Just bought some Gunnars....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VDrackus

12-03-2012

Don't listen to them.

It helps a lot, especially if you are a coder like moi and stare at/create code all day and then put in some gaming time later.

DinerCar

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMilk7 View Post
>gunnars
>gimmick
Pick both
who are you quoting?

Finn the Human

12-03-2012

You bought $100 glasses, where you can get free software that does the same thing.

Krispy Blowfish

12-03-2012

Or you could just get F.lux for free...

xChaseMe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yordle HoardIer View Post
You bought $100 glasses, where you can get free software that does the same thing.
Actually I got a 30% discount and free shipping, so they were much cheaper. I tend to get really bad headaches if I play league for extended periods of time, so i was hoping these would help.

Cool Stuffz

12-03-2012

Amber tints like the Gunnars do help with strain, they do help with clarity, they do help with glare.

This isn't some brand new concept that they invented for the sake of money. Stuff like this has been around for a while, tested and proven to work, e.g. paintball lenses. For years and years and years paintball manufacturers have made amber lenses for masks. They help you see better by improving contrast and reducing the effects of glare.

While I believe people saying that there's software that can do that to a computer screen which could make them essentially pointless, these glasses have uses outside computers. You could use these driving at night to help with the glare from oncoming headlights, for example. I know I often get headaches driving at night because of how harsh the lights are from other people's cars.

CupcakeRaptorr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

ITT:Nerds who are bitter cause they can't afford gunnars. I have them and got invited to Moscow 5 the next day. They make you pro.

Solaris Eos

12-03-2012

It saddens me to say, but I get migraines when I play too long, even if its just a few hours. I was thinking Gunnars would help with my sensitivity. O.o'

xChaseMe

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solaris Eos View Post
It saddens me to say, but I get migraines when I play too long, even if its just a few hours. I was thinking Gunnars would help with my sensitivity. O.o'
That was exactly my thought. I guess I will find out once they get here.

Mr Serious Pants

12-03-2012

I play more than 50 hours a week. I never get headaches. Correct eye focus OP.