Corrupted Tribunal and Thereatnings Every Game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

theshim

12-03-2012

Report threats are not a problem endemic to the Tribunal. They are a (negative and very irritating) side-effect of having an open reporting system.

If the Tribunal was deleted tomorrow and all behavior reports were handled directly by Riot staff again, you'd still see people in games screaming "omg report x". The same people, as a matter of fact, that do it now.

tbagchamp

12-03-2012

except, according to riot, many more players would be banned. Riot has said several times if they ran the tribunal they would be much less forgiving

But great point theshim, report threats are no threat to the tribunal, they are just annoying in a game.

800eloPubtrash

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbagchamp View Post
Yes, we should set the example, that is what I mean.

Ragers and jerks are very frustrating to deal with, but they deserve the benefit of the doubt. I'm not saying that they shouldnt be punished (they already have been), but it's not our place. Instead of arguing with those same people, why not just ignore them? Instead of insulting, just stop reading the thread.
The people insulting them probably got banned too lol.

Dragonsbaine

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vynliean View Post
not necesseraily against me but
i rarely or never have a game wehre people do not say
'report who please.'
'report who'

This is truly toxic.

People are keep trying to ban people each other vengefully who didn't even
attempt to hack or cheat or something.
the report system isn't for people who hack or cheat!! especially since there is no category for that and Riot claims it is impossible (mainly because they do keep up with people who create hax and nullify em.

The report system is for toxic behavior. the only people i've come across using this system irresponsibly or vengefully are the trolls themselves. They know they are going to get reported for their bad behavior, so they decide they aren't going down alone and file a false report, hoping to bring someone with them. The results are usually the toxic gets punished and the innocent gets pardoned.

Dragonsbaine

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbagchamp View Post
except, according to riot, many more players would be banned. Riot has said several times if they ran the tribunal they would be much less forgiving

But great point theshim, report threats are no threat to the tribunal, they are just annoying in a game.
kinda makes me wish they would start running the tribunal. instead of us doing their job... they leave it to a community infested with trolls and toxicity, to combat the trolls and toxicity. Then they wonder why some people say the only reason they vote on the tribunal is to get IP.... I'll tell you why... cause they are trolls... trolls only look out for themselves and say screw the community.