Metagame is shifting away from Supports.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Boss Aegis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

Apparently I have to define a farmless mage.

Farmless: Does not have farm.

Mage: A champion with significant base damages on spells that deal magic damage. A mage will always have some form of crowd control, no matter how bad that crowd control proves to be. A mage tends to have average to below-average movement speed.

Farmless Mage: A mage without farm.

FredIsDead

12-03-2012

tell that to my 70% win rate as taric?

Boss Aegis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredIsDead View Post
tell that to my 70% win rate as taric?
You're wrong! I have a decent-good win rate with a bulkster! Bulksters won't be more popular than supports!

I feel as though this is just going to circle around to "You're an idiot if you think a bulkster can't support!" Taric is both a bulkster and a support, leaning more on the bulkster side. They aren't mutually exclusive.

Map Awareness

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sessamo View Post
Are we just pretending Lulu, Nunu and Sona aren't supports now?
He technically isn't, he just happens to have a non-personal AS/MS steroid.

MechaMacster

12-03-2012

Nunu isn't support? I thought he was originally labeled as support due to his non-personal AS/MS steroid as you stated, but also thanks to his two slows. (given one is far more reliable, but the other is AoE so still beneficial when applied well.

that, and he's just about as squishy as a normal support... just saying. i don't think he'd be considered mage at least.

King Kashue

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanceStubbs View Post
you really don't seem to understand what "support" is.
Riot doesn't know how to make supports in the first place. They should go play DOTA2 for a bit then they will see what supports are supposed to be like in a MOBA game.

Oberic

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightestStarr View Post
meta is shifting away from conventional supports to zoning/CC/burst tanks and mages because riot nerfed all the normal supports to suck tier

0cs support meta is staying until further notice
Zoning...

Starcall Soraka, zoning tutorial.. Shurelia is not forgotten.

chumbler

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sessamo View Post
Are we just pretending Lulu, Nunu and Sona aren't supports now?
Yes we are, because it's easier to ignore things that clearly show we are wrong than it is to stop whining and having a persecution complex.