**** ELO Hell

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hunna211

Member

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
And by the way, in your last match, as Sona? I mean, come on. Just look at the match results.

You played support Sona, finished 6/11/12. This isn't the worst of scores, and sometimes this is good enough to win as support, but let's look at the bigger picture.

Your AD Carry went 5/5/13 and got 258 cs, so they weren't feeding, and they were pretty decent at getting farm.

The enemy AD Carry, however, went 15/4/9 with a support that was 0/6/15.

I mean, just LOOK at the results of your matches. How are you really going to keep this thread going without assuming ANY of the blame on yourself?

As long as you keep putting the blame off on your teammates, you'll fail to improve, and you'll continue to sink.

Again, none of you can take the minute to think about possibly why I ended that way with a sona. My first 2 kills were from our ADC dying going for a kill, which he got, and me finishing off the other person after he was dead. So now I'm supposed to either not get a kill and run away, or sit there and let them kill me, just b/c the kill won't go on the adc? Really? I'm not retarded, I know I shouldn't take kills from anyone as support. Only 1 of my 6 kills were while a dmg'er was still alive, adc, and only b/c he had under 50 hp and had backed off and I got the kill with a power corded aa b/c it crit.

Also in that game, our jungler amumu was afk at start. I had to leave bot lane, and go leash for him around the 2:20 mark. He then refused to come bottom to help, and did nothing but whine and complain the entire game, and called everyone else on the team bad. He repeatedly ran into enemy jungle, along with others on the team, w/o there being a single ward in it, and died multiple times b/c of this. He also died at least 3 times in our own jungle, b/c he didn't ward to protect the counter-jungling of shaco, and b/c our morg in mid had zero map awareness. If jungler is dying at wraiths in a 1v1 while mid farms cs, something is wrong.

It's nice of you to take such an interest in stalking me, however you still don't see what happens in these games. All you see is the final score, which doesn't always reflect the fact that my teammates had complete downs in these games. Again, I'm still playing games, and still taking ss's of this bull****. I'll be sure to keep posting them so you can hop off my nuts.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vaMpro

Junior Member

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 800 ACEUUUU View Post
One common factor.
yes


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vaMpro

Junior Member

12-03-2012

Hunna, please refer to my previous post. If possible, a quick google search on "cognitive dissonance" or "self-awareness" or most beneficial "EQ, emotional quotient" could really enlighten you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hunna211

Member

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaMpro View Post
You know all these things contribute to the win/loss streak liable for one to be stuck in 1100-1400 elo range. It undoubtedly homes the majority of players in North America; the chance that you get a truly skilled player or group of players on your team is statistically LOW because often times skilled players consistently perform excellent in every game, thus moving up in ranking (say 1200 - 1300) regardless of the few times he or she will lose because of a considerably bad performance; (the domino effect here, is the skilled player is more likely to encounter other beyond average players climbing through the rankings in these higher elos - this happens until he cannot exceed the performance of players at his new skill plateu.) Inconsistent personal performance can largely reflect the summoner's elo; there are rare occasions one may lose elo based on a streak of 'unlucky' games due to extraordinary circumstances; but he will presume to clime elo once again based on his performance.

Many think the same way as 'Hunna,' but realize he is not being objective or self-critical in the matter, where self-awareness may greatly benefit his performance, increasing his rank as a result. This is exemplified in the more objective and lightly stated individuals 'pogo' and 'YuHZ' who are more likely to progress in ranking because of this attitude; however this is not a standard limited to this particular situation; it is the sum of attributes in successful thinking which can be beneficial in all areas of society.

Hunna is frustrated because of his emotional desire to win and lack of attaining it. Most common result is the act of pointing blame - the result of backwards rationalization to make personal belief more easily validated. In turn, Hunna will continue to decline rating because of this on-going frustration and naivety clouding his judgement. His emotions will cause his limbic system to knock out most of his working memory, physically causing narrow-mindedness. This is a vicious cycle we see in the correlation of behavior patterns of competitive, team-based, video games.

Scholarly dictation on the matter of "**** ELO HELL," behavior sciences in gaming.
Nice attempt at sounding smart, but you are wrong. I start off every game with the attitude that "this game won't be like the rest. these kids won't be bad and won't feed". Then the game starts, and someone already afk's. 5 min into the game, and someone already has 3 deaths. 20 min in, and someone has 40 cs that isn't a support.

I even said in the original post "Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I played perfect every game here... ". I realize I too make mistakes. However, I don't repeatedly make the same one, like the people in all of these last 15 games I've played do. I also don't afk for extended amounts of time, like someone in at least 3 of said games has. The ONE game that I "fed" top, has already been explained why. When I'm left alone in top lane, while my entire team(including mid) camps bot, there isn't anything I can do about that. Even the enemy team recognized this, took advantage of it (hence the deaths), and apologized to me after the game for how garbage my team was. They felt so strongly about it, all 5 of them reported the jungler and support, and honored me.

