**** ELO Hell

123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EyeHearShapes

12-02-2012

I'm playing in roughly the same elo as u and i've accumulated these stats as mid .
Viktor 33 21 61.1% 8.3/game 3.8/game 7.7/game 168.2/game

I have a lot of losses cause trolls and so on but i also have a great KDA , so just because one person feeds on ur team doesn't mean u will definitely do bad although ur right it does hurt u end game.

Quasi Mota

12-03-2012

Your choice in jungle champions is semi poor imho. Just because those champions "can jungle" doesn't mean they "should jungle." You would do your team a greater benefit by selecting champions that are more suited for the role.

Dino Spumoni

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunna211 View Post
No, you people don't understand. Literally every game I'm on the team with the most trolls. First game after making this post, bot fed yet again. I was jungling cho, went 1-1-2. Our adc was 1-4-1, with 90 cs in a 23 min game. The support was 0-6-2, and our top lane picked kayle into wukong and went 2-7-3.

The game I played after that, some toolbag starts trolling on champ select screen. He's last pick, calls jungle after I do, then says he's going to feed and throw the game if he doesn't get jungle. I end up playing sona so this ****** won't troll. My adc doesn't even load into the game until 1:30 into it, and doesn't make it to minions until 1/2 way through 2nd wave. Jungler dies 2 times, then laughs and quits, making it a 4v5. I got stuck supporting so this ****** could jungle and not troll, and he ****ing trolls anyway. Not only that, out cho up top had the wrong masteries, and our morde in mid had 0 armor/mr and only 20 ap.

Bout to do another, and I'm sure the same bull**** is going to happen yet again. I've also started taking ss's of this bull****, just in case someone thinks im making this **** up.
No, I am afraid you do not understand. Every game the enemy team is 20 percent more likely to have a troll than you. Every single game. Because you are on your team. So unless you are bad you should be winning. Even considering the falacy that your teams are always worse you should still be able to win. The enemy team in 1100 could be much better than your team but since no one down there understands how to actually win the god damn game you should still win. I am in 1500 and I am terrible, but the thing is I know everyone I play with or against is also terrible. I had a team yesterday win a 4 v 5 that was 4 v 5 from the very beginning. Because we played like a team while the other team just assumed they could win for free. Don't talk smack, don't give up. Just work together as a team and win. No excuses.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunna211 View Post
EDIT: Way to hide on a lvl 5 alt account kid lol. Talk a big game over the interwebs, don't ya?
What? Who is on a level 5 alt account?

Anyway, look. I'm not pointing out ONE game where you have more deaths than kills. I'm pointing out every game you played. You have more deaths than kills in every single match you played. Even in the one match you managed to win as Cho'gath jungle (but you had a lot of assists).

I know teammates can be bad and they can feed and they can cause the loss, but that doesn't mean you also have to feed.

You want to look at my match history? Go ahead. Right now, of my 10 most recent matches, I have 3 losses. Of those 3 losses:

My most recent match, I played horrendously as Xin Zhao in the jungle. It didn't help that top laner was playing his first game and was only playing top because he definitely couldn't jungle. I tried baby-sitting him as best I could, but the two of us ended up feeding Lee Sin, and Lee Sin proceeded to wreck the entire team. If the rest of my team was better, they could have carried me to the win in that match, but I absolutely am a major contributing factor to that loss.

My other two losses are as Jarvan support. Both of those matches had trolls on my team. And yea, I'll blame those two individual losses on trolls. But those two matches with trolls on my team aren't going to keep me stuck in Elo hell.

Because of the five ranked matches in my 10 most recent matches played, I also have a win as Taric support and a win as Xin Zhao jungle. These are matches with no trolls on my team (though in the Xin Zhao match, the enemy had a rage quit at about 10 minutes). So far this preseason, my record in ranked looks like this...

0-2 when the troll is on my team
1-0 when the troll (that rage quitter) is on the enemy team
1-1 when there is no troll

And that's being decently lenient in terms of defining a troll. In the two matches so far when the troll has been on my team, it's been from the start. AS/AD Lulu intentional feeding top in one match, and a Lee Sin jungle that didn't connect till like 6 or 7 minutes in. When the troll was on the enemy team, it wasn't until he had been outplayed for 10 minutes and then he rage-quit. And I'm not counting playing with a top who had never really topped before on my team as a troll.

Now, if I continue to play, I know in the long run, I'll get enemy trolls slightly more often than teammate trolls. Continue with this win-rate of 50/50 in matches with no trolls, I'll raise Elo by virtue of the fact that the enemy has trolls more often than me.

If I take to dodging queues where I had AD/AS Lulu who insisted top, or the other player who had never REALLY played top before, and I can swing the odds even more greatly in favor of myself to raise in Elo.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-03-2012

Anyway, Hunna211, if the first link wasn't good enough, how about this?
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/3...6#ranked-stats

The only champion you have a positive KD ratio with is Malphite, and that was only 1 match, and only 2 kills to 1 death. And I'll ignore Taric/Sona for this, as they're support champions.

With Jax, your most popular champion, you muster 3.8 kills to 5.1 deaths.
And with Cho'gath, your second most popular, it's 2.9 kills to 5.7 deaths.

Now, you can easily win a match with 3-4 kills and 5-6 deaths. You're not feeding by any measure. But you're not getting yourself fed either. Are you not good enough with your two most favorite champions to be getting yourself fed?

Because by claiming to be "stuck" in "Elo hell," you're claiming that you're better than everyone else in your Elo bracket. And if you're better than everyone else in your Elo bracket, it shouldn't be any problem consistently getting yourself fed with your best champions.

UberWobba

12-03-2012

Started at 1400 elo, now I'm down to 1225 thanks to getting paired with people who rage and play poorly when I do nothing but help offer constructive feedback. This matchmaking system is a joke, and I'm fed up with it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-03-2012

Why do people always assume that the highest Elo they ever reached is their appropriate Elo? Unless you've been in the same Elo bracket for at least a hundred games, it's hard to make a case that you belong at the Elo.

You're accusing bad luck of causing you to lose 175 Elo. I'm suggesting it's possible that a string of good luck and enemy trolls caused you to gain Elo, and now you've just dropped back to a more appropriate Elo for your skill level.

sQR4G3

12-03-2012

That elo is rough.

UberWobba

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
Why do people always assume that the highest Elo they ever reached is their appropriate Elo? Unless you've been in the same Elo bracket for at least a hundred games, it's hard to make a case that you belong at the Elo.

You're accusing bad luck of causing you to lose 175 Elo. I'm suggesting it's possible that a string of good luck and enemy trolls caused you to gain Elo, and now you've just dropped back to a more appropriate Elo for your skill level.
The same could be said conversely.

OriginalJack

12-03-2012

I’m not gonna lolking anybody's stats (mostly cause I don't wanna bring attention to the ugly losing streak in my own history atm, lol) but from the way pogo is describing it I'm getting the sense that while it might not be 100% your fault you are losing it does sound like you are a part of the problem in which case you can't really be blaming it all on a "bad team".

Basically if you really think you are 300 elo above where you are you should be noticeably better than the people you are going against (300 elo is kind of a lot) so you should be crushing your lane then securing objectives like dragon and enemy buffs to help your the rest of your team win their lanes too. It's definitely possible to drag bad teams kicking and screaming to victory if you carry hard enough.

123456 ... 9