"Everytime I lose, I didn't carry hard enough"

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InfrangibleTM

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonrend View Post
Someone still didn't get the point of the topic. Read the first line
Not sure if troll or moron.

LightEntite

12-03-2012

Quote:
This is the mindset I go into ranked games with. If I lose a game then I need to look at what I need to do better. Of course some games are uncarriable by anyone non-psychic and non-perfect, but keeping this mentality soothes any kind of rage I had for this game. If mid and jungle died to a countergank while I was top, I should have headed down there to help out/clean up. If the enemy mid roamed top and got a kill without a response, I should have been more vigilant with pings/mias/counterganking.

If you play every game with the mentality "I will only lose if I fail to carry my team, and that's MY responsibility", ranked becomes more fun and your ELO will rise much faster

This is assuming it's possible to carry a team that doesn't allow itself to be carried.

And it isn't.

It's better to improve the whole team instead of simply trying to improve yourself. Helping other lanes is part of that....

...but you're taking the self blame a bit too far. Assuming that the ADC is the only important factor on the team can only contributes to why lowelo teams lose.

Layla

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

Not sure why this is being downvoted? It's harsh, but it's not necessarily a bad mindset to have. I'm personally hypercritical of my own play so I'm forced to think about what I could've done better and what I can do to improve. If I miss cs, I beat myself up over it and keep a mental note to practice last hitting. If I miss a skillshot, more practice. If I die, better map awareness or positioning. If a major play goes wrong, think about why it went wrong or what else could have been done, etc.

The idea is that no one is perfect, so there's always room to improve, even if it's a game where you gave your best and your team threw.

gimeyop

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
Not sure why this is being downvoted? It's harsh, but it's not necessarily a bad mindset to have. I'm personally hypercritical of my own play so I'm forced to think about what I could've done better and what I can do to improve. If I miss cs, I beat myself up over it and keep a mental note to practice last hitting. If I miss a skillshot, more practice. If I die, better map awareness or positioning. If a major play goes wrong, think about why it went wrong or what else could have been done, etc.
The mindset you're talking about is fine. However what OP was saying was "I didn't carry my team enough", which is the same as saying "my team sucks, if I did better we could've won" You are not the only person on your team! There's 4 other people and believe it or not, 80% chance they're not completely braindead! Pings and communication will improve your chances of winning and improve your teammate's skill level way more than you just abandoning them and saying "oh well, they suck, better carry harder next game"

Dragonrend

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimeyop View Post
The mindset you're talking about is fine. However what OP was saying was "I didn't carry my team enough", which is the same as saying "my team sucks, if I did better we could've won" You are not the only person on your team! There's 4 other people and believe it or not, 80% of the chance they're not completely braindead! Pings and communication will improve your chances of winning and improve your teammate's skill level way more than you just abandoning them and saying "oh well, they suck, better carry harder next game"
No, the mindset I'm talking about is "If I lost, it's my fault". I said this mindset quells my anger, blaming someone is the road to a loss

Layla

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

Probably just poor choice of wording by the OP? The way I'm reading it, it's nearly synonymous with what I'm describing.

Shadowmace

12-03-2012

This will receive many downvotes but I dont care.

I've heard that phrase many times. "Everytime I lose, I didnt carry hard enough." However the reality is not every game is your fault. Yes, there is always something you could have done to help your situation, but think of it this way. You have limited resources such as time, CDs, dmg, gold, ect. Theoretically, there is a perfect way to use those resources, BUT even if you do use those perfectly, that game may still be unwinnable. You can produce the best outcome possible, but it still ended in a loss.

My point is not to complain "I was 1,835,235/2/123 but we still lost cuz of my stupid team". My point is, your perfect use of your resources can be outdone by the other team. Since no one is perfect and can produce that outcome, you can always learn from your mistakes.

TL;DR You could always play better, but that doesnt mean you could have carried that game.

Dragonrend

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmace View Post
This will receive many downvotes but I dont care.

I've heard that phrase many times. "Everytime I lose, I didnt carry hard enough." However the reality is not every game is your fault. Yes, there is always something you could have done to help your situation, but think of it this way. You have limited resources such as time, CDs, dmg, gold, ect. Theoretically, there is a perfect way to use those resources, BUT even if you do use those perfectly, that game may still be unwinnable. You can produce the best outcome possible, but it still ended in a loss.

My point is not to complain "I was 1,835,235/2/123 but we still lost cuz of my stupid team". My point is, your perfect use of your resources can be outdone by the other team. Since no one is perfect and can produce that outcome, you can always learn from your mistakes.

TL;DR You could always play better, but that doesnt mean you could have carried that game.
Games snowball from the beginning though. There are always things you could do to stop/start a snowball at the start. Not every game is winnable, but it's best to have the mindset that it is

AR Manimal

12-03-2012

Quote:
This is the mindset I go into ranked games with. If I lose a game then I need to look at what I need to do better. Of course some games are uncarriable by anyone non-psychic and non-perfect, but keeping this mentality soothes any kind of rage I had for this game. If mid and jungle died to a countergank while I was top, I should have headed down there to help out/clean up. If the enemy mid roamed top and got a kill without a response, I should have been more vigilant with pings/mias/counterganking.

If you play every game with the mentality "I will only lose if I fail to carry my team, and that's MY responsibility", ranked becomes more fun and your ELO will rise much faster

It's never my team's fault, it's my fault. Raging at them will get me nowhere. I need to get better so I can carry harder, and that's the end of it.

EDIT: For the people that think carrying is 1 man army, that's absolutely ridiculous. Carrying means making plays around your map, getting the best environment for your team to succeed, snowballing, and making the right calls. If they ran into a bush and got ganked, I should have warded better, etc
I wish more people would think this way. Seriously, of the 6 ranked games I've played this season, the only one I lost is where I just stayed in my lane as long as possible to make sure I win it. Yeah, I crushed my laning opponent. But I didn't help out the other lanes who were all struggling at all. Might have been impossible to carry, but I definitely could have affected the outcome of the other lanes.

ALtheeGreat

12-03-2012

http://i46.tinypic.com/14b297c.png

Tell me how does THIS make YOU feel??????

123456 ... 8