Do gaming glasses (Gunnars) actually work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Swarm of Koala

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felaedor View Post
Yes they can.

They could be replacing the beer you see the world through.
Why not use both?

EDIT: I should probably read my pictures before I upload them. Ah well, little hating mexican girl can stay.

Ruthless Sophie

12-03-2012

They do work but I'll tell you an even bigger secret... so do any tinted yellow glasses which you can buy at a gas station for under 10$.

A Scarlet Walrus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiHengTai View Post
Just saw the other thread asking whether or not the OP would regret his/her decision to get Gunnars and I've been considering getting them for a couple days (they're expensive though ). Anyways, I use my computer a lot and I'm staying in front of my computer screen for long periods of time and thus, I don't want my vision to get hurt from focusing on my computer monitor for so long. Thing is, even though the glasses are expensive, if they actually work, then I'll be more than willing to get these glasses to protect my eyes (having perfect vision should not be taken for granted). So back to my question: for all you people with these glasses, do they actually work?
Of course they work. If you buy expensive "gamer glasses" your gameplay will automatically elevate to pro level status. True story.

CamaHa

12-03-2012

Do unicorns exist? who knows... It's all a matter of belief. U can't really check out both.

Kakyoin Noriaki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

The power of f.lux has yet to be realized in most of this thread.

Wasabi Kitty

12-03-2012

They probably work, but there's better ways to go about it.

The best way is probably f.lux, which is completely free.

http://stereopsis.com/flux/

Wasabi Kitty

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaHa View Post
Do unicorns exist? who knows... It's all a matter of belief. U can't really check out both.

Of course Unicorns exist, just ask North Korea.

Keshaldra

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Swarm of Koala View Post
It looks like you see the world through a glass of beer. They can't be all that bad.
Maybe the beer YOU drink!

Ham Please

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasabi Kitty View Post
They probably work, but there's better ways to go about it.

The best way is probably f.lux, which is completely free.

http://stereopsis.com/flux/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakyoin01
The power of f.lux has yet to be realized in most of this thread.
These guys, listen to them. You can get the same effect, for free, without wearing glasses, and have it in 45 seconds.

Calys Teneb

12-03-2012

Headaches and tiredness come from the overheating of the blue cone cells in your eyes, which is why Gunnars yellowize and warm the light more to a neutral part of the spectrum. That being said, what you may try first is a free program called f.lux which will adjust the monitor from blue-white during the day to yellow-white at night. This may help you and it's worth a try for free.

However, if you still get headaches, you may have to try Gunnars.