Do gaming glasses (Gunnars) actually work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PowderToast

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CainEnable View Post
Of course they work. If you buy expensive "gamer glasses" your gameplay will automatically elevate to pro level status. True story.
What this guy said...haha thank you for the laughs.

Miirik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

download f.lux

save tons of money on crappy glasses

it literally does the same thing, turns your screen golden around nighttime, you only notice the change while it's actually changing. You're eventually used to it after a few minutes and you don't even notice it.

Infact, the change was so dramatic from how well you can see...

the very first time I started the program, the screen started to take on the golden hue, my eyes were literally going wider as the screen hue changed. It was THAT MUCH EASIER ON MY EYES!

I never turn it off unless I need to see something in it's true color.

basketofseals

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

They're seriously a stupid scam as far as I'm concerned. I've also never heard of ANYONE losing vision from staring at a screen too long. I've got to have been staring at a screen of some sort for at least 12 hours a day for 14 years, and I have no vision problems

MysteltainSensei

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketofseals View Post
They're seriously a stupid scam as far as I'm concerned. I've also never heard of ANYONE losing vision from staring at a screen too long. I've got to have been staring at a screen of some sort for at least 12 hours a day for 14 years, and I have no vision problems
HELLZ YEA!!! ITS ALL A CONSPIRACY BY THE GOVERNMENT TO MAKE YOU BUY GLASSES AND CONTACTS AND SHT!! DOWN WITH THE GOVERNMENT!!!
/sarcasm

Calys Teneb

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketofseals View Post
It's not so much vision problems as it is migranes. Saturday I was watching IPL with F.lux on and even at four to five hours I was getting a headache. When I tried to sleep, I was literally holding my head under covers in pitch blackness and still aching so bad I nearly threw up.

I'm about to try the cheapest ones at Best Buy for forty bucks just to see if it improves. I don't get them that badly nearly as often as i did before f.lux, but it's bad enough where I want to try just because it's worth not being miserable if it can help.

blackraven1425

12-03-2012

+1 the f.lux suggestion. I've been using it for years.