Summoner's Rift Purple Side.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GFireflyE

12-03-2012

Who in the world plays this game with a locked camera? I thought that option was just for the summoner's spotlight recordings...

youmadbroimnasty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

^ i support this message lololololol

mnun

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryskie View Post
I feel that between the purple and blue side that Blue side has the advantage solely because the camera angle is catered to it. Would it be that hard just to mirror the sides? Possibly if Riot does mirror it atleast make it option for the people that like it the way it is. Plus I feel if Riot does mirror it that it will make it more fair. Everytime I play purple side I always feel that i'm at a disadvantage. If anything mirroring the camera angle will give a freshness to the long time players like myself. I'v been playing for maybe 2 years? I know i'm not great at the game but its still fun and would be even more fun if half of the games I play aren't me at a disadvantage.
2 years
Locked camera
REALLY DUDE

FoeHamm3r

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by youmadbroimnasty View Post
There is no advantage learn how to play unlocked
No advantage? Unlocking the screen allows you to watch other lanes so you can more efficiently use global ultimants. What do people with locked screens do? Just blindly jump with TF/Panth? Or fire a lux/ez/ash/GP ult at a chance?

My friend suggested that I unlock my screen at lvl 14ish. Best advice I've ever gotten

adc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoeHamm3r View Post
No advantage? Unlocking the screen allows you to watch other lanes so you can more efficiently use global ultimants. What do people with locked screens do? Just blindly jump with TF/Panth? Or fire a lux/ez/ash/GP ult at a chance?

My friend suggested that I unlock my screen at lvl 14ish. Best advice I've ever gotten
You have literally 0 reading comprehension, don't you? That guy was platinum SII (diamond? I think it was a plat badge) and you think he's advocating locked camera? He said "there is no advantage - period here - learn to play unlocked"

a1sock

12-03-2012

whether or not it affects you personally, it affects enough people that some attention from Riot to help those who feel purple is disadvantaged would be nice.

I play unlocked on most champs, there are a few melee characters where I just drag my map around, and on purple side I still feel disadvantaged because of the hud and **** being in my way.

adc

Master Recruiter

12-03-2012

a1sock: I think I found your problem. You're level 30 with 8 normal wins. Co-op versus AI sticks you on blue side every time, so you have no practice on purple side. That's the only reason it feels weird. Go play customs and play solely on purple. After 50-100 games, assuming you stick to it, it should feel just as natural as blue side.

Final Zenith

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
a1sock: I think I found your problem. You're level 30 with 8 normal wins. Co-op versus AI sticks you on blue side every time, so you have no practice on purple side. That's the only reason it feels weird. Go play customs and play solely on purple. After 50-100 games, assuming you stick to it, it should feel just as natural as blue side.
^LOLOLOLOLOL. As to the topic, I agree with most people, Purple side is not at a disadvantage. Even with locked camera, purple side is the same thing. You just got to stop playing so many AI battles and play some PVP/Custom.

Bones To Dust

12-03-2012

When I started playing LoL I had never played Dota and I have played LoL with an unlocked Camera since level one.. I don't see how people think locking it is a good idea. You cannot see the map, you can't see anything. you're limiting yourself to one tiny square.. locked camera seems so much harder to play with

adc

Master Recruiter

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones To Dust View Post
When I started playing LoL I had never played Dota and I have played LoL with an unlocked Camera since level one.. I don't see how people think locking it is a good idea. You cannot see the map, you can't see anything. you're limiting yourself to one tiny square.. locked camera seems so much harder to play with
The people who play with locked camera because they think it's easier are the same people who don't look at the map or the rest of their lane. They don't keep track of anything except where they are and who's on the screen. Which is more of a hindrance to their play than anything else, really.