Corrupted Tribunal and Thereatnings Every Game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tbagchamp

12-02-2012

I can usually tell when someone wins an argument when the opponent quits.

Yes, those things are terrible, but still unrelated. Those were two cases of kids who were constantly abused over the internet by people they knew, went to school with, saw every day. It's sickening, and it is really sickening when people do the same things over this game too.

But your response is, "People who are mean over the internet are bad, the best response is be mean over the internet to them."

Do you see?

LittleDi

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbagchamp View Post
I can usually tell when someone wins an argument when the opponent quits.

Yes, those things are terrible, but still unrelated. Those were two cases of kids who were constantly abused over the internet by people they knew, went to school with, saw every day. It's sickening, and it is really sickening when people do the same things over this game too.

But your response is, "People who are mean over the internet are bad, the best response is be mean over the internet to them."

Do you see?
He quit the argument because you're going to refuse to see the relationship between those cases and the people here being hit by the tribunal bans.

His response to them being bad on the internet is to show them exactly what they have been spewing out at others without being anywhere near as much of a jerk.

So lets turn this entire debate on it's head. Give me a reason why we should promote people being jerks in the first place?

tbagchamp

12-02-2012

"Give me a reason why we should promote people being jerks in the first place?"

When did I ever say we should promote people being jerks?

In fact, my point is the opposite, that we, who represent the tribunal, need to be careful to be kind to any who post questions here.

give me a quote of when I said we should promote people being jerks.

Tvor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-02-2012

I had seen a few report cards with enemy team reported for getting ownt, they never talked to each other.

REALLY? They are jerks because they played better and made me felt bad and it was mean.

Report is being abused.

LittleDi

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbagchamp View Post
"Give me a reason why we should promote people being jerks in the first place?"

When did I ever say we should promote people being jerks?

In fact, my point is the opposite, that we, who represent the tribunal, need to be careful to be kind to any who post questions here.

give me a quote of when I said we should promote people being jerks.
We are kind. We're polite enough to respond to many of these people who don't deserve the responses. VERY FEW of them are actually ignorant of what they've done. We respond to people who act like jerks by treating them with the same respect they have for others. Basically it all boils down to the fact that we need to be above their actions.

I tried that for a long time. It didn't change the way people reacted. In many cases it actually resulted in the people just becoming more of a jerk the less you treated them as one. So when someone comes into the forums and posts "I'm a jerk entitlement rights you're all wrong garbage idiot suckups" I'm going to treat them with the same level of respect they gave me. Point out why they're a jerk, beat them over the head with it until either I'm tired or they understand they're a jerk and change. After all it's the only way they understand.

tbagchamp

12-03-2012

By the way guys, go ahead and keep down voting because you disagree with my argument, that's a very classy tactic.

"going to treat them with the same level of respect they gave me."

So is that okay to do in a game?

If you see a tribunal case where one team mate is insulting another, and then the person in question treats them badly because of that insult, are they innocent?

Don't you think it is a little hypocritical to demand that players in games should not treat people poorly regardless of how they are treated, and then turn around and do that same thing?

Some are kind, not all. Usually the original post gets a snide remark or an insult. If you had a case where a player was always snide, wouldn't you punish them?

I mean take this conversation, for example. I'm not being rude, I'm not insulting, yet some people are giving me down votes because... I'm making a point they disagree with?

"VERY FEW of them are actually ignorant of what they've done." Regardless, they deserve the benefit of the doubt. People often reflect the environment they are in, which is a large reason that the toxic environment exists at all.

Calys Teneb

12-03-2012

I upvoted to balance you out, because yes, we should set the same example. Until which, you get people like a certain "Lord" who refuses to change his ways and wants to be an internet badass. Then it gets frustrating.

Medîeve

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vynliean View Post
Everyone report for playing poorly.
this is truth and current culture of LOL.
Very corrupted.
I see these reports all the time on the Tribunal.
They have a very high pardon rate.
Looks to me like working as intended.

tbagchamp

12-03-2012

Yes, we should set the example, that is what I mean.

Ragers and jerks are very frustrating to deal with, but they deserve the benefit of the doubt. I'm not saying that they shouldnt be punished (they already have been), but it's not our place. Instead of arguing with those same people, why not just ignore them? Instead of insulting, just stop reading the thread.

GON the Mage Guy

12-03-2012

Just a common misconception I'd like to clear up:

Reports=! Punishments/bans.

You can go to the cops and say someone's breaking the law, doesn't mean they are.

Also, I don't think I've ever seen one post here that's said "Hey, this guy was pardoned, he did nothing wrong! Good job, Tribunal!" Only tantrums about bans, so they're the ones that get attention.