**** ELO Hell

12345678 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

adc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
And would you agree that in the one game you fed in, that you were part of the reason your team lost?
It was a mixture of the entire team failing more than my personal failure, but I certainly wouldn't say I contributed to us having a chance at winning.

YuHZ

12-03-2012

Personally your overall attitude and rage throughout this whole thread at people who are trying to point out that maybe you are not so flawless as you really thought you were, or "carrying" in a sense. Personally, I think you need to calm down and take a break from ranks for a while.
I dunno about you but, so far this season I've done pretty well for myself.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
I certainly wouldn't say I contributed to us having a chance at winning.
And as such, it's hard to really expect a win out of this match, right?

Now, if your 15/2/11 Ezreal match is a loss, then it's pretty clear that your teammates lost that match for you despite your every effort to win.

All I'm doing here is attempting to point out to the OP that it's pretty pointless to get mad at 4 other people that didn't do all that much worse than you and blame them for the loss when you yourself aren't doing anything to contribute to a winning chance. Those 4 random players are unlikely to ever play another ranked match with you again. Meanwhile, you've got a 100% chance to have yourself on your team every time you queue up.

All you can do is focus on your own play and assure that you're doing everything YOU can do to contribute to your team's winning chances. You claimed to always win your lane, and the one match I see in your history where you played as a role besides jungle or support, you went 4/8/3 as Jax, and your lane opponent went 14/1/14 as Kayle.

That's a very interesting definition of winning your lane.

adc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
And as such, it's hard to really expect a win out of this match, right?

Now, if your 15/2/11 Ezreal match is a loss, then it's pretty clear that your teammates lost that match for you despite your every effort to win.

All I'm doing here is attempting to point out to the OP that it's pretty pointless to get mad at 4 other people that didn't do all that much worse than you and blame them for the loss when you yourself aren't doing anything to contribute to a winning chance. Those 4 random players are unlikely to ever play another ranked match with you again. Meanwhile, you've got a 100% chance to have yourself on your team every time you queue up.

All you can do is focus on your own play and assure that you're doing everything YOU can do to contribute to your team's winning chances. You claimed to always win your lane, and the one match I see in your history where you played as a role besides jungle or support, you went 4/8/3 as Jax, and your lane opponent went 14/1/14 as Kayle.

That's a very interesting definition of winning your lane.
Damn it man, I'm in class. Stop making me laugh.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-03-2012

And by the way, in your last match, as Sona? I mean, come on. Just look at the match results.

You played support Sona, finished 6/11/12. This isn't the worst of scores, and sometimes this is good enough to win as support, but let's look at the bigger picture.

Your AD Carry went 5/5/13 and got 258 cs, so they weren't feeding, and they were pretty decent at getting farm.

The enemy AD Carry, however, went 15/4/9 with a support that was 0/6/15.

I mean, just LOOK at the results of your matches. How are you really going to keep this thread going without assuming ANY of the blame on yourself?

As long as you keep putting the blame off on your teammates, you'll fail to improve, and you'll continue to sink.

Purifying Light

12-03-2012

I feel for you, I run into this in many ranked games and have lost several times because of it. I hope stuff like this stops.

EternalLoL

12-03-2012

"but literally every single loss I have had, has been from the exact same thing happening in every game. Either top lane and/or bottom lane feed their lane, making careless plays, over-extending, not warding, etc. Then, they complain that I (I jungle most games) haven't come to babysit their lane b/c they can't understand how to play defensive and farm or buy wards."

"While I did end up being something like 1-9, I literally got 0 help from out jungler who babysat bot the entire game."

You are your own worst enemy. Think about what you've said. Here's a hint: they contradict, and they were both said by you. What's the word for that? Oh yea, hypocrite.

Hunna211

12-03-2012

Ok, so here are 2 examples of the **** I put up with.

http://i.imgur.com/JRFIx.jpg Bottom lane fed. They were almost half the deaths of the entire team. Our Kayle top also fed, ending at 1-7. 18 of the 22 deaths on the team were on 3 people. Not only that, I have more cs than our adc. So, positive ratio, least deaths, contributed to almost 1/2 of our kills, but b/c of top and bottom, we lose.

http://i.imgur.com/ahiQg.jpg: So this game, our ez afk'd at start, then decided to show up after first wave was almost already cleared bot. Our irelia afk'd once during the game to "empty the dishwasher" then left again and never game back, throwing a won game. Ali kept diving towers for kills that weren't going to happen, and ended with 9 deaths. Ez threw a couple of different kills by shifting for no reason to get to a target that had been locked down for him by me and ali, for them to flash or leap away and us be unable to catch him for the kill since ez's shift was down. Granted other team's zyra was afk for a solid 10 min of the game, but she came back at the end and helped them get baron and make final push, while our irelia was still afk. Both ended at lvl 15, so were there roughly the same amount of time. However, b/c irelia afk'ed at end and zyra came back, the other team had the 5 when it mattered more.

Just 2 examples of me winning my lane/jungle, having positive ratio, and still losing b/c of others.

Edit: first link wasn't working

vaMpro

12-03-2012

You know all these things contribute to the win/loss streak liable for one to be stuck in 1100-1400 elo range. It undoubtedly homes the majority of players in North America; the chance that you get a truly skilled player or group of players on your team is statistically LOW because often times skilled players consistently perform excellent in every game, thus moving up in ranking (say 1200 - 1300) regardless of the few times he or she will lose because of a considerably bad performance; (the domino effect here, is the skilled player is more likely to encounter other beyond average players climbing through the rankings in these higher elos - this happens until he cannot exceed the performance of players at his new skill plateu.) Inconsistent personal performance can largely reflect the summoner's elo; there are rare occasions one may lose elo based on a streak of 'unlucky' games due to extraordinary circumstances; but he will presume to clime elo once again based on his performance.

Many think the same way as 'Hunna,' but realize he is not being objective or self-critical in the matter, where self-awareness may greatly benefit his performance, increasing his rank as a result. This is exemplified in the more objective and lightly stated individuals 'pogo' and 'YuHZ' who are more likely to progress in ranking because of this attitude; however this is not a standard limited to this particular situation; it is the sum of attributes in successful thinking which can be beneficial in all areas of society.

Hunna is frustrated because of his emotional desire to win and lack of attaining it. Most common result is the act of pointing blame - the result of backwards rationalization to make personal belief more easily validated. In turn, Hunna will continue to decline rating because of this on-going frustration and naivety clouding his judgement. His emotions will cause his limbic system to knock out most of his working memory, physically causing narrow-mindedness (Chiren Boumaaza "Athene's Theory of Everything" on Ch.1 God is in the Neurons, Social Neuroscience). This is a vicious cycle we see in the correlation of behavior patterns of competitive, team-based, video games.

Scholarly dictation on the matter of "**** ELO HELL," behavior sciences in gaming.

1 800 ACEUUUU

12-03-2012

One common factor.

12345678 ... 9