How do I carry out of elo hell with support?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PeNaBuG

12-03-2012

you dont support until you know other people can carry you haha unless you duo queue.

SpAceWaffLeS

12-03-2012

If you are truly better than the ELO you are in.
Do not play support if you want to rise.

Yes you can carry with support, but you are adding a randomness factor of your teammate you cannot predict.

As a support you cannot affect if your top feeds... there is nothing you can do. Same with mid/jungle a little.

Play mid or jungle!

You can be involved in everything. Jungle fight? you can be there, bot and top? you can be there.

Nothing worse than playing bot lane and having your top lane feed, really nothing you can do.

Mansa TChalla

12-03-2012

I'm stuck at 1210 and my last hitting/farming isnt that great. I've been thinking about playing support for ranked because

1. Nobody peels in solo q

2. Nobody peels in solo q

3. Nobody ever wards in solo q unless its convenient for them.

So I was hoping, maybe if I could master all these things then I could become better. However this thread states otherwise

pro4never

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

be vocal (in a good way)

This means calling objective and ward timers, calling mias, ping your engages and disengages (always assume teh adc is blind)

Also, play supports that mesh well with who your adc is using, this means asking in selection so you can compliment them well.

Zyra, Lulu, Fiddle are all VERY strong supports if played well right now as well as Taric and Nunu.

I'm in the process of working on Lulu right now and it's hilarious how much imapct you can have if you just ping things and cycle your cc properly.

Hiroi

12-03-2012

It's doable to carry yourself out with support. In season 2, I duo queue'd with a pretty good and consistent mid player who for the most part, won his lane. I managed to get to gold with just support. What I observed from myself and other supports is warding efficiently. Ward your lane, river, your jungle, and your enemies jungle. Try to have your adc, mid, and jungler ward as well. It helps a lot. Warding the enemy's jungle frequently, it helps so much knowing where the jungler is/is not.

As for the supports I play, I mostly played Janna, though the laning phase might be a bit rough, her ults, shield, and cc make plays that can get kills or save your team. Other supports I played were Nunu and Sona, sometimes Leona. But for the most part, I think Janna, Nunu, and Sona are the best supports to carry. And like the others said, support Zyra is really good.

Eruka Frog

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwontprevail View Post
try zyra support
you still can't carry bads with zyra

that's me the support ending the game with the most gold on my team

TheChizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

You could just Duo Queue with a friend who plays a good ADC. And it makes things more fun and less stressing.

Rushinq

12-03-2012

Always go for kill if your adc isnt retarded. I hate playing adc because my supports dont know how to play. 1450~ elo

Kr1sys

12-03-2012

You can't carry bads with a typical support i.e. Soraka or Taric. You'll need one with huge team fighting potential, i.e. Sona, Zyra, Lulu.

You have to literally hold their hand to victory and you'll have to do so by changing the team fight considerably.

Mansa TChalla

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eruka Frog View Post
you still can't carry bads with zyra

that's me the support ending the game with the most gold on my team
You were building all damage items. I thought support zyra was for the CC