See, the problem with kids on the internet jumping to conclusions, is that you don't have all the facts. You weren't in the game to see exactly how it played out. You can't see the person feeding, or failing at cs. But I am in the game. I see it. I'm not just making **** up for the hell of it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BEASTASNEEGA

Junior Member

12-03-2012

y u bes on those to rager hunna???????? Y U RAGER??????? not blame teamates or get -16% damage it say in tip... lern to listen


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vaMpro

Junior Member

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunna211 View Post
Nice attempt at sounding smart, but you are wrong. I start off every game with the attitude that "this game won't be like the rest. these kids won't be bad and won't feed". Then the game starts, and someone already afk's. 5 min into the game, and someone already has 3 deaths. 20 min in, and someone has 40 cs that isn't a support.

I even said in the original post "Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I played perfect every game here... ". I realize I too make mistakes. However, I don't repeatedly make the same one, like the people in all of these last 15 games I've played do. I also don't afk for extended amounts of time, like someone in at least 3 of said games has. The ONE game that I "fed" top, has already been explained why. When I'm left alone in top lane, while my entire team(including mid) camps bot, there isn't anything I can do about that. Even the enemy team recognized this, took advantage of it (hence the deaths), and apologized to me after the game for how garbage my team was. They felt so strongly about it, all 5 of them reported the jungler and support, and honored me.

See, the problem with kids on the internet jumping to conclusions, is that you don't have all the facts. You weren't in the game to see exactly how it played out. You can't see the person feeding, or failing at cs. But I am in the game. I see it. I'm not just making **** up for the hell of it.
Just so happens that some of these "kids on the internet" are Johns Hopkins Med students that use to be gamers; and they just happen to be on their Psychology rotation in school. So please, take it from a future M.D, Ph.D - and I'll identify your narrow-minded rational as an example - you accept a part of the blame but assign, even deflect, blame on the mistakes of others. Saying "these kids wont be as bad" does not support the claim that you're self critical and observe your mistakes; it says the opposite, that you are subtly assuming you're better. All you've said here only support my first post, which most of is based proven fact in social psychology. I can pull some articles from our database if you'd like? Or preferably make a Social Psychology for Dummies rendition on the matter. Subtitled: "I can't win because I won't accept the fact that I'm not as good as I think I am," just let me know and I'll get to work, it's pre-semester break anyway.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hunna211

Member

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunna211 View Post
Ok, so here are 2 examples of the **** I put up with.

http://i.imgur.com/JRFIx.jpg Bottom lane fed. They were almost half the deaths of the entire team. Our Kayle top also fed, ending at 1-7. 18 of the 22 deaths on the team were on 3 people. Not only that, I have more cs than our adc. So, positive ratio, least deaths, contributed to almost 1/2 of our kills, but b/c of top and bottom, we lose.

http://i.imgur.com/ahiQg.jpg: So this game, our ez afk'd at start, then decided to show up after first wave was almost already cleared bot. Our irelia afk'd once during the game to "empty the dishwasher" then left again and never game back, throwing a won game. Ali kept diving towers for kills that weren't going to happen, and ended with 9 deaths. Ez threw a couple of different kills by shifting for no reason to get to a target that had been locked down for him by me and ali, for them to flash or leap away and us be unable to catch him for the kill since ez's shift was down. Granted other team's zyra was afk for a solid 10 min of the game, but she came back at the end and helped them get baron and make final push, while our irelia was still afk. Both ended at lvl 15, so were there roughly the same amount of time. However, b/c irelia afk'ed at end and zyra came back, the other team had the 5 when it mattered more.

Just 2 examples of me winning my lane/jungle, having positive ratio, and still losing b/c of others.

Edit: first link wasn't working
Just reposting this since it got burried. So what's the excuse in these, seeing as I have positive ratio's, and am clearly not the reason we lost.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

adc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

12-03-2012

2 of your 48 games. I'd be willing to bet that I could get your account to at least 1400 Elo in a week if I nolifed it. Yes - bad teams are frustrating. But if you're honestly a better player, you will gain Elo. Clearly you're not, so you're losing Elo.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vaMpro

Junior Member

12-03-2012

It's ok Hunna I understand. Your response to my statement was incohherent, disjointed and totally devoid of any semblence of cognitive merit. In fairness to Hunna, the fact that he had no inkling pertaining to my topics in advance, I could sympathize or perhaps empathize with his nerviousness, and tripitation, however, he would have been better served if he simply stated that he had no idea of the topic and simply agreed on the matter. It may have embarrassing for him, but at least he could have avoided making a total fool of hhimself.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

adc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaMpro View Post
Just so happens that some of these "kids on the internet" are Johns Hopkins Med students that use to be gamers; and they just happen to be on their Psychology rotation in school. So please, take it from a future M.D, Ph.D - and I'll identify your narrow-minded rational as an example - you accept a part of the blame but assign, even deflect, blame on the mistakes of others. Saying "these kids wont be as bad" does not support the claim that you're self critical and observe your mistakes; it says the opposite, that you are subtly assuming you're better. All you've said here only support my first post, which most of is based proven fact in social psychology. I can pull some articles from our database if you'd like? Or preferably make a Social Psychology for Dummies rendition on the matter. Subtitled: "I can't win because I won't accept the fact that I'm not as good as I think I am," just let me know and I'll get to work, it's pre-semester break anyway.
Hurr hurr look at me, I'm so high and mighty I can say I'm going to X school on the internet!

I'm going to MIT and I'm working on the cure for cancer. Lalalalalalalalalalalalalalala better listen to me!