The reason NA will never win a tourney, sadly.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyyx

12-03-2012

The moment NA and EU realize that if they play hyper aggressive they will start to see better results. This means actually auto attacking minions to push the waves and put pressure on the enemy towers. Watch the VOD's of asian teams and they actually attacked the tower all out whenever they got a chance. While whenever NA or EU got a wave pushed up to a tower they backed......

FNatic actually were the only non-asian team to follow these tactics.

Sagovirus

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueqt View Post
They dont scrim asian teams, they dont have the work ethic of asian teams, they cant afford to not stream like asian teams.

until they are able to come out of nowhere after having been in hiding for 3 months of constant "real" practice there will be no NA winner of a tourney.

also, as much as i dont like CLG Prime they have the right idea with trying to come up with cheese to win (dig too) since they know they cannot outplay the asian teams they have to cheese comp.

Who is supposed to have been in a "3 months hiding" ?

WE ? They won the TGA, the biggest Chinese tourney, a week or so before IPL5. They played in other tourneys all around too, and streamed in China. It's not because NA people (and teams) still think they are alone in the world and that if something don't happen in NA or in an NA sponsored tourney it doesn't happen that it's true you know.............

TPA ? They play every week or so in GPL for the past 6+ months.

Blackbean/Iceland are sub top asian teams that were selected out of local tourneys, but they are quite known in their regions and had already participated in local selections...

No the problems of NA is still the same it was 2 years ago, they can't grasp the difference between "SoloQ all day long" and "train in team 4/5h a day, SERIOUSLY".

It wasn't a problem when roughly the only teams that could afford to be "pros" doing nothing but LoL were 3/4 NA teams, it IS a problem when there is like 40 teams (20 of them in Korea) that ARE pro for nearly a year now, and ARE training in team 4/5h a day pretty much all week and up to 10h/day when prepping for major tourneys, scrimming in TEAM as much as they can....

Nothing will change for NA until they change their mentality, which won't happen soon since they still all are in the "we are the best others cheats/are lucky/abuse op champs/have no life" mentality (the interviews after IPL5 are pathetic) while other teams will get better and better (take Europe, instead of 3/4 teams being "pros", there will be AT LEAST 8, and probably more on the secondary circuit. China finally have a circuit meaning even more Chinese team will rises, and a LOT of Pro structures are picking up team in China right now... Korea already have a truckload of those and they get better and better... Garena will probably progress now with more and more inter regional tourneys in Asia.... and NA will stay the same as usual, they refuse to even start taking into account the fact that maybe they could possibly be part of the problem and maybe should change something.).

PowderToast

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupcakeRaptorr View Post
asians have extra finger muscles its not fair
Hahaha. Why you has make this post? Now their secret is out! Just like Africans and their "extra heel tendons" ... hehe.

Sagovirus

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowderToast View Post
What this guy said. Pretty sure, you are talking out your ass. And said "cheese comps" is called strategy.

Maybe you should get a 5v5 team and STFU. Because honestly, you irritate me.

Come onto GD and diss on North American professionals as opposed to taking your own "advice" if you could even call it that.

Now I just got off working full time. I plan to play as many games as possible until I pass out, all the while practicing with my ranked team...

PS: how the hell do you know they do not scrim EU and Asian / Pacific Islander teams? Source?
The only ones scrimming EU teams are :
- CLG.na (at least when CLG.eu don't blew them off because it's useless for CLG.eu to scrim a team so below them they know in and out after 2 months in the same gaming house)
- TSM because they scrim on eu servers (not sure they still do btw)

Rest don't do it, and most of the time it's not often. They don't scrim Asian teams at all. They already don't play in team on their own server, you don't expect them to do so against other regions teams ???

Kirballs1

12-03-2012

Well they also beat us in other video game genres like Fighting Games but who cares they can never beat us in physical sports ever.

shleepzzz

12-03-2012

Once NA actually practices 8 hours a day 5 days a week, then they might have a chance. Not this solo queue BS these NA "pros" do.

Whigsplitta

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueqt View Post
They dont scrim asian teams, they dont have the work ethic of asian teams, they cant afford to not stream like asian teams.

until they are able to come out of nowhere after having been in hiding for 3 months of constant "real" practice there will be no NA winner of a tourney.

also, as much as i dont like CLG Prime they have the right idea with trying to come up with cheese to win (dig too) since they know they cannot outplay the asian teams they have to cheese comp.
At what point do I tell you I am "ok" with NA teams not being on the same level as Asian teams.

A regions dominance (or lack of) has no bearing on the world at large, so who cares.

NEOtheONE

12-03-2012

Ya know the same thing applies in SC2. Except because there are far more players, it's more like reason why NA players won't ever finish top 4.

PowderToast

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirballs1 View Post
Well they also beat us in other video game genres like Fighting Games but who cares they can never beat us in physical sports ever.
yao ming and ichiro suzuki come to mind...

PowderToast

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagovirus View Post
The only ones scrimming EU teams are :
- CLG.na (at least when CLG.eu don't blew them off because it's useless for CLG.eu to scrim a team so below them they know in and out after 2 months in the same gaming house)
- TSM because they scrim on eu servers (not sure they still do btw)

Rest don't do it, and most of the time it's not often. They don't scrim Asian teams at all. They already don't play in team on their own server, you don't expect them to do so against other regions teams ???
Interesting. Well, I am still not sold. I feel as if there must be a reason. Possibly, and this might seem like a "leap" but maybe it is a matter of secrecy (in their strategies) or possibly a matter of simply an in ability to scrim w/ them (Asian, Pacific Islander teams) at all?

I do however think I remember something pre-world S2 finals that maybe it was Curse NA spent time in Korea training?

Not certain...but even then I remember said team ended up loosing in the first round so obviously it had not done them a whole lot of good in that situation.

I am not professional so I have no grounds to base these opinions. But these are just ideas which came to mind after reading.