Level 30's partying with lower levels

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JcGNeon

12-02-2012

I started queing with level 30s as soon as I hit 20... honestly didn't even notice the disadvantage. It was nothing that playing better couldn't overcome. Of course I bought runes when I hit 20. I think you look at it wrong, OP. Facing level 30s is quite the opportunity for learning experiences, and if you win, then +1 ego.

SavageWolves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2012

Alright, I'm going to intervene and tell you multiple reasons why playing vs lvl 30's when you're only level 20 or so is actually a good thing.

First, and most importantly, it offers you a chance to play against players that are likely better than you. Being at a disadvantage allows you to learn and step up your own skill.
In the words of another poster,

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcGNeon View Post
I started queing with level 30s as soon as I hit 20. It was nothing that playing better couldn't overcome. Of course I bought runes when I hit 20. Facing level 30s is quite the opportunity for learning experiences, and if you win, then +1 ego.
Secondly, it offers you a chance to see how champions should ideally be played. Instead of raging and getting angry about getting rolled, stop and think about how the runes, masteries, item build, and playstyle of the champion work together to make them effective.

Also, excessive amounts of bot games should not be played to get to level 30. For example, when I started ranked after I hit 30 last season, there was a player on the enemy team (he played graves, i recall) who was absolutely horrible. I checked his stats after the game, and he had won 0 normal games.

Bots just don't give you the experience that a pvp game will.

RQDora

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekonCross View Post
Listen.. I just played a game vs people my level went 17-9-8. The other team had level 30's on it. However, the thing is. Its really hard to compete when I dont have my rune pages done up like they do. I dont have as many mastery points as they do...

So in theory. It will push me to be better. However its fking annoying to get face rapped when darius ulti is doing 1300dmg when he hits you 2x with regulars or 800 just by hitting his ulti on you. Its really unfair and unbalanced. I pointed out an example of an mmorpg already. Mastery pages make a GIANT difference in how you do. Dont try to tell me they dont.

I did a 1v1 against my friend level 30 full runes full mastery page. Guess what happened? He was 3hitting me and we built the same champ same gear. This persisted even into late game. I had no chance in hell of winning what-so-ever. With exact same EVERYTHING. The only difference was his rune page was done and he had full mastery build.

Thats my problem. Sure I can get lucky and kill them a few times. But its pure luck. Usually with them getting ballsy and trying to turret dive me. Usually results in the turret killing him after I die tho. So You can say well your being taught but really. Your not, you are simply riding on the backs of level 30's. Show me the match history and end game screen of a lowbie partied with level 30's 100% guaranteeing that a. the lowbie died about 15 or more times and b the lvl 30's got about 15-40kills each.
Listen, I understand your frustration and I know where you are coming from. There are certain people who do that just to mess with others. But then there are some people who join and get thrown in a 5v5 with their friends that are all 30+ with runes and masteries. Did you know my first 50 games consisted of nothing but level 30s asking me to play with them? Still not level 30 myself but I am still doing alright http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/35211550#history

Taarki

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekonCross View Post
Ok, so this has been increasingly annoying as of lately I have been seeing a huge rash of this. So the matching system matches you with people based upon average group level. IE if your lvl 30 and you party with someone level 12. You can be put into a part with people who are in the upper teen's lower 20's for level range.
Actualy if you read the matchmaking thingy on the front page it says that even for normal matches you have an "elo" which is how they match you with other people. because atm i have a foriegn exchange student living with me that is really good at level 16 and he is getting paired with level 30 players when he solo ques.

jattDaBoi

12-03-2012

I'm lvl 23, and from the start I wanted to play with higher levels, so its much harder and you gain more experience about the game.

Pure Celerity

12-03-2012

Everyone is flaming the OP and saying he is selfish but he is right. The whole point is that I'm a level 14, with half a mastery page and NO runes. I literally can't play the game like a level 30 can. If we engage, I WILL die. There is no skill that can help me, there is no "outplaying" to be done. He starts the game with more damage, health, armor pen, or whatever he builds with his runes and masteries. Smurf accounts are different, I don't mind playing a better, smarter opponent.... We just don't want to play against a maxed out rune page and that's what this all boils down to. And for all you lvl30 tards who plan on saying they don't make that big of a difference, go que up in ranked but don't use any runes and use half a mastery tree and you'll see what every game is like for us. I grind through the low levels in hopes that one day the game will be a lot more fun and competitive but I can imagine A LOT of players quit before they get to 30 just based on the point this thread was trying to make.

OriginalJack

12-03-2012

Ok to all those people saying that it's not fair for people to get matched against a lvl 30 player when they are not lvl 30 you are correct it's not fair if you are matched against them 1v1 (more on this in a sec) but you need to remember that the reason that you're getting matched against the lvl 30s is because they are queued with a lower lvl friend. If that lower level friend is actually new and not smurfing then it's by no means a lock they the team with the 30s is going to win. The team without the 30s just needs to exploit the weak link properly.

If you are above lvl 20 vs a lvl 30 the difference in stats isn't really that big a deal, or at least it's small enough where if you are actually better than them you should be able to win. The reason that a lvl 30 will usually win is because they have a lot more experience in the game than you do. Don't try to blame you losing your lane 100% on a difference of like 7 AP. Sure it's an advantage but the real reason they beat you was because they were better than you and it's good to play with people that are better than yourself, you don't improve beating up on bads 24/7.

Zlain

12-03-2012

Always fun loading into a lvl 15 game and seeing someone on the other team has a S2 Gold boarder.

adc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlain View Post
Always fun loading into a lvl 15 game and seeing someone on the other team has a S2 Gold boarder.
Good thing you can't see the other team's borders unless you're spectating!

Zlain

12-03-2012

what. Load screen. You totally see boarders...