How is blitz op?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZephyrDrake

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damasuna View Post
... and his pull, while great is hardly game breaking...
Stopped reading right here. Clearly a troll if you think his pull isn't game breaking. Let me ask you one question... how is a non-ult skill that has pretty much NO RISK WHATSOEVER and that A SINGLE PULL CAN WIN GAMES is not game breaking?

Postal Miku

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormsurgez View Post
he is not OP its just 900 elo people that dont know how to sidestep or ward bottom bush
What is why he is banned at all elos

ZephyrDrake

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormsurgez View Post
he is not OP its just 900 elo people that dont know how to sidestep or ward bottom bush
i guess everyone at IPL5 were 900 elo people then

shalexade

12-03-2012

NA Blitz ban rate is 80%
EU Blitz ban rate is 40%

Does that mean NA players are really bad at dealing with Blitz, or EU Players are bad at being Blitz?

Retro Shock

12-03-2012

One grab late game means death for pretty much anyone. Doesn't matter if Blitz is 0/1,000,000 he can still insta gib anyone late game.

Dante Moradis

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalexade View Post
NA Blitz ban rate is 80%
EU Blitz ban rate is 40%

Does that mean NA players are really bad at dealing with Blitz, or EU Players are bad at being Blitz?
Bans are different from region to region, like Twisted Fate is on perma ban on the asian servers cause they are the scariest TFs in the world.

Nymura

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZephyrDrake View Post
Stopped reading right here. Clearly a troll if you think his pull isn't game breaking. Let me ask you one question... how is a non-ult skill that has pretty much NO RISK WHATSOEVER and that A SINGLE PULL CAN WIN GAMES is not game breaking?
you do realize you stopped reading at the end of the post? But your question is pretty stupid as well.
First off you claim that a single pull "win games". This is only partially true, a good initiation wins games. Likewise a bad pull can ruin the game for your team.
Second you're basically saying his pull is game breaking cause it has no risks and is a good spell. Is EZ op cause he has flash on a non-ult spell that could potentially save him from ganks all game? Is zyra op cause she has a multiple target CC spell non-ultimate with no risk involved?
and regardless his Pull does have risk because just as easily as he can get a good initiation, he can also get a terrible one. What you're saying is since he has the capability to do a good initiation hes op.

Aeolian Melodies

12-03-2012

Quote:
Just wondering.. I've seen multiple threads and people say blitz is "op". Personally i don't see it, he's easy to counter, and his pull, while great is hardly game breaking. When i compare him to say pudge he's actually very lacking as distance has less meaning in this game than dota.
So can someone tell me how blitz is really op? I'm just not seeing it.
1) He's not easy to counter by any means - what are you gonna go, go support Morgana with a Sivir? But Morgana is much better off mid as an AP carry and Sivir is not a carry for every situation. Really he's not really counterable except by turtling all lane long and even then, if you're doing that he's probably zoning you and winning the lane just by being BLITZ.

2) If you don't think being so great at spoon-feeding kills to the ADC is game breaking, it sounds like there are some basis in this game you do not understand.

3) Dota characters are NOT comparable to LoL champions, the balancing philosophy of Dota is "if everyone is OP in their own right, then everything is fine and dandy". LoL does not work like that, it's pointless to compare Blitz and Pudge.

4) Positioning is everything in LoL, why do you think Flash is still taken by virtually everyone even after how many times it's been nerfed?

NeilPatrickTaric

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyAtheismo View Post
The problem with Blitzcrank is you can be the worst Blitz player in the world, miss 90% of your grabs, and still win the game with a single lucky grab which leads to securing a Baron or team fight.

That is toxic.
don't know why this guy was downvoted, but he's pretty much right..

you can dodge his grab all day long but once he lands one, it's pretty much an guaranteed kill.

he's not really "op" per se, but his grab is definitely broken.

Aeolian Melodies

12-03-2012

Quote:
By counter i mean, place your own initiator into his hook. It ruins his grab and gets your team where you want them. Or in lane, counterpick him with someone like ali or leona and you can easily turn the lane around. Place a ward in the bush and boom, no more threat.
Ali is 100% banned, and Leona is not the best support for every carry. Besides, this strategy relies on Blitz being bad enough to pull the tank.