Discuss Preseason Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Who is Sexy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

Was excited for new masteries
Saw new masteries
Disapointed

tempnameA461

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanted4Pwnage View Post
I hope I am not the only one that will miss Surge =(

R.I.P. Surge
I'm still ultra super sad about Surge ):

The Harlequin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roku View Post
Hey summoners,

I’m Roku, Game QA Analyst at Riot Games, and I’m here today to fill you in on some of the upcoming summoner spell changes we have planned this preseason. Overall, we want to offer you more viable summoner spells, so that you have plenty of options to tailor your selections to suit your individual playstyle and strategic needs. We hope to accomplish this by equalizing power levels and solidifying unique roles for each spell choice.

For starters, we plan to make Barrier available across all maps rather than just the Proving Grounds. To ensure it’s balanced it we’ll be increasing its cooldown and reducing its duration. Barrier will require faster reaction time in its new form, but will remain the go-to defensive option against burst damage. To reinforce this change, we’re also reducing the overall effect of Heal, but modifying it to heal allies for the same amount as it heals the caster. This will solidify Heal into a support role, while making it less useful for baiting opponents.

Next, we’re making some subtle tweaks to many of the summoner spells. Flash and Ignite will each have their cooldowns increased slightly in order to bring them more in line with other spells. Clarity, Clairvoyance, and Exhaust are set for small changes that will make them more visible during gameplay and emphasize their specific roles.

Finally, we’ll be removing both Promote and Surge. We’re creating an item with an effect like Promote since it makes sense as a strategic option, and having it as a buy-in strategy means we’ll be able to better balance the effect in relation to its gold cost. Surge is being removed because it isn’t always clear when to use it or which champions benefit from it. In the end, Surge is a competing spell in a niche we’d like Ignite to fill.

In the preseason we want summoner spells to be another way to customize your champion to suit your playstyle instead of being dominated by a few, extremely strong choices. We’re confident that these modifications will free you up to experiment with different combinations and tailored to your favorite champions.
I hope you understand that Barrier was toxic on Proving Grounds and that making it available on SR was an awful decision.

Khabi Jenkins

12-03-2012

dont you think the ap on AA bonus isnt going to make ori op as all hell?

Sincoura

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by istoph View Post
dont you think the ap on AA bonus isnt going to make ori op as all hell?
Oriana? What about Teemo?

Yännick

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggony View Post
typo on the mastery page gg.
you reopen the thread to post this?

****ing one month ago

SOALeo

12-03-2012

What is the case with teleport and cleanse? I noticed its not under the "revised" section. Assuming it will not be changed or something? (apologies if this was answered already)

Pyro8989

12-03-2012

I am liking the sound of the pickpocket mastery. Every time I powercord someone I would get 3 gold.

Mango027

12-03-2012

How does the biscuit work?

Khabi Jenkins

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincoura View Post
Oriana? What about Teemo?
teemo would work well with it as well but ori already has this as a passive so shes getting it twice