I like playing Support Naut

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ars Memoriae

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KADAMA View Post
I always thought video games were for fun.

Not ranked

Bastilean

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKTGoldwolf View Post
Agreed on the above points.

I also think that Naut can be super useful with fewer items than Blitzcrank for the most part. Support aura items like Aegis and Shurelia's just work with him really well in the first place, whereas when I play Blitzcrank I feel like I need at least a Sheen to be able to contribute a little damage.
Blitz does TONS OF DAMAGE. He has the highest damage of any support in the game without items. He is basically an effectively melee AD carry that is moonlighting as support because he is so good at it. His E is as good as Darius level 5 W at level 1. His ultimate randomly does tons of damage just because.

I build: boots, tear, g.heart, p.stone, ionian boots, glacial shroud (at this point I have 40%CDR)

I build this on everyone of my supports except I don't build a tear on other supports. It works on everybody to get the defenses and the CDR that supports benefit from so highly bot lane.

At this point I build a Manamune, which when combined with E does more damage than sheen I think and has the capability of providing a massive shielding boost through your passive.

After that I might consider a Frostborne Guantlet and a Banishee's Veil.

If you still have money coming in you might want to look at a BT, Maw or another Defense Item or two. That's how I Blitz. With 40% CDR I am constantly in overdrive.

Honestly, I like Nautilus for my support because he has a pull and a snare at level one, so he cam be better at level 1 first blood. Nautilus has a slow so he is more sticky. Astronautilus is an awesome skin.

ShadyElf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

Quote:

I also think that Naut can be super useful with fewer items than Blitzcrank for the most part. Support aura items like Aegis and Shurelia's just work with him really well in the first place, whereas when I play Blitzcrank I feel like I need at least a Sheen to be able to contribute a little damage.

You should do what my friend does and get a large rod. If we're doing well he just goes AP blitz and that ult is just devastating.
Though the other day we were losing so we decided to derp around and we got lucky in a few fights and he got enough gold to get zhonya and deathcap and helped us solidify our victory. I was out of position one fight but thanks to blitz ult they won a 4v5 despite the enemy Lee Sin and Riven both having gone legendary early on in the game.

tl;dr AP blitz is fun try it for teh deeps

Gentleman Poro

12-03-2012

Quote:

I think that's why Naut has primarily gone into the jungle. I just think Blitz lane phase is so strong compared to Naut that there is no comparison. As people have commented after though that Blitz has stronger late game I tend to disagree, mostly because of Naut being able to get into the thick of things with aura items.

Aegis/Frozen Heart/Randuins. Pop the Randuins in the middle of the fight and then either peel for the carry for chase the other ad carry around with lots of Armor and let your team fight a 4 on 4 with hopefully an advantage.

Blitz is great if you have the engage, but if they engage Blitz utility is alot less.

RiotKTGoldwolf

Assistant Producer

12-03-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyElf View Post
You should do what my friend does and get a large rod. If we're doing well he just goes AP blitz and that ult is just devastating.
Oh yes, I'm not discounting the damage that Blitz can do. People forget that his ult has a 30 second cooldown with 100% AP scaling and huge AOE silence. Boom!

Calys Teneb

12-03-2012

Support Naut is amazing. Dat passive.

XElement

12-03-2012

Quote:
Oh yes, I'm not discounting the damage that Blitz can do. People forget that his ult has a 30 second cooldown with 100% AP scaling and huge AOE silence. Boom!
Yea...that thing is OP to be honest.
The damage isn't a laughing matter (found that out in a bots game sadly...).

I think the issue with Naut is his base stats suck. He is too squishy.

Quackas

12-03-2012

Im expecting a naut buff with season 3 he wont be able 2 jung without it. Though I prefer him top anyways; that passive makes me miss 0 cs. His bot lane is good only because high cc champs dont need as many items 2 help. Though the base movement speed increase for s3 will help him a lot, I don't see him surviving a run thru the jung without armor runes and a cloth start.

Wasabi Kitty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

My only issue with it is his massive hitbox on his anchor. It's good for a lot of situations, support in lane is not one of them. It's very difficult to hook someone with all the minions around.

BeelzeBuff

12-03-2012

I bought Nautilus the hour he came out

I played him support from the beginning, i never liked him jungle

his E does so much f***ing damage, 1 hook and an E in lane, and the lane is